Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
By far the most requested franchise in this whole blog set
For parts 1-38 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Street Fighter
Ryu
Ryu
Synopsis: Ryu is the poster boy of one of the most popular games in the genre, and Ken is his eternal rival. Both trained under their master Gouken, who was thought to have been killed. Both our able to perform their signature moves, the Hadoken and Shoryuken attacks
Notable Appearances: Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter IV
SSB4 Likelyhood: 3/10
Alternate Costumes: Ken would compare to Ryu in SSBB the same way he does in SF; Quicker and more powerful, but weaker on defense
Ken
Ken

Chun Li
Chun Li
Synopsis: Female gaming characters don't get much more popular than the chinese beauty Chun-Li. Her fight is driven by taking vengence for her fathers death at the hands of M. Bison. She works for interpol in order to track down the evil Shadaloo organization, which Bison heads. 
Notable Appearances: Street fighter II, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (just kidding)
SSB4 Likelyhood: 1/10

Wishful Thinking:
Cammy
Cammy

Ibuki
Ibuki

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
By far the most requested franchise in this whole blog set
For parts 1-38 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Street Fighter
Ryu
Ryu
Synopsis: Ryu is the poster boy of one of the most popular games in the genre, and Ken is his eternal rival. Both trained under their master Gouken, who was thought to have been killed. Both our able to perform their signature moves, the Hadoken and Shoryuken attacks
Notable Appearances: Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter IV
SSB4 Likelyhood: 3/10
Alternate Costumes: Ken would compare to Ryu in SSBB the same way he does in SF; Quicker and more powerful, but weaker on defense
Ken
Ken

Chun Li
Chun Li
Synopsis: Female gaming characters don't get much more popular than the chinese beauty Chun-Li. Her fight is driven by taking vengence for her fathers death at the hands of M. Bison. She works for interpol in order to track down the evil Shadaloo organization, which Bison heads. 
Notable Appearances: Street fighter II, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (just kidding)
SSB4 Likelyhood: 1/10

Wishful Thinking:
Cammy
Cammy

Ibuki
Ibuki

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By End_Boss

So you included Ryu.

Good, good...
Good, good...

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

I love how you put a "Wishful Thinking" section in there. Tee-hee :P.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

If Capcom was gonna add one of their characters into SMBB, they would add MegaMan. But if they decided to add a Street Fighter character, then it'd be one character, Ryu.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentJ
Video_Game_King said:
"I love how you put a "Wishful Thinking" section in there. Tee-hee :P."
Yeah, those two characters won the vote I had a while ago, but I realized when doing the "likelyhood" part that their chances were less than one in ten. 
Kou_Leifoh said:
"If Capcom was gonna add one of their characters into SMBB, they would add MegaMan. But if they decided to add a Street Fighter character, then it'd be one character, Ryu."
Go ahead and check out the previous versions of this blog. Megaman has a big presence. The link is at the top of the OP. 
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ

So I have a question regarding Ryu's alternate costumes: Would anyone want Dan and Sagat as alternate costumes?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By End_Boss
@AgentJ: Although Dan is a possibility, Sagat makes little sense as an alternate costume. They are completely different physically and most of their attacks are very... Different. Too. I said that word twice in the same sentence. This bothers me.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
End_Boss said:
"@AgentJ: Although Dan is a possibility, Sagat makes little sense as an alternate costume. They are completely different physically and most of their attacks are very... Different. Too. I said that word twice in the same sentence. This bothers me."
Right, but he lost the vote and his moves arent THAT different from Ryu and Ken. He's got the tiger uppercut, which is essentially shoryuken, and his distance attacks are very similar as well. I'd compare him to Fox vs Wolf, and we all know Wolf should have been a costume change
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Heck, I'm down. Personally I'd prefer to see Dhalsim and Zangief get some love, but their raging sex appeal might be too much for Smash Bros... 

I think Ryu and Ken could be great. I also don't feel either of them would be too intrusive or out of place amongst the Nintendo fighters. I'm also liking the idea of having Chun Li in there. Additionally, I actually support the idea of Kristen Kreuk's Chun Li as an alternate costume, but uhh... I think she's a major babe and that's mainly why. Could Cammy possibly be an alt. costume of her? I know they don't have the same moves, so perhaps that would be an unforgivable move for them to do. Oh, by the way, if Chun Li was in SSB4, I think it's safe to say that she wouldn't be showing so much of that butt of hers. That picture you chose of her was actually pretty funny to me.