Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every day, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Link
Link
Synopsis: Link is one of the most popular characters in videogames, especially among those who list Videogames as a hobby. He's been saving the princess for over 30 years. He is most well known for getting in Ganondorfs way and for his seemingly endless supply of marginally useful equipment. Most of the time the Link in one game is a completely different Link from any prior game.

Notable Appearances: The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

SSB4 Likelyhood: 10/10

Differences: Link and Dark Link would essentially be pallet swaps; the same would be true for Young Link/ Toon Link

Young Link
Young Link
Toon Link
Toon Link
Dark Link
Dark Link

Zelda
Zelda

Synopsis: While originally Zeldas job was to sit in her castle and wait to be rescued, her role in Links adventures has expanded over the years (she still has to be rescued a lot.) Her relationship with Link is one that has been talked about with great interest, but to date, the two have never progressed beyond friendship.

Notable Appearances: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Differences: Zelda Tetra and Shiek would all be distinct characters sharing the same slot on the character selection screen

Shiek
Shiek
Tetra
Tetra

Ganondorf
Ganondorf

Synopsis: Ganondorf is the one character that reappears throughout the series. While Link and Zelda have been "reincarnated" several times thoughout the timeline of the game, Ganondorf has always been himself, and he has always been hungry for power. He has had influence over a number of characters over the year, including the villians Agahnim and Zant.

Notable Appearances: The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Vaati
Vaati

Synopsis: While he is not as well known as Ganondorf, there is little question that he is just as dangerous. He was the first foe that the hero Link defeated, in the Minish Cap. Whether he is truely evil or not remains to be seen.

Notable Appearances: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

SSB4 Likelyhood: 4/10

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

Most of you know by now that I am the ultimate list whore. As such, I feel that I almost have a duty to create a character roster for the next Super Smash Bros, despite the fact that it may be 6 years down the road. Why am i adding this as a forum post as well as a blog? Because if there is a franchise or character that should obviously be added, I want to make sure that I dont miss them, so all of you need to let me know if some character is being forgotten. Every day, I will add a blog post including the characters from an entire franchise, complete with pictures, and perhaps a synopsis. Please respect that this is my list, and If there is a character I deem not worthy, then i will simply not add them. 

Part 1: Representative Franchises

Part 2: Mario Brothers

Part 3: The Legend of Zelda

Link
Link
Synopsis: Link is one of the most popular characters in videogames, especially among those who list Videogames as a hobby. He's been saving the princess for over 30 years. He is most well known for getting in Ganondorfs way and for his seemingly endless supply of marginally useful equipment. Most of the time the Link in one game is a completely different Link from any prior game.

Notable Appearances: The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Differences: Link and Dark Link would essentially be pallet swaps; the same would be true for Young Link/ Toon Link

Young Link
Young Link
Toon Link
Toon Link
Dark Link
Dark Link

Zelda
Zelda

Synopsis: While originally Zeldas job was to sit in her castle and wait to be rescued, her role in Links adventures has expanded over the years (she still has to be rescued a lot.) Her relationship with Link is one that has been talked about with great interest, but to date, the two have never progressed beyond friendship.

Notable Appearances: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Differences: Zelda Tetra and Shiek would all be distinct characters sharing the same slot on the character selection screen

Shiek
Shiek
Tetra
Tetra

Ganondorf
Ganondorf

Synopsis: Ganondorf is the one character that reappears throughout the series. While Link and Zelda have been "reincarnated" several times thoughout the timeline of the game, Ganondorf has always been himself, and he has always been hungry for power. He has had influence over a number of characters over the year, including the villians Agahnim and Zant.

Notable Appearances: The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Vaati
Vaati

Synopsis: While he is not as well known as Ganondorf, there is little question that he is just as dangerous. He was the first foe that the hero Link defeated, in the Minish Cap. Whether he is truely evil or not remains to be seen.

Notable Appearances: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

SSB4 Likelyhood: 4/10

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AgentJ

Do I have to ask "What do you think"?

Dewmocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dewmocracy

No Caption Provided

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

gam3r3OOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By gam3r3OOO

What about Midna from Twilight Princess? Or Tingle?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
gam3r3OOO said:
"What about Midna from Twilight Princess? Or Tingle?"
I would consider them as assist trophies, especially midna, but I already have 4 Zelda characters, so adding any more is out of the question.