#PotatoFoolsDay

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Rasgueado

If you log into steam today... you might notice that a lot of your games will update themselves. Most of these belong to a particular set of indie games that are currently on sale as a part of the "Potato Sack Pack." Some of these patches are quite large... (I'm lookin' at you The Ball

Not all of the games being updated have listed what was changed, but some have some interesting and funny text to go in the "Product Update" section. Like this text for the update to Defense Grid:  

Updates to Defense Grids have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

• Profile is now backed up after each content update
  • Increased the overall number of .dgp files in the game folder
  • Modified some of the menus to better use vertical space
  • Made the front end more savory  

The guy's from Team Meat have also added this to their update posting: 

Updates to Super Meat Boy have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
  • Bugs
  • Difficulty decreased on harder levels
  • Better Ammo
  • Happy #PotatoFoolsDay    

So there are apparently some indie developers out there who have a very unique sense of humor... the people in this thread over here on the Steam forums have found a number of interesting little things in their games now. Like for instance... this fascinating change to the game The Ball or another similar alteration from Gaijin games' Bit Trip Beat. You also may or may not notice a change to Meat Boy's appearance... I'll be honest. I'm most interested to see what the developers added to Amnesia: The Dark Descent. =) 

Has anyone else noticed anything unusual today in your games? What did you see? Above all else... Happy #PotatoFoolsDay!
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nintendoeats

I did wonder about this. Super Meat Boy also has a legitimate patch coming, I don't know that was in the update as well.

I love Valve so goddamned much.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the patch notes for LoL today are awesome as well.

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rasgueado

Update: In regards to Amnesia... apparently if you head over to the developer blog page... there are a bunch of new hidden items and apparently talk of a secret room. There is more to that image on the page than meets the eye... right away at least. =) 

Edit: I'll give you a hint... if you want it. 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Today has been a complete bust in terms of good pranks.

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rasgueado
@MrKlorox said:
" Today has been a complete bust in terms of good pranks. "
This has nothing to do with pranks sir... but *everything* to do with potatoes!
ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ahab88
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3