Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 12: Advance Wars

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Colbert as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Part 11: Fire Emblem

Part 12: Advance Wars

Andy
Andy
Synopsis: Andy was the savior of he Orange Star army after the world was beset by war. As a young CO, Andy was able to take over the armies of the country of Orange Star and uncover a plot created by the manipulative Sturm, whom he subsequently defeated.

Notable Appearances: Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars Dual Strike

SSB4 likelyhood: 2/10

Differences: Andy would be able to heal himself or team-mates. Jake would up his firepower temporarily. Will would temporarily move faster.

Will
Will
Jake
Jake

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

For the uninitiated this is how it works. Every weekday I'll be doing a blog on the characters that deserve a roster spot in Nintendos next character smackdown. The franchises from which I'll be taking characters can be found under the "Part 1" link. If I get good feedback, I may add or change representative characters. Characters can also be added as Assist Trophies. 

The Rules:

• No more than 4 characters per franchise (trust me, it's a hard rule to follow through with)
  • Characters have to be primarily video game characters.  (I want to add Colbert as much as you do)
  • Characters from Nintendo will go first, followed by characters from other companies
  • Characters must be major (I'm not adding Toad, or Sandshrew, or Lanky Kong. Whether a character is important enough is up to my own discression)

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Part 4: Metroid

Part 5: Starfox

Part 6: F-Zero

Part 7: Pokemon

Part 8: Kirby

Part 9: Donkey Kong

Part 10: Mother

Part 11: Fire Emblem

Part 12: Advance Wars

Andy
Andy
Synopsis: Andy was the savior of he Orange Star army after the world was beset by war. As a young CO, Andy was able to take over the armies of the country of Orange Star and uncover a plot created by the manipulative Sturm, whom he subsequently defeated.

Notable Appearances: Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising, Advance Wars Dual Strike

SSB4 likelyhood: 2/10

Differences: Andy would be able to heal himself or team-mates. Jake would up his firepower temporarily. Will would temporarily move faster.

Will
Will
Jake
Jake

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

Never played Advance Wars.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

Interesting suggestion. It really depends on what direction Nintendo wants to take with the series. If it's going for the more gritty feel, I doubt Andy will be in, despite that he is the most iconic of all characters in the series.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rinkalicous

Advance wars is awesomeness, though you need the strategical mind of Napolean for many of the later stages. I beat the first game with a combination of blind luck and cheap AI exploits, but the rest of the games were far too hard.

As for Andy appearing as a playable character, I'd say the chances are unbelievably low, though who knows, stranger things have happenend.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
Rinkalicous said:
"Advance wars is awesomeness, though you need the strategical mind of Napolean for many of the later stages. I beat the first game with a combination of blind luck and cheap AI exploits, but the rest of the games were far too hard.

As for Andy appearing as a playable character, I'd say the chances are unbelievably low, though who knows, stranger things have happenend.
"
The chances are indeed low as I indicated in the original post, but Advance Wars has surged forward as a series comparable in popularity to Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing, so it at least deserves a character. Whether or not it gets one is up to Nintendo.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rinkalicous

The way I see it, it's not just the fact that Advance Wars is a relatively small series, it's the fact Andy would not work as a character without some pretty radical changes to his style. I mean, what would he do? Hit people with his wrench? For all 4 of his B-Moves? I guess they could work in some sort of 'commanding tanks' mechanic which might be alright, but it still seems like a bit of a mis-match having Andy as a character. Though saying that, they added Snake.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ
Rinkalicous said:
"The way I see it, it's not just the fact that Advance Wars is a relatively small series, it's the fact Andy would not work as a character without some pretty radical changes to his style. I mean, what would he do? Hit people with his wrench? For all 4 of his B-Moves? I guess they could work in some sort of 'commanding tanks' mechanic which might be alright, but it still seems like a bit of a mis-match having Andy as a character. Though saying that, they added Snake."
I dont think it'd be too hard to make him into a character after pulling Captain Falcon and Fox out of their cockpits.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rinkalicous

For captain falcon, didn't they have his Anime character to base him on? And couldn't you get out the cockpit in multiplayer for Lylat Wars/starfox 64, or am I just imagining that?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AgentJ
Rinkalicous said:
"For captain falcon, didn't they have his Anime character to base him on? And couldn't you get out the cockpit in multiplayer for Lylat Wars/starfox 64, or am I just imagining that?"
Nooooooo, the anime came long after the N64 Smash, and Starfox didnt get out of his cockpit(arwing/landmaster) until Starfox Adventures, and again in Assault.
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rinkalicous
AgentJ said:
"Rinkalicous said:
"For captain falcon, didn't they have his Anime character to base him on? And couldn't you get out the cockpit in multiplayer for Lylat Wars/starfox 64, or am I just imagining that?"
Nooooooo, the anime came long after the N64 Smash, and Starfox didnt get out of his cockpit(arwing/landmaster) until Starfox Adventures, and again in Assault.
"
Wow, so Falcon Punch was invented for smash 64? In that case, let the addition of non-fitting characters begin, if only in the hope we get something as epic as Falcon Punch!

'Hyper Repair!' 

Hmm... it doesn't sound as epic.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
Rinkalicous said:
"AgentJ said:
"Rinkalicous said:
"
Wow, so Falcon Punch was invented for smash 64? In that case, let the addition of non-fitting characters begin, if only in the hope we get something as epic as Falcon Punch!

'Hyper Repair!' 

Hmm... it doesn't sound as epic.
"
There will never be anything as epic as Falcon Punch...
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rinkalicous
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AgentJ

Yeah, its not valid unless it works without a falcon punch

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By gam3r3OOO

I want to see more Golden Sun characters in Smash Bros. Maybe with more exposure of those characters people would want to see more Golden Sun games (same goes for Sin and Punishment).

Issac, Felix, Garet, Ivan, Mia, Saturos would be good characters from Golden Sun. I wonder what the chances are of them being in the next Smash Bros game.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentJ
gam3r3OOO said:
"I want to see more Golden Sun characters in Smash Bros. Maybe with more exposure of those characters people would want to see more Golden Sun games (same goes for Sin and Punishment).Issac, Felix, Garet, Ivan, Mia, Saturos would be good characters from Golden Sun. I wonder what the chances are of them being in the next Smash Bros game."
Dont worry, Golden Sun will get some love. It won't be 4 characters, since I have to be reasonable, but you can expect a few. Im not sure how many there'll be, though I know which ones are up for consideration in my mind.