AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-34 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Final Fantasy
Terra
Terra
Synopsis: Of all of the progagonists of Final Fantasy VI, Terra is arguably the most prominent. Her Half-Human, Half-ESPer blood has left her confused, but after being saved from slavery knows that she must fight against the empire. 
Notable Appearances: Final Fantasy VI
SSB4 Likelyhood:
4/10

Kefka
Kefka
Synopsis: Kefka is a lunatic, drunk with power and intensely cruel and evil. He suffered from insanity after achieving magic powers, which leaves him with absolutely no regard for human life. 
SSB4 Likelyhood:
2/10

Cecil
Cecil
Synopsis: Cecil is a former Dark Knight who rebelled against his kingdom and fought against Golbez in order to prevent him from obtaining the worlds crystals.
Notable Appearances: Final Fantasy IV
SSB4 Likelyhood:
3/10
Alternate Costumes:
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil

Cloud
Cloud
Synopsis: Cloud is a former member of SOLDIER and current activist with AVALANCHE, Cloud is likely the most famous character in RPGs. He is tortured by the relationships he has lost, including his teammates Zach and Sephiroth and close friend Aerith.
Notable Appearances: Final Fantasy VII
SSB4 Likelyhood:
3/10

Creature:
Chocobo
Chocobo

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
For parts 1-34 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Final Fantasy
Terra
Terra
Synopsis: Of all of the progagonists of Final Fantasy VI, Terra is arguably the most prominent. Her Half-Human, Half-ESPer blood has left her confused, but after being saved from slavery knows that she must fight against the empire. 
SSB4 Likelyhood:
4/10

Kefka
Kefka
Synopsis: Kefka is a lunatic, drunk with power and intensely cruel and evil. He suffered from insanity after achieving magic powers, which leaves him with absolutely no regard for human life. 
SSB4 Likelyhood:
2/10

Cecil
Cecil
Synopsis: Cecil is a former Dark Knight who rebelled against his kingdom and fought against Golbez in order to prevent him from obtaining the worlds crystals.
Notable Appearances: Final Fantasy IV
SSB4 Likelyhood:
3/10
Alternate Costumes:
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil

Cloud
Cloud
Synopsis: Cloud is a former member of SOLDIER and current activist with AVALANCHE, Cloud is likely the most famous character in RPGs. He is tortured by the relationships he has lost, including his teammates Zach and Sephiroth and close friend Aerith.
Notable Appearances: Final Fantasy VII
SSB4 Likelyhood:
3/10

Creature:
Chocobo
Chocobo

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Oh no. The controversy begins. I thought Dissidia was made for this specific reason.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

You made Cecil just as likely to appear as Cloud. That's actually quite humorous.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AgentJ
BoG said:
"You made Cecil just as likely to appear as Cloud. That's actually quite humorous."
If you think about it, thats just about right. Cecil is relatively unknown compared to Cloud, but among Nintendo's FF stars, he's nearly at the top. On the other hand, Cloud is immensly popular, and would be almost a sure thing if, say a FF VII remake came out for a nintendo console 7 years down the road, but as is doesn't have much of a link to the Nintendo consoles the series started on.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
Video_Game_King said:
"Oh no. The controversy begins. I thought Dissidia was made for this specific reason."
It sounds like Dissidia is fun and all, but wouldnt you love to see Cecil fight Chr... Link?? (almost let one slip
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King
AgentJ said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"Oh no. The controversy begins. I thought Dissidia was made for this specific reason."
It sounds like Dissidia is fun and all, but wouldnt you love to see Cecil fight Chr... Link?? (almost let one slip
)"
I can get that by taping green Seran wrap to a PSP whenever Cloud is on screen :P.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoG
AgentJ said:
"BoG said:
"You made Cecil just as likely to appear as Cloud. That's actually quite humorous."
If you think about it, thats just about right. Cecil is relatively unknown compared to Cloud, but among Nintendo's FF stars, he's nearly at the top. On the other hand, Cloud is immensly popular, and would be almost a sure thing if, say a FF VII remake came out for a nintendo console 7 years down the road, but as is doesn't have much of a link to the Nintendo consoles the series started on.
"
I think you're really pushing things basing the chances on the possibility (or complete lack thereof) of an FFVII port.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
BoG said:
"AgentJ said:
"BoG said:
"
I think you're really pushing things basing the chances on the possibility (or complete lack thereof) of an FFVII port.
"
The point is that Cloud is essentially the poster boy for the FF franchise, and as such there is really no one better suited to represent the FF universe. 
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By danielkempster

Nice picks, AgentJ. The only thing that surprised me is that you didn't mention anything about two forms/an alternate costume for Cecil. I'd have thought the Dark Knight/Paladin thing was an ideal candidate for an obvious costume change.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
dankempster said:
"Nice picks, AgentJ. The only thing that surprised me is that you didn't mention anything about two forms/an alternate costume for Cecil. I'd have thought the Dark Knight/Paladin thing was an ideal candidate for an obvious costume change."
Jesus Christ, you're right. Give me a minute
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By PureRok
AgentJ said:
"dankempster said:
"Nice picks, AgentJ. The only thing that surprised me is that you didn't mention anything about two forms/an alternate costume for Cecil. I'd have thought the Dark Knight/Paladin thing was an ideal candidate for an obvious costume change."
"
Or Terra's transformation between human and esper mode.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
PureRok said:
"AgentJ said:
"dankempster said:
"
Or Terra's transformation between human and esper mode."
I feel more like that would be part of her moveset, but If another person thinks that'd be a good idea I'll have no choice but to add it (if i can get a decent render of her in esper mode)
dr_zox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By dr_zox

here is a question  Seperoth or Kefka?

I thought that Kefka was kind of a second rate bad guy

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ
dr_zox said:
"here is a question  Seperoth or Kefka?I thought that Kefka was kind of a second rate bad guy"
There was a vote, and Kefka won. Besides, Kefka has the greatest laugh
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Nintendo would be very wise to try to work something out with Square to put Cloud into the game. For the last decade people have been all into the whole Cloud vs Link concept, so why not make it happen? It would please everyone. Heck, I don't even like Final Fantasy at all, but I'd still like to see this happen. For the more hardcore gamers, it would be even more epic than Mario vs Sonic. I do think Cloud is all that would be needed from the entire series. A few other cameos as assist trophies wouldn't hurt, but I think Cloud's the only one that should actually be a fighter.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgentJ
TheGreatGuero said:
"Nintendo would be very wise to try to work something out with Square to put Cloud into the game. For the last decade people have been all into the whole Cloud vs Link concept, so why not make it happen? It would please everyone. Heck, I don't even like Final Fantasy at all, but I'd still like to see this happen. For the more hardcore gamers, it would be even more epic than Mario vs Sonic. I do think Cloud is all that would be needed from the entire series. A few other cameos as assist trophies wouldn't hurt, but I think Cloud's the only one that should actually be a fighter."
Indeed, cloud should happen, but if he doesnt work out, Terra and Kefka representing the best game in the series would still be fantastic