Super Smash Bros 4 Part 7: Pokemon

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

Happy birthday to me... happy birthday to me... I feel so lonely...Why don't you love me *sob*

But enough of that. lets get down to buisness! Things will start getting a little more controvercial starting with this entry.

Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every day, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Picachu
Picachu
Synopsis: Picachu is second only to Mario in popularity, as the face of the multi-million selling Pokemon franchise. Much of Pikachu's popularity comes from his team-up with Ash in the animated TV show, and from his special feature in Pokemon Yellow(where he walked behind the trainer). While not particularly powerful, he is one of the fastest and most useful electric type pokemon in the game.

Notable Appearances: Pokemon Red/Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Mewtwo
Mewtwo
Synopsis:
By far the most powerful creature from the original batch of pokemon games, Mewtwo is an enhanced clone of the original legendary Mew. Trainers only had the skill and oppourtunity to catch him after defeating the Elite Four and his creator, Giovanni.

Notable Appearances: Pokemon Red/Blue/ Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green

SSB4 Likelyhood: 5/10

Lucario
Lucario
Synopsis: Lucario has enjoyed a lot of popularity since appearing in the latest batch of pokemon games. He is obtained by hatching the Riolu Egg you obtain from the old man by the sea and becoming close friends with the Riolu, at which point it evolves.

Notable Appearances: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

SSB4 Likelyhood: 7/10

Pokemon Trainer (red + blue gold + silver ruby + sapphire diamond + pearl)
Synopsis: In the world of Pokemon, every young boy and girl dreams of working with pokemon. There are Pokemon breeders, traders, scientists, and even slave drivers(what would YOU call Team Rocket?). But many children become Pokemon Trainers, who train their creatures to fight eachother in a battle to prove who's the strongest.

Notable Appearances: Pokemon Red/Blue, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

SSB4 Likelyhood: 9/10

Differences: In Brawl, the Pokemon Trainer used Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. In the next game, players should have the option of picking from the playable trainers in each Pokemon Generation. That means the male and female trainers from FireRed/LeafGreen, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, and Diamond/Pearl. Also, each variation would use the starting Pokemon from their generation. Thus, one setup would be Cyndaquil/Crockanaw/Meganium, another would be Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken, and Turtwig/Monferno/Emploeon. 

In addition, I'd like to see a pair of the most famous members of the Elite Four, along with Ash, be playable as well, with their own sets of creatures. Cynthia-Milotic, Lucario, Garchomp. Lance-Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite. Ash-Squirtle, Pikachu, Charizard.

Ash
Ash
Lance
Lance
Cynthia
Cynthia

Creature:
Jigglypuff
Jigglypuff

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

Happy birthday to me... happy birthday to me... I feel so lonely...Why don't you love me *sob*

But enough of that. lets get down to buisness! Things will start getting a little more controvercial starting with this entry.

Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every day, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Picachu
Picachu
Synopsis: Picachu is second only to Mario in popularity, as the face of the multi-million selling Pokemon franchise. Much of Pikachu's popularity comes from his team-up with Ash in the animated TV show, and from his special feature in Pokemon Yellow(where he walked behind the trainer). While not particularly powerful, he is one of the fastest and most useful electric type pokemon in the game.

Notable Appearances: Pokemon Red/Blue, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Mewtwo
Mewtwo
Synopsis:
By far the most powerful creature from the original batch of pokemon games, Mewtwo is an enhanced clone of the original legendary Mew. Trainers only had the skill and oppourtunity to catch him after defeating the Elite Four and his creator, Giovanni.

Notable Appearances: Pokemon Red/Blue/ Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green

SSB4 Likelyhood: 5/10

Lucario
Lucario
Synopsis: Lucario has enjoyed a lot of popularity since appearing in the latest batch of pokemon games. He is obtained by hatching the Riolu Egg you obtain from the old man by the sea and becoming close friends with the Riolu, at which point it evolves.

Notable Appearances: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

SSB4 Likelyhood: 7/10

Synopsis: In the world of Pokemon, every young boy and girl dreams of working with pokemon. There are Pokemon breeders, traders, scientists, and even slave drivers(what would YOU call Team Rocket?). But many children become Pokemon Trainers, who train their creatures to fight eachother in a battle to prove who's the strongest.

Notable Appearances: Pokemon Red/Blue, Pokemon Gold/Silver, Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

SSB4 Likelyhood: 9/10

Differences: In Brawl, the Pokemon Trainer used Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. In the next game, players should have the option of picking from the playable trainers in each Pokemon Generation. That means the male and female trainers from FireRed/LeafGreen, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, and Diamond/Pearl. Also, each variation would use the starting Pokemon from their generation. Thus, one setup would be Cyndaquil/Crockanaw/Meganium, another would be Mudkip/Grovyle/Blaziken, and Turtwig/Monferno/Emploeon. 

In addition, I'd like to see a pair of the most famous members of the Elite Four, along with Ash, be playable as well, with their own sets of creatures. Cynthia-Milotic, Lucario, Garchomp. Lance-Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite. Ash-Squirtle, Pikachu, Charizard.

Ash
Ash
Lance
Lance
Cynthia
Cynthia

Creature:
Jigglypuff
Jigglypuff

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Name the Pokemon trainer Ash, and just add in different trainers with names as well.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ
Arkthemaniac said:
"Name the Pokemon trainer Ash, and just add in different trainers with names as well."
What would you name the trainers from Gold/Silver, ruby/Sapphire, and Diamond/Pearl?
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoG

I'm cool with a Mewtwo return, but Ark, poo on your idea. No thank you.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
BoG said:
"I'm cool with a Mewtwo return, but Ark, poo on your idea. No thank you."
Hrm, you somehow look different today BoG. also, congrats on your 2000th post.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Tireyo

I would hate to see Jigglypuff again.  I think that Jigglypuff will continue to be on there though whether we like it or not.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
BoG said:
WHY!?!?!?!

Everyone I know is like, "Who the fuck is Pokemon Trainer? Just call him Ash."
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
Arkthemaniac said:
"BoG said:
WHY!?!?!?!

Everyone I know is like, "Who the fuck is Pokemon Trainer? Just call him Ash."
"
Yeah, but Ash has never actually been in one of the main video games, not even pokemon yellow. (He was in Pokemon Puzzle League, and, what else???)
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arkthemaniac

But he was in the show, and the default name for your guy in Pokemon Red is Ash!

Also . . . LOOK AT HIM!!!! IT'S ASH!
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
Arkthemaniac said:
"But he was in the show, and the default name for your guy in Pokemon Red is Ash!

Also . . . LOOK AT HIM!!!! IT'S ASH!
"
Actually the default name in pokemon red was "Red", not Ash. Go ahead and pop that game back in really quick. I'll wait. It wont erase your data as long as you dont save. they do look similar though.
gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By gam3r3OOO

There are many pokemon. So there are options we haven't considered yet. Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee would be interesting (although maybe a little boring since their moves would be mostly punches and kicks).

Complete List of pokemon.
Requirements should be: pokemon is humanoid, relatively fast, and has interesting moves (unique moves).

Types used so far: electric, fire, water, grass, psychic, fighting, flying, poison, steel
Types not used yet in Smash Bros: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Rock, Ground, Ice, Ghost

Heres a list of pokemon that I think would work well in the next game:
Kadabra (psychic like mewtwo but more down to earth and less floaty)
Machoke (fighting dude)
Haunter (would be fun to fight using a ghost in a fighting game)
Marowak (complete with bone boomarang action)
Mr. Mime (its a mime)
Espeon
Scizor
*Smeargle: can copy any move used against it (like kirby can copy abilities)
Tyrogue
Shiftry
Kirlia
Skitty
Sableye
Mawile
Meditite
Medicham (fighting psychic)
Spinda
Zangoose
Milotic
Absol
Deoxys (really cool legendary pokemon, has different forms)
Monferno
Prinplup
Cranidos
Ambipom
Weavile

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
gam3r3OOO said:
"There are many pokemon. So there are options we haven't considered yet. Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee would be interesting (although maybe a little boring since their moves would be mostly punches and kicks).

Complete List of pokemon.Requirements should be: pokemon is humanoid, relatively fast, and has interesting moves (unique moves).Types used so far: electric, fire, water, grass, psychic, fighting, flying, poison, steelTypes not used yet in Smash Bros: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Rock, Ground, Ice, GhostHeres a list of pokemon that I think would work well in the next game:Kadabra (psychic like mewtwo but more down to earth and less floaty)Machoke (fighting dude)Haunter (would be fun to fight using a ghost in a fighting game)Marowak (complete with bone boomarang action)Mr. Mime (its a mime)Espeon Scizor*Smeargle: can copy any move used against it (like kirby can copy abilities)TyrogueShiftryKirliaSkittySableyeMawileMedititeMedicham (fighting psychic)SpindaZangooseMiloticAbsolDeoxys (really cool legendary pokemon, has different forms)MonfernoPrinplupCranidosAmbipomWeavile"
Trust me, I would love to see all 450 pokemon in the game. But that isn't reasonable, and it breaks one of the limits I put on myself to only have 4 character slots per game. Im sure you can appreciate the cheat i did in making each of the trainer variations have different pokemon.
smashbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By smashbro
@gam3r3OOO said:

"There are many pokemon. So there are options we haven't considered yet. Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee would be interesting (although maybe a little boring since their moves would be mostly punches and kicks).

Complete List of pokemon.Requirements should be: pokemon is humanoid, relatively fast, and has interesting moves (unique moves).Types used so far: electric, fire, water, grass, psychic, fighting, flying, poison, steelTypes not used yet in Smash Bros: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Rock, Ground, Ice, GhostHeres a list of pokemon that I think would work well in the next game:Kadabra (psychic like mewtwo but more down to earth and less floaty)Machoke (fighting dude)Haunter (would be fun to fight using a ghost in a fighting game)Marowak (complete with bone boomarang action)Mr. Mime (its a mime)Espeon Scizor*Smeargle: can copy any move used against it (like kirby can copy abilities)TyrogueShiftryKirliaSkittySableyeMawileMedititeMedicham (fighting psychic)SpindaZangooseMiloticAbsolDeoxys (really cool legendary pokemon, has different forms)MonfernoPrinplupCranidosAmbipomWeavile"

i think marowak would be really cool also i was thinking sandslash might be a cool charcter to use moves a little like pickachu and squirtle has hit attacks like meta knights sword but his claws. What do you guys think?  I dont know why it has to be a legendary or starter pokemon all the time?
darkriku999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By darkriku999

@Tireyo643 said:

"I would hate to see Jigglypuff again.  I think that Jigglypuff will continue to be on there though whether we like it or not. "

Ya know, jigglypuff appeard in melee and brawl so far in the series (I don't know about N64 cause i don't have a Nintendo 64), so i guess there's a 70% chance of it being in the next game. who agrees with me?

spymoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spymoft

I hate to bump an old post but I'm doing it.

Pokemon Trainer would have different color schemes along with different pokemon:

1. Red/Blue - Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
  2. Yellow - Pikachu/Jigglypuff (switchable only via select screen)
  3. Ethan/Kris/Lyra - Chikorita, Quilava, Feraligatr (Chikorita is already a pokeball pokemon, why not make her playable? Feraligatr could play similar to Wolf/Bowser, Quilava would need some innovative moves; flamewheel?)
  4. Brendan/May - Mudkip, Grovyle, Blaziken (I liek mudkipz, Grovyle is agile and can fight with leaf blades, Blaziken is fighting type)
  5. Lucas/Dawn - Piplup, Grotle, Infernape (Piplup, take it out of pokeball and make it playable, Grotle can play like Ivysaur, Infernape is a fighting type)
  6. Hilbert/Hilda - Oshawott, Pignite, Serperior (just to mix it up a bit and include a grass as the third evolution, Serperior would most likely slither around for movement, Pignite is a fighting type so it has things covered, and Oshawott can use the blade on its stomach as well as moves similar to Squirtle)

Mewtwo, Lukario, and Zoroark would be seperate pokemon, similar attacks but their specials would be somewhat different. Mewtwo would have up-b as teleport, lukario would have extreme speed, Zoroark would have U-Turn/Agility/etc.

Not only does this keep this as 4 character limit per franchise since the pokemon trainers would be under one panel, but it includes pokemon from every generation. Its a lot of characters and possibly unlikely to happen in the short coming but I do see this as a possibility in the future. Maybe Nintendo might just add Ethan/Kris/Lyra to the roster this time around along with Red/Blue - or who knows DLC of new characters every once in a while?

This is just my thought on the pokemon roster lol

tubby1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tubby1010

I think they should use four different trainers and two legendary pokemon.

First scratch Pokemon Trainer because everybody knows that he's Ash but since he didn't appear in the video games I'll name him Red.

So Red will have a new lineup that will include new Pokemon that previously where single for space reasoning, perhaps a different way to change characters so that they can still use their down Bs. I also think that they should stick to the Heavy, Medium, Light ratio with each trainer.

Red: Charizard, Grovyle, Pikachu

May or Dawn or whatever girl trainer they choose for diversity: Blaziken or Infernape (I personally like Infernape better but Blaziken could be a Heavy) , Ivysaur, Jigglypuff

Rocket Grunt: Feraligatr or Arcanine (I know that no Team Rocket grunt has ever had a Feraligatr but he looks kinda evil and he'll be a heavy character, and I don't know how Arcanine would be playable but he's pretty popular and a lot of grunts have Growlithe), Gengar or Lucario (Probably Gengar because I think they should scratch Lucario because he is a little too much like Mewtwo), Meowth (I am surprised he has not been in this game before)

Blue (as the last Eilte Four member): Dragonite or Golem (both would be Heavy, Dragonite I think is just more popular even though blue does not have one), Scizor, Squirtle

And for the Legendaries they should use I think two of the five: Mewtwo (Fan favorite), Scuicune (He's my favorite and I think he would be cool to see but really any of the three Legendary dogs would be fine with me) , Deoxys (It would be really cool to see how they incorperate his different forms) ,Darkrai, or Zoroark

tubby1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tubby1010

I forgot to mention that Plusle & Minun or Hitmonlee & Hitmonchan team ups would be really cool and if any of my characters where taken off for them I wouldn't be mad.