ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Welcome!

The Staff are Excited for the Spotlight! Special Thanks to User TruthTellah for this Work of Art!
The Staff are Excited for the Spotlight! Special Thanks to User TruthTellah for this Work of Art!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! The coupons for GameSpot Total Access have been sent to all Giant Bomb subscription members. If you have any issues contact Dave. With Drew back things are getting back on track in terms of providing the site with video content. Johnathan Frakes has sent a letter to Jeff and the rest of the crew a letter of apology for Multimedia Celebrity Poker. Friend of the site, Steve Beynon, aka EpicSteve is asking the community to keep him updated on Giant Bomb's reviews while serving the military. If you can send any reviews and important news to beynon@live.com. New Flight Club T-Shirts are available to purchase at the Giant Bomb Emporium (it's really called that by the way). Brad was on the Tested podcast which you should listen to. Finally the Alexis and Dave design talk has finally been uploaded for subscribers to watch and listen to after the file got corrupted. Finally never underestimate a crazy old lady as seen in this video of the best moments of the Random PC Game for SWAT:

Community Activities & Game Groups

• Alex Navarro Photoshop this Image Challenge! Show off Your Photoshop Skills Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community SC2 US Tournament #13, April 29th! - Sign Up Over Here!
  • Democracy: A Giantbomb Community Collaborative Civilization IV Game - Participate in the Experiment Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Super Monday Night Steam Group - Play with Other Users Online on Steam Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Prototype 2 and The Walking Dead are the big releases of this week which you can learn about thanks to their nicely detailed wikis. The community shows its love for the indie horror game Lone Survivor on the wiki. Darkstalkers 3 is coming out for the PlayStation Network and the ZX Spectrum celebrated its 30th birthday! If you don't know why these are big deals check them out.

Best of Blogs/Fantastic Forums

Sackmanjones has begun an effort to play all of the Silent Hill games this week as jbn566 continues his effort to play all of the old school baseball video games. AlexW00d has finally played a game from the 1C Complete pack that he was excited about. pickassoreborn reminisces about the ZX Spectrum in light of the platform's 30th birthday. Mento talks about puzzle game design theory in light of Fez. MajorMitch continues his tradition of sharing awesome video game music. MooseyMcMan and AlisterCat talk about their marathon sessions in Xenoblade and Skyrim respectively. dantey discusses how he feels about DOTA 2 after playing League of Legends for over two years. CharlesAlanRatliff talks about his memories with Duck Hunt, while dankemspter talks about going back to Soul Reaver. nintendoeats showcases his video game set up and encourages that you share and discuss your own. Video_Game_King and Psycosis provide their weekly gaming updates. ahoodedfgure shares his first impressions of Legend of Grimrock as a fan of classic CRPG games. PerfidiousSinn discusses how he is using SKullgirls to get better at fighting games, and shoddyrobot shares some great fan art of our Ryan Davis.

Lovable Lists

Giant Bomb user Mento has begun his effort to create a comprehensive list of every sentient species in video games. Check out his progress and point out any examples that he has missed on the list.

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note:Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter@GiantBombSquad

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! The coupons for GameSpot Total Access have been sent to all Giant Bomb subscription members. If you have any issues contact Dave. With Drew back things are getting back on track in terms of providing the site with video content. Johnathan Frakes has sent a letter to Jeff and the rest of the crew a letter of apology for Multimedia Celebrity Poker. Friend of the site, Steve Beynon, aka EpicSteve is asking the community to keep him updated on Giant Bomb's reviews while serving the military. If you can send any reviews and important news to beynon@live.com. New Flight Club T-Shirts are available to purchase at the Giant Bomb Emporium (it's really called that by the way). Brad was on the Tested podcast which you should listen to. Finally the Alexis and Dave design talk has finally been uploaded for subscribers to watch and listen to after the file got corrupted. Finally never underestimate a crazy old lady as seen in this video of the best moments of the Random PC Game for SWAT:

Community Activities & Game Groups

• Alex Navarro Photoshop this Image Challenge! Show off Your Photoshop Skills Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community SC2 US Tournament #13, April 29th! - Sign Up Over Here!
  • Democracy: A Giantbomb Community Collaborative Civilization IV Game - Participate in the Experiment Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community Super Monday Night Steam Group - Play with Other Users Online on Steam Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Prototype 2 and The Walking Dead are the big releases of this week which you can learn about thanks to their nicely detailed wikis. The community shows its love for the indie horror game Lone Survivor on the wiki. Darkstalkers 3 is coming out for the PlayStation Network and the ZX Spectrum celebrated its 30th birthday! If you don't know why these are big deals check them out.

Best of Blogs/Fantastic Forums

Sackmanjones has begun an effort to play all of the Silent Hill games this week as jbn566 continues his effort to play all of the old school baseball video games. AlexW00d has finally played a game from the 1C Complete pack that he was excited about. pickassoreborn reminisces about the ZX Spectrum in light of the platform's 30th birthday. Mento talks about puzzle game design theory in light of Fez. MajorMitch continues his tradition of sharing awesome video game music. MooseyMcMan and AlisterCat talk about their marathon sessions in Xenoblade and Skyrim respectively. dantey discusses how he feels about DOTA 2 after playing League of Legends for over two years. CharlesAlanRatliff talks about his memories with Duck Hunt, while dankemspter talks about going back to Soul Reaver. nintendoeats showcases his video game set up and encourages that you share and discuss your own. Video_Game_King and Psycosis provide their weekly gaming updates. ahoodedfgure shares his first impressions of Legend of Grimrock as a fan of classic CRPG games. PerfidiousSinn discusses how he is using SKullgirls to get better at fighting games, and shoddyrobot shares some great fan art of our Ryan Davis.

Lovable Lists

Giant Bomb user Mento has begun his effort to create a comprehensive list of every sentient species in video games. Check out his progress and point out any examples that he has missed on the list.

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note:Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter@GiantBombSquad

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone! Ooh, a blog about awesome video game music, that is so sweet!

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By MormonWarrior

I watched that quick look...and I don't understand why Frakes is apologizing. Maybe I need to watch it again...it's been a while.

Avatar image for brewmaster_andy
Brewmaster_Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Brewmaster_Andy

Thanks for the mention! Joey and I will be recording episode 2 this week!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By alistercat

@MormonWarrior said:

I watched that quick look...and I don't understand why Frakes is apologizing. Maybe I need to watch it again...it's been a while.

Showing his tongue, like in the photo. It is freaky. In the video they all scream and Jeff leaves.

Edit: He's also probably apologising for being in the game too.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MormonWarrior said:

Here's why.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By MormonWarrior

@AlisterCat: @Video_Game_King: Thanks duders. I forgot about that part. ;)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones

Thanks for the mention again! I appreciate it!

EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By EvilKatarn

Oh cool! Thank you for featuring my review of Trials!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TruthTellah

Haha. Thanks for the mention, but Vinny is the real one to thank here. I just got lucky with the screen capture. :)

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude
No Caption Provided
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By AlexW00d

Spam post on a mod's blog? Wow. Ignore this bit now.

Also thanks for the mentions :D

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By takashichea

I don't really have much wiki to offer due to school. I spruced up Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) and Piastol's (Skies of Arcadia: Legends) pages with new images to supplement the article. The Black Knight and Tellius page looks excellent as well.

Thank you.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By takashichea

More Fire Emblem Updates

• Elincia - Hailinel also spruced up her page!
  • Macedon - Chalphy did an excellent job on it especially with the images.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Making a new Spotlight, but I definitely could use some more input.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
@takashichea: Also with no real major releases this week I'll take a Fire Emblem theme Wiki Showcase anyday.  
Although I'm putting Box in Box Art in the top position for the next Spotlight. 
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#17  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Oops, sorry I'm late. Too busy with this darn blog series I unwisely began.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Mento: Great last entry.

Anyways the latest Spotlight is up now. It lacks a weekly blog by