AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-29 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Tomb Raider
Lara
Lara
Synopsis: Lara is undeniably the sex symbol of video games, and while her stock has fallen in recent years, the name still means a lot to gamers everywhere. There are a number of different canon stories that detail her backstory, one dictating that she was thrust into adventuring by a Himilayan crash, another that she apprenticed as an archeologist at a young age.
Notable Appearances: Tomb Raider, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
SSB4 Likelyhood: 3/10
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-29 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Tomb Raider
Lara
Lara
Synopsis: Lara is undeniably the sex symbol of video games, and while her stock has fallen in recent years, the name still means a lot to gamers everywhere. There are a number of different canon stories that detail her backstory, one dictating that she was thrust into adventuring by a Himilayan crash, another that she apprenticed as an archeologist at a young age.
Notable Appearances: Tomb Raider, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
SSB4 Likelyhood: 3/10
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

She's a hottie.  She needs to be in Brawl. Lol. :D

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

I disagree. I will not have Lara tainting my Smash Bros.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

No.

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By bartholomew999

Lara doesn't really belong in a Brawl imo.  I see Aerith as being more appropriate if we're going for enigmatic hotties.  Yes Lara is clearly more of an action figure(pun intended); however, Aerith just feels right from a Brawl-Cultural standpoint.  And yes I'm aware that I just attributed  cultural boundaries to Brawl.  ;P 

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
bartholomew999 said:
"Lara doesn't really belong in a Brawl imo.  I see Aerith as being more appropriate if we're going for enigmatic hotties.  Yes Lara is clearly more of an action figure(pun intended); however, Aerith just feels right from a Brawl-Cultural standpoint.  And yes I'm aware that I just attributed  cultural boundaries to Brawl.  ;P "
Are you talking FFVII? I havent even gotten to Final Fantasy yet. Doesnt Tomb Raiders history give it a chance by itself?
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew
AgentJ said:
"Doesnt Tomb Raiders history give it a chance by itself?"
No. :P
Tomb Raider's history is filled with so much crap that no one cares about. Eidos has done a great job of running the series into the ground.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64
BoG said:
"I disagree. I will not have Lara tainting my Smash Bros."
Agreed.  That would be just fucking stupid if she was.  Waddle Doo from Kirby has a better chance then her.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero
BoG said:
"I disagree. I will not have Lara tainting my Smash Bros."
Also agreed. Nothing against Lara. She's a classy babe and everything, however I just don't think she fits in here. Personally, I'd give the likelihood of this happening a 0/10.