The Community Spotlight - 05/25/2012

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
You Really Can't. I Guess Thanks to Hamst3r for the Banner....

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! Not much to discuss in terms of site news as everyone is getting ready for E3 2012. If you wanted to know the Trackmania 2 TNT this week was recorded in the Quick Look room because the Gamespot Live set has been sent to their E3 booth. Also if you missed the TNT this week it featured a one, Matthew Rorie. No news on what he's doing, but yes he sounds like he's fine. Best wishes and good luck to all of the unemployed workers of 38 Studios, including but not limited to Rich Gallup and Ben Coello. Finally special thanks to whoever uploaded all of the Unarchived Retro Gaming Marathon from 2010 to YouTube in three parts:

Community Activities & Game Groups

• Giant Bomb Dragon's Dogma Pawn Thread - Show Off Your Pawn Over Here!
  • Help Start an Xbox 360 Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Clan - If Interested Post Your Gamertag Here!
  • Giant Bomb - Golden Duder World Championship - Get Ready for the Finals and Discuss the Results so Far Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Dragon's Dogma and Future Soldier are the recent releases worth mentioning in regards to wiki content. As for Ben Coello and Rich Gallup, again best wishes to them and their careers and here's to their crazy Person Pages on Giant Bomb. The Fire Emblem sub-community...continues to labor away on various character and location pages in great detail.

Lovable Lists

Get your head out of the gutter! Mento's list is about the various notable video games that have depicted winter and cold weather to his memory.

Best of Blogs

GB user FLStyle has created a blog post about everything related to Capcom's half a million dollar Tournament Series worth checking out before the streams go live. AlexW00d and Mento continue their respective blog series about completing the 1C Complete Pack and dealing with their indie game backlog. Twilight shows you the first of what will be an awesome Giant Bomb themed Game Card Deck with his Ace of Spades design. PixelPrinny talks about the failure of Diablo III as a narrative and as a success as a fun experience while MajorMitch ponders on why he is tickled by Diablo III . hsvlad went back and played Max Payne 2 and discusses why it still holds up today. HardcoreScene08 has posted a blog post, with pictures, about the contents and their quality of the Final Fanatasy XIII-2 Collectors Edition, while dankempster continues his endurance run of Final Fantasy VII. AdzPearson also shares his two week JRPG marathon. MooseyMcMan pontificates his enjoyment of The Witcher 2 after finishing it. AhmadMetallic shares his excitement for the pending release of Planetside 2. RelentlessKnight writes about why he went back to Civilization IV last week while yeah_write shares his fan are of a happy Kratos.

Fantastic Forum Posts

Special thanks to Hamst3r for making and encouraging some true nightmare fuel on the forums with his Makeover thread...honestly I think that's about all I want to say about that. If you have any funny or crazy E3 predictions head on over to the E3 2012 predictions thread so later you can say how right your were about various "groundbreaking" announcements. Finally where do you stand on the issue of eating a friend's leg as described on the Bombcast? Vote on the poll!

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! Not much to discuss in terms of site news as everyone is getting ready for E3 2012. If you wanted to know the Trackmania 2 TNT this week was recorded in the Quick Look room because the Gamespot Live set has been sent to their E3 booth. Also if you missed the TNT this week it featured a one, Matthew Rorie. No news on what he's doing, but yes he sounds like he's fine. Best wishes and good luck to all of the unemployed workers of 38 Studios, including but not limited to Rich Gallup and Ben Coello. Finally special thanks to whoever uploaded all of the Unarchived Retro Gaming Marathon from 2010 to YouTube in three parts:

Community Activities & Game Groups

• Giant Bomb Dragon's Dogma Pawn Thread - Show Off Your Pawn Over Here!
  • Help Start an Xbox 360 Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Clan - If Interested Post Your Gamertag Here!
  • Giant Bomb - Golden Duder World Championship - Get Ready for the Finals and Discuss the Results so Far Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Dragon's Dogma and Future Soldier are the recent releases worth mentioning in regards to wiki content. As for Ben Coello and Rich Gallup, again best wishes to them and their careers and here's to their crazy Person Pages on Giant Bomb. The Fire Emblem sub-community...continues to labor away on various character and location pages in great detail.

Lovable Lists

Get your head out of the gutter! Mento's list is about the various notable video games that have depicted winter and cold weather to his memory.

Best of Blogs

GB user FLStyle has created a blog post about everything related to Capcom's half a million dollar Tournament Series worth checking out before the streams go live. AlexW00d and Mento continue their respective blog series about completing the 1C Complete Pack and dealing with their indie game backlog. Twilight shows you the first of what will be an awesome Giant Bomb themed Game Card Deck with his Ace of Spades design. PixelPrinny talks about the failure of Diablo III as a narrative and as a success as a fun experience while MajorMitch ponders on why he is tickled by Diablo III . hsvlad went back and played Max Payne 2 and discusses why it still holds up today. HardcoreScene08 has posted a blog post, with pictures, about the contents and their quality of the Final Fanatasy XIII-2 Collectors Edition, while dankempster continues his endurance run of Final Fantasy VII. AdzPearson also shares his two week JRPG marathon. MooseyMcMan pontificates his enjoyment of The Witcher 2 after finishing it. AhmadMetallic shares his excitement for the pending release of Planetside 2. RelentlessKnight writes about why he went back to Civilization IV last week while yeah_write shares his fan are of a happy Kratos.

Fantastic Forum Posts

Special thanks to Hamst3r for making and encouraging some true nightmare fuel on the forums with his Makeover thread...honestly I think that's about all I want to say about that. If you have any funny or crazy E3 predictions head on over to the E3 2012 predictions thread so later you can say how right your were about various "groundbreaking" announcements. Finally where do you stand on the issue of eating a friend's leg as described on the Bombcast? Vote on the poll!

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

My favourite thing from this week is still that makeover thread. It's deliciously weird.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Who's Bob Coello?

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone! What a strange banner.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By Hizang

No you can't Jeff, no you can't.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@LordAndrew said:

Who's Bob Coello?

The child of Bob Colayco and Ben Coello.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

I want to know how many users are going to click the Amaterasu link thinking it's for the Okami character.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
@Hailinel All of them.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

The spotlight is only a snapshot in a moment in time.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By Hizang

I haven't made one of these in a bit. - http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/i-havent-made-one-of-these-in-a-bit/548506/#1

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hailinel
eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By eirikr
@Hailinel: Aw, thanks man, you're too kind. I also would like to give Arioch's page the same treatment as Mara's...but what you see there is about all you can say about him. He's a pretty obscure demon. 
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@Eirikr: Hey, no problem. And yeah, I'm not sure what more could be said about Arioch other than maybe highlighting his amazing conversation with Mara in Devil Summoner 2. Those two were made for each other.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

Twoblogs this week, largely because I wasn't sure I'd get around to the second.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Video_Game_King said:

Twoblogs this week, largely because I wasn't sure I'd get around to the second.

Now all is right with the world.

Anyways I have to drive my sister to airport so the next Spotlight will be a little late.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By fobwashed

Oh man, creeeepy makeovers. . .

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers