Is Simcty 5 coming soon?

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By skyline7284

Just thought i would throw some of my speculation about Simcity 5 into one.. convenient thread. 

The Domain Simscity5.com is recently registered to EA

Just a small tidbit, is that in June EA registered Simcity5.com with domain register sites.  Why is this significant?  It (to me anyway) proves that the franchise is not dead to EA like many people think. 

Domain Name: simcity5.com

Created on..............: Mon, Jun 28, 2010
Expires on..............: Sat, Aug 06, 2011
Record last updated on..: Mon, Jul 05, 2010    

Now you may note that EA also renewed the domain for Simcity.com around the same time 

Domain Name: simcity.com

Created on..............: Wed, May 19, 2010
Expires on..............: Fri, Dec 04, 2015
Record last updated on..: Mon, May 24, 2010

Info found by register.com

Simcity 4 is now on Steam

Sure, a lot of 7 year old games get added to Steam everyday.  But why is Simcity 4 being so heavily promoted on the Steam storefront?  It currently has a featured box in the main carousel, as well as a spot right under the carousel in "Featured PC Games".  So why is Simcity 4 getting such heavy promotion, and why is it on Steam but not other games from EA? (Like... say The Sims 2, or The Sims 3? 

The Release Cycle approaches

The time between Simcity 3000 and Simcity 4 was 4 years (1999-2003) the time between Simcity 4 and Simcity Societies? Also 4 years (2003-2007).  So it might be reasonable to expect a new Simcity game 4-5 years after Societies.  That pins it at 2011, which just happens to be when the Simcity5.com domain discussed earlier expires.   If you have any other speculation please do post it.