Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 1: Representative Franchises

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. I was not satisfied with the 3rd-party representation in Brawl, so that will be a major point that i will address in my list. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every once in a while(I'm not sure what the time frame will be, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

With all of that said, here are the franchises i deemed worthy to have representatives. I'm going to try and make sure that no one franchise has more than one character, so in some cases characters will only be included as "costume changes" of other characters.

Nintendo Properties:

Non-Nintendo Properties:

When I begin to create the pages for each franchise, i will likely have a maximum of 4 characters per series, to fit with how Nintendo has done it and allow for 4-player franchise brawls. However, some characters will have different movesets for different "costumes", much like Zero Suit Samus and Shiek from Brawl. I will present all hopeful forms when i get to the character in question.
I don't expect this post to get much traffic since it has few specifics, and thus isn't very interesting. However, your input would be appreciated in order to create a full and balanced list.

Edit: I'll also add "creatures" to the pages, such as the rabbids of Rayman. I see them as something like the Assist Trophies, except they can be both an ally and a hinderence, throwable and painful when hit by. 
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. I was not satisfied with the 3rd-party representation in Brawl, so that will be a major point that i will address in my list. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every once in a while(I'm not sure what the time frame will be, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

With all of that said, here are the franchises i deemed worthy to have representatives. I'm going to try and make sure that no one franchise has more than one character, so in some cases characters will only be included as "costume changes" of other characters.

Nintendo Properties:

Non-Nintendo Properties:

When I begin to create the pages for each franchise, i will likely have a maximum of 4 characters per series, to fit with how Nintendo has done it and allow for 4-player franchise brawls. However, some characters will have different movesets for different "costumes", much like Zero Suit Samus and Shiek from Brawl. I will present all hopeful forms when i get to the character in question.
I don't expect this post to get much traffic since it has few specifics, and thus isn't very interesting. However, your input would be appreciated in order to create a full and balanced list.

Edit: I'll also add "creatures" to the pages, such as the rabbids of Rayman. I see them as something like the Assist Trophies, except they can be both an ally and a hinderence, throwable and painful when hit by. 
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dsplayer1010

I'm guessing this is an "I can dream, can't I?" type list, considering you put stuff like Halo and Banjo in it.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Of course, though i'd say both have about a 15% chance of happening, so its not out of the realm of possibility. It'd just probably force the game to go multi console, or at the very least mean a big settlement.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ

Oh, i definately need to add Travis! But I'm not quite sold on Jack yet. 

And for teh lulz i would also add
Batman
Iron Man
Colbert
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Hahaha, Colbert's final smash would be pure truthiness.

I put Jack on there despite the fact that he'll never be in it just because he would be such an awesome character that it's unbelievable.
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By PowerSerj
Arkthemaniac said:
"
Missingno. FINAL SMASH: Save file corruption.
"
Oh man, Missingno. would make for an awesome assist trophy. Imagine the entire screen pixelating with artifacts and the sound becoming all janky. Mmmm.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Systech

O'Chunks from Super Paper Mario needs to be a playable character.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ

Sorry, but I can't say I liked paper mario all that much, and i've already got 4 mario characters anyway.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThomasP

I'm rooting for Little Mac (Punch Out) and Mega Man to become playable characters in the next Smash Bros game.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thordain

I maintain that Paper Mario should be playable. That and someone from Team Fortress 2.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ

hrmm, I'll definately consider a Team Fortress 2 character, however, keep in mind that 4 will probably still have assist trohpies, which would allow for characters like O'Chucks and Geno.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ
ThomasP said:
"I'm rooting for Little Mac (Punch Out) and Mega Man to become playable characters in the next Smash Bros game."
I have a feeling that both have better than a 50% chance for the next game.
Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hausdog

I remember reading Nintendo Power orgasmically spazzing out over how good Shantae was. Hair-based attacks? Sounds good to me.

But Halo? Really? Tekken had Tekken Advance and is therefore within the realm of possibility (no matter how unlikely it is) but Halo has had zero games on Nintendo consoles.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ
Hausdog said:
"I remember reading Nintendo Power orgasmically spazzing out over how good Shantae was. Hair-based attacks? Sounds good to me.But Halo? Really? Tekken had Tekken Advance and is therefore within the realm of possibility (no matter how unlikely it is) but Halo has had zero games on Nintendo consoles."
Well there was that rumored Halo DS game a year or two back. Besides, this is more of a hypothetical awesome roster than a realistic awesome roster. I doubt that SSB4 will have more than 5 or 6 third party characters.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Snail

You give a new meaning to list whore.
Don't ever change.

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hausdog

How can you mention Tecmo in fighting games without mentioning Monster Rancher? That series had SO many characters that would work fantastically. Pixie, Golem, Mocchi, Suezo...

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentJ
Hausdog said:
"How can you mention Tecmo in fighting games without mentioning Monster Rancher? That series had SO many characters that would work fantastically. Pixie, Golem, Mocchi, Suezo..."
Theres at least two reasons. The first reason is that Monster Rancher is far from being a well-known brand, but that didn't stop a number of the games on my list. The biggest thing is probably how similar it is to Pokemon. That and i didn't really pay much attention to Monster Rancher in the first place, making it hard to get on any list of mine.
Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hausdog

Oh, I trust you. It's just fun to get on other people's blogs and be difficult ;-) We can't all avoid MASSIVE GAPING HOLES IN OUR GAMING EXPERIENCES (says the person who hasn't played a single Resident Evil or Metal Gear game)

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgentJ

Funny guy. I'd say most people have games or series that they really should play but haven't. There are even some franchises on my list that i haven't played, or worse, don't even like, but I'm trying to keep things fair and balanced, at least as fair and balanced as a game published by Nintendo can be.

Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Carlos1408

Dude I can't believe Shy Guys still haven't been inlcuded in any of the lists... I am so dissapointed :(
DUDE SHY GUYS!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AgentJ
Carlos1408 said:
"Dude I can't believe Shy Guys still haven't been inlcuded in any of the lists... I am so dissapointed :(DUDE SHY GUYS!"
Would adding them as items work for you?
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Xeiphyer

Megaman would be a pretty sweet addition, also the dude from The world ends with you would be pretty cool.

smashbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By smashbro
@Xeiphyer said:
"Megaman would be a pretty sweet addition, also the dude from The world ends with you would be pretty cool. "

megaman would be a sweet addition, i think another non-nintendo fighter that would be cool would be donatello from the ninja turtles. Oh im also rooting for bomberman.
Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dan_CiTi
Chopstix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chopstix

My picks would be Megaman, and Django from the Boktai series.  Boktai is easily my favorite series ever so I will die a little inside if its not represented a little in the next Smash Bros. Also, it's a Konami property, and seeing as they already got Snake, I don't see why not.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By demontium

Truth: great idea if Nintendo looked at it, but things like halo would be retarded.

tubby1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tubby1010

I think if only four of these characters can be in this game that it should be Megaman (not Megaman X, the old Megaman), Banjo and Kazooie, Pac-Man, and Bomberman, but with Sonic and Snake returning.

Avatar image for superwarioworld
SuperWarioWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SuperWarioWorld

Banjo and Kazooie characters would be awesome! Nice job!

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By skyline7284

Where the hell is Professor Layton? This is a critical error.