God of War: Ghost of Sparta Announced

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By KingBroly

Another God of War game has been announced, and this time it is for the PSP.  Once again, it'll be developed by Ready at Dawn Studios, who, if I remember correctly, sent their PSP development kits home shortly after the last God of War PSP game came out.  It's supposed to take place after God of War I, and show how Kratos got the title of God of War.  That's funny to me, because I distinctively remember him sitting down in the throne and them just saying 'Kratos is the new God of War'.  I also remember him losing the Blades of Chaos and gaining the Athena Blades, but apparently that's not the case, either. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/04/god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-announced-for-psp/

It's supposed to come out later this year
JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By JeevesPleez

I'm glad Ready At Dawn is doing it again.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael
@JeevesPleez said:

" I'm glad Ready At Dawn is doing it again. "

Same here. Unlike Santa Monica, they aren't just good animators and modelers; they actually know how to design games. God of War III is very large and sharp and crisp and detailed, but the part where you play the game is a complete mess. Not to mention the story and the characters... *shudder*. 

Chains of Olympus, however, was awesome. Really looking forward to this.
vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor
@Icemael said:

" @JeevesPleez said:

" I'm glad Ready At Dawn is doing it again. "

Same here. Unlike Santa Monica, they aren't just good animators and modelers; they actually know how to design games. God of War III is very large and sharp and crisp and detailed, but the part where you play the game is a complete mess. Not to mention the story and the characters... *shudder*.  Chains of Olympus, however, was awesome. Really looking forward to this. "
Agreed - while they seemed to know what was wrong with the gameplay from the first two (who ever used the original L1 + O combo effectively? The reverse scorpion pull was a much needed improvement) and refined it, the actual level design (4 locations you visited over and over again with no real level of shadow complex/metroid-esque complexity) and story/characters were completely sub-par. It did look pretty though (if wildly inconsistent, any character that wasn't a boss or Kratos looked awful - Hera and Aphrodite/maidens for example - and the garden maze looked to have PS2 levels of geometry/invisible walls). 

While Chains of Olympus was short, the first 2/3rds of that game were fantastic.