Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By Kyreo

Heavy Rain

So I bought, played, and beat Heavy Rain over the last few days.  At first I was very negative about the game because it is a bit slow on the outset and the voice acting was (and still is) atrocious.  It is bad.  The children especially.  I mean, the four main characters are adequately voice acted, Shelby more so, that detective douche bag, less so.  Once I got into the thick of the game the less I saw the flaws.  It's kind of like riding on a bumpy road in a jeep.  At first, when it's slow, it sucks but once it gets going, it's awesome.  Overall, I loved that game, though the flaws don't help.  So from here on I will do some spoiling.  Be Warned.   

I already knew who the Origami Killer was because I got the ending spoiled for me about a month after Heavy Rain came out, and that kept me from picking it up sooner but with the encroaching summer I decided to pick it up anyway.  Regardless of this fact, I still enjoyed it and didn't try to get Shelby killed or do stupid stuff like that.  I played as I would if it was me in each situation.  The only things I regret about my play through was that I shot that one crazy religious dude in the detective part, and I let Lauren get away clean.  What I mean by that is when Shelby and Lauren are in the antique shop you are supposed to remove all of yer prints, yours and Lauren's, but originally I wanted to leave her prints on the little music box so that she would be incriminated and she would be out of my hair.  I didn't end up doing that though.  Side Note: Madison Paige.  Pretty hot for a bunch of pixels.   

I ended up with everyone alive, no one died.  I was pretty proficient with my quick time eventfulness.  The only thing I did was give up at the very end as the detective because I hated playing as him.  He was a strung out dick. 

Origami Zergling

I really loved the load time origami arts and crafts thing that came with Heavy Rain.  Once I finished that little bird and I had played for a bit I stopped and looked up some origami with the aid of my man onimonkii.  Now I've been doing origami for years so I'm not new to it or anything so I thought I could take on a challenging craft.  What I came across was an origami zergling.  I went out and got some origami paper the next day and completed one for myself after following the instruction video the artist uploaded to YouTube.  Here is the fruit of my labour.   I would upload the image into this blog post to prevent this entry form looking like a big scary wall of text, but my image won't load to the site for some reason.  Actually, I will place that original photo here.  So that I don't get any TL;DRs.  

No Caption Provided

JRPGs
I bought the games Valkyria Chronicles and Eternal Sonata.  I've been on a real anime kick lately and I've been in the mood for a few JRPGs and these two were cheap and looked good.  I'll crack into those either tonight or tomorrow.  I may do a follow up once I beat them both, which I don't think will be any time soon. 

One peculiar thing about these two games is that the cover art looks very similar.  See for yourself. 

Front cover of Valkyria Chronicles (US) for PlayStation 3

US Box Art (PS3)
US Box Art (PS3)

Honestly, I prefer the Xbox 360 box art for Eternal Sonata but I bought it for the PS3.  Anyways, both covers have text in the middle, a dude (one is a chick, I know) above that text and a bunch of other duders below that text.  Both dudes above the text are staring out at you sternly while the ones below the text are engaged in some tomfoolery.   I feel like there might be other games out there with the same cover scheme.   

So that's about it...
I've been watching a lot of anime recently.  Go check out my list of the stuff I've seen lately and comment or shit talk; whichever you like.  Here is the link to the awesomeness that is my Anime List. 

That's all for now.  Check out this awesome user, Tuddlesworth.  He's an octopus with a top hat.  As per usual, I will leave you with an awesome image.  Bye :3 

No Caption Provided
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Kyreo

Heavy Rain

So I bought, played, and beat Heavy Rain over the last few days.  At first I was very negative about the game because it is a bit slow on the outset and the voice acting was (and still is) atrocious.  It is bad.  The children especially.  I mean, the four main characters are adequately voice acted, Shelby more so, that detective douche bag, less so.  Once I got into the thick of the game the less I saw the flaws.  It's kind of like riding on a bumpy road in a jeep.  At first, when it's slow, it sucks but once it gets going, it's awesome.  Overall, I loved that game, though the flaws don't help.  So from here on I will do some spoiling.  Be Warned.   

I already knew who the Origami Killer was because I got the ending spoiled for me about a month after Heavy Rain came out, and that kept me from picking it up sooner but with the encroaching summer I decided to pick it up anyway.  Regardless of this fact, I still enjoyed it and didn't try to get Shelby killed or do stupid stuff like that.  I played as I would if it was me in each situation.  The only things I regret about my play through was that I shot that one crazy religious dude in the detective part, and I let Lauren get away clean.  What I mean by that is when Shelby and Lauren are in the antique shop you are supposed to remove all of yer prints, yours and Lauren's, but originally I wanted to leave her prints on the little music box so that she would be incriminated and she would be out of my hair.  I didn't end up doing that though.  Side Note: Madison Paige.  Pretty hot for a bunch of pixels.   

I ended up with everyone alive, no one died.  I was pretty proficient with my quick time eventfulness.  The only thing I did was give up at the very end as the detective because I hated playing as him.  He was a strung out dick. 

Origami Zergling

I really loved the load time origami arts and crafts thing that came with Heavy Rain.  Once I finished that little bird and I had played for a bit I stopped and looked up some origami with the aid of my man onimonkii.  Now I've been doing origami for years so I'm not new to it or anything so I thought I could take on a challenging craft.  What I came across was an origami zergling.  I went out and got some origami paper the next day and completed one for myself after following the instruction video the artist uploaded to YouTube.  Here is the fruit of my labour.   I would upload the image into this blog post to prevent this entry form looking like a big scary wall of text, but my image won't load to the site for some reason.  Actually, I will place that original photo here.  So that I don't get any TL;DRs.  

No Caption Provided

JRPGs
I bought the games Valkyria Chronicles and Eternal Sonata.  I've been on a real anime kick lately and I've been in the mood for a few JRPGs and these two were cheap and looked good.  I'll crack into those either tonight or tomorrow.  I may do a follow up once I beat them both, which I don't think will be any time soon. 

One peculiar thing about these two games is that the cover art looks very similar.  See for yourself. 

US Box Art (PS3)
US Box Art (PS3)

Honestly, I prefer the Xbox 360 box art for Eternal Sonata but I bought it for the PS3.  Anyways, both covers have text in the middle, a dude (one is a chick, I know) above that text and a bunch of other duders below that text.  Both dudes above the text are staring out at you sternly while the ones below the text are engaged in some tomfoolery.   I feel like there might be other games out there with the same cover scheme.   

So that's about it...
I've been watching a lot of anime recently.  Go check out my list of the stuff I've seen lately and comment or shit talk; whichever you like.  Here is the link to the awesomeness that is my Anime List. 

That's all for now.  Check out this awesome user, Tuddlesworth.  He's an octopus with a top hat.  As per usual, I will leave you with an awesome image.  Bye :3 

No Caption Provided
SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By SMTDante89

That is an awesome origami zergling.  I wanted to get into origami a bit years ago, but school and other things got in the way of that.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

I love Jayden, I felt like I could relate to his frustration. I'm glad you liked the game though!

That Zergling is ridiculous.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By endless_void

Loved Heavy Rain and sick zergling.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Daveyo520

that is cool looking.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By JB16

The voice acting wasn't that bad at all, sure the accents were a little annoying but that's it.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kyreo
@nintendoeats said:

I love Jayden, I felt like I could relate to his frustration. I'm glad you liked the game though!  That Zergling is ridiculous.

Is Jayden that cop?  I hate cops.  and I guess I could understand his struggle.  Dealing with a dick for a partner, but all that junky Tripto shit was dumb, IMO.  I like his future sunglasses though.  I would kill a man for a pair of those.
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kyreo
@SMTDante89: Origami is pretty easy, and is a nice party trick.  You should at least learn to make a crane so you can hand it to some chick and when she thinks it's the best thing every, act like you don't give a fuck.  It works every time.  >:3
zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By zyn

Cool Zergling Origami.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Slaker117
@Kyreo said:
@SMTDante89: Origami is pretty easy, and is a nice party trick.  You should at least learn to make a crane so you can hand it to some chick and when she thinks it's the best thing every, act like you don't give a fuck.  It works every time.  >:3
Probably works a lot better when half the local population isn't asian. :P
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kyreo
@Slaker117 said:
@Kyreo said:
Probably works a lot better when half the local population isn't asian. :P
Ya know... I've never tried that on an asian chick.  I imagine that wouldn't work as well as it would on a white chick or beautiful latino chick.  
SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SoylentGreen

Awesome Zergling origami + awesome Revy picture = followed.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By frankxiv

i hated madison she was basically just a plot device with tits.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By DystopiaX

That origami zergling is awesome.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's an awesome origami zergling.  I now want to see an Origami Stalker/Collosus/Immortal.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pezen

I think my main issue with Heavy Rain was post-analysis of the story. The gaping holes and the deus ex machina handling of the story overall really ruins the memory of a generally entertaining ride. But as by Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) experience, David Cage has a nice way of letting his dog eat half the script, it would seem. I think he has some nice ideas and much like David Lynch writing his own movies, I think it's a matter of someone wanting to do everything but not being particularly good at one of those things. David Cage could use a couple of co-writers who can flesh out or keep Cage on track and keep the story cohesive, perhaps he could stick to general design and overarching story and let someone else write the actual story.  

Awesome zergligami.  

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By shirogane

Wow, that origami zergling is win. Now all they need to do is figure out how to make two zerglings at a time, cause ya know, ya get two? 

Is that Revy with black hair? What?
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kyreo
@onimonkii said:
i hated madison she was basically just a plot device with tits.
And you get on MY case for not liking pretty ladies.  I can understand that sentiment, and she wasn't much of a character but there were parts of the story that could not have been done without her.  Like the whole, getting the guys attention by dancing and leading him on for information.  I feel like she was necessary, but could have been done better.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I hope you have a hell of a good time with Valkyria Chronicles. Definitely one of the best strategy games I've played in a long time and flat out one of the best games in the PS3 library.

Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By Leafhopper

Welkin is Chopin according to the box of VC1 and the PS3 version of ES

Mind blown. Thanks Kyreo now ill be looking for that pose on every single game that comes out from here on out lol.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By Little_Socrates

Another strange thing about the VC/ES cover arts? On the top of Eternal Sonata, the stern-looking guy on top is in the same pose as one of the two duders on the Valkyria Chronicles bottom (with a slightly modified camera angle.) 

I really liked what I played of Eternal Sonata for 360. Currently working through Persona 4, so I'm head deep in JRPG land. Never played Heavy Rain, though the price has finally dropped enough that I'm willing to pick it up despite all the caveats. 

Lastly, props on the zergling. Not just 'cause I couldn't do nearly as well (I couldn't,) but because it's totally sick!

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That origami duck was the only thing I enjoyed about Heavy Rain.