Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 41: Pac-Man

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
I was going to do Tekken today, but between screwing up majorly on a math test (after staying up all night studying) and Shantae giving me a game-breaking bug, I dont feel like spending much time on this. 
For parts 1-40 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Pac-Man
Pac Man
Pac Man
Synopsis: Pac-Man's star has fallen harshly since his glory days sucking up pellets and quarters in the arcades. Since then, his mark has been laid in mediocre platformers and so-so party games. However, nothing can diminish the impact he had on early gaming, possibly more important than Mario himself. 
Notable Appearances: Pac-Man
SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10
Mrs. Pac Man
Mrs. Pac Man

Creature:
Ghost
Ghost

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
I was going to do Tekken today, but between screwing up majorly on a math test (after staying up all night studying) and Shantae giving me a game-breaking bug, I dont feel like spending much time on this. 
For parts 1-40 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Pac-Man
Pac Man
Pac Man
Synopsis: Pac-Man's star has fallen harshly since his glory days sucking up pellets and quarters in the arcades. Since then, his mark has been laid in mediocre platformers and so-so party games. However, nothing can diminish the impact he had on early gaming, possibly more important than Mario himself. 
Notable Appearances: Pac-Man
SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10
Mrs. Pac Man
Mrs. Pac Man

Creature:
Ghost
Ghost

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ
LordAndrew said:
Pac-Man actually appeared in Mario Kart Arcade GP. Crazy, isn't it? :)
Yeah, thats where I got the Mrs. Pac-man picture
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Pac Man is . . . perfect for Smash Bos.

His Final Smash would obviously be eating a big pellet.
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Yeah, Pac-Man would be great.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Tireyo

Pac-man is a true classic, but should not be in Brawl.  I don't like his new look. :(

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
Tireyo643 said:
Pac-man is a true classic, but should not be in Brawl.  I don't like his new look. :(
What if he were a floating sprite? Just a floating sprite fighting the normal 3D guys. I can see that happening, and it looks awesome.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

His final smash could be being able to move really quickly  vertically and horizontaly and being able to eat dudes.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Tireyo
Sticky_Pennies said:
Tireyo643 said: Pac-man is a true classic, but should not be in Brawl.  I don't like his new look. :( ... [more]
I could probably see that happening. Not bad. :)
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By rinkalicous

His final smash should totally be everyone gets transported to an old school pacman stage, where the other players are ghosts and pacman is his old 2d self. Then, as part of the final smash, the pacman gets one of those pellets and has to chase round the other players in a 20 second minigame. If they get eaten, the take large amounts of damage and high knockback when normal play resumes.

You know it would rock.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
Staff said:
Has been deleted..
Well what if the next game had 2D versions of everyone? you know, fight as pixelated Mario
Morpher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Morpher

Pac-Man is a character that would be fun to play as. The only trouble would be making specialty moves because most of what he did was eat pellets and run away from ghosts. To be honest I payed original pac-man the most and haven't played much of the newer stuff to know about anything that could be a specialty move.

Morpher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Morpher
AgentJ said:
Staff said: Has been deleted.. Well what if the next game had 2D versions of everyone? you know, fight as ... [more]
Good Idea except that it should a special pac-man stage where you play as pixelated versions of the character you chose.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I think Pac-Man could be very fun addition to the roster. I give his placement in Smash Bros 4 my full support. His final smash is almost too easy. The stage transforms to resemble a Pac-Man level, and Pac-Man returns to his original 2D pixelated form while his opponents become ghosts. For the record, I think they should be 2D ghosts that actually somewhat resemble the characters they're morphing, kind of in the same way that Kirby's appearance is altered depending on what dudes he swallows. Then Pac-Man will proceed to chase and eat his opponents. Sounds like a good time to me.