ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Who Wants to Start a Pool as to What the Placeholder for the
   Who Wants to Start a Pool as to What the Placeholder for the "Coming Up on giant Bomb" Will be?   
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! E3 2012 is almost here, and as you may have noticed the site has been a little dead in terms of video content as a result. Just relax as an onslaught of content will soon inundate the site! However, before you get too excited and do something rash please take the time to read over the "E3 2012 and You" educational thread. Related to this, please resist the urge to create "PlayStation 4" or "Xbox 720" wiki pages on the site as Jeff has already created placeholder pages for the next consoles. Now as always the moderation team is host an E3 banner contest for all interested users.   

E3 2012

Please keep in mind that users do not need to create any "official" publisher or distributor press conference discussion threads as the moderation team will be doing this. 

Wonderful Wikis

Hey E3 is coming up, but don't let that distract you from the continual good work of the JRPG wiki editing community. This week we have various great wiki articles related to the Shin Megami Tensei games as well some other good character pages worth looking over. 

Lovable Lists

GB user Eirikr has created a truly impressive list of the various gods and deities depicted in the Shin Megami Tensei games and describes how they are depicted in various Shinto shrines and where. Mento on the other hand has constructed an entertaining list of big brutes who have a good head on their shoulders. egg has created a list of PSOne games that aren't on PSN that he thinks should. 

Best of Blog  

In preperation of the awesome E3 podcasts that you can expect when E3 hits GB mod PsEG crunches the stats for the most requested E3 Bombcast guests. GB user Egge contemplates is Max Payne 3 was really a necessary continuation of the Max Payne franchise. RestlessKnight list the two games he is most looking forward or seeing at E3 and TrueEnglishGent considers what Nintendo has on the line for this E3. Mento finally completes his May madness blog series and offers a funny bonus comic on his two blogs. KillyDarko breaks down and reveals Legend of Grimrock's secret Toorum Mode, while user Jan continues to impress with his 3D modelling skills. GB user Video_Game_King is back in action with two blogs this week while user Psycosis wraps up the final edition of his visual novel blog series. DryvBy theorizes how Diablo II and games in general can be more hardcore in a bad way as AlexW00d continues his forays with the 1C Complete Pack. MooseyMcMan finally got around to Gears of War 3 and is similarly followed by MarkWahlberg who finally got around to BioShock. DocHaus and AdzPearson both continue their blog series, while Sarumarine expresses his disappointment ath teh possibility of Anarchy Reigns not coming to the US or EU. 

Fantastic Forums  

The Final round of Voting for the Golden Duder is up! The final vote is between Matt Rorie and Will Smith, so make your pick soon! The rest of the notable threads are all fun discussion and voting threads related to the staff. 

Useful User Reviews 

User Created Podcasts 

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Who Wants to Start a Pool as to What the Placeholder for the
   Who Wants to Start a Pool as to What the Placeholder for the "Coming Up on giant Bomb" Will be?   
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! E3 2012 is almost here, and as you may have noticed the site has been a little dead in terms of video content as a result. Just relax as an onslaught of content will soon inundate the site! However, before you get too excited and do something rash please take the time to read over the "E3 2012 and You" educational thread. Related to this, please resist the urge to create "PlayStation 4" or "Xbox 720" wiki pages on the site as Jeff has already created placeholder pages for the next consoles. Now as always the moderation team is host an E3 banner contest for all interested users.   

E3 2012

Please keep in mind that users do not need to create any "official" publisher or distributor press conference discussion threads as the moderation team will be doing this. 

Wonderful Wikis

Hey E3 is coming up, but don't let that distract you from the continual good work of the JRPG wiki editing community. This week we have various great wiki articles related to the Shin Megami Tensei games as well some other good character pages worth looking over. 

Lovable Lists

GB user Eirikr has created a truly impressive list of the various gods and deities depicted in the Shin Megami Tensei games and describes how they are depicted in various Shinto shrines and where. Mento on the other hand has constructed an entertaining list of big brutes who have a good head on their shoulders. egg has created a list of PSOne games that aren't on PSN that he thinks should. 

Best of Blog  

In preperation of the awesome E3 podcasts that you can expect when E3 hits GB mod PsEG crunches the stats for the most requested E3 Bombcast guests. GB user Egge contemplates is Max Payne 3 was really a necessary continuation of the Max Payne franchise. RestlessKnight list the two games he is most looking forward or seeing at E3 and TrueEnglishGent considers what Nintendo has on the line for this E3. Mento finally completes his May madness blog series and offers a funny bonus comic on his two blogs. KillyDarko breaks down and reveals Legend of Grimrock's secret Toorum Mode, while user Jan continues to impress with his 3D modelling skills. GB user Video_Game_King is back in action with two blogs this week while user Psycosis wraps up the final edition of his visual novel blog series. DryvBy theorizes how Diablo II and games in general can be more hardcore in a bad way as AlexW00d continues his forays with the 1C Complete Pack. MooseyMcMan finally got around to Gears of War 3 and is similarly followed by MarkWahlberg who finally got around to BioShock. DocHaus and AdzPearson both continue their blog series, while Sarumarine expresses his disappointment ath teh possibility of Anarchy Reigns not coming to the US or EU. 

Fantastic Forums  

The Final round of Voting for the Golden Duder is up! The final vote is between Matt Rorie and Will Smith, so make your pick soon! The rest of the notable threads are all fun discussion and voting threads related to the staff. 

Useful User Reviews 

User Created Podcasts 

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Things are going to get busy because of E3 so I'm going to unpin this on "Newest Topics" in order to avoid jamming up the board when E3 starts.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, the official abbreviation for Xbox's next console is the XDUR? That's too rich.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Winternet

@Video_Game_King: XDUR and ORBS. Videogames.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Winternet:

I would have preferred Sony's industry name for their next console be the Tardis. You know, to show how far in the future they really are.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Winternet

@Video_Game_King: Marketplace confusion. Can't have it.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Winternet:

Confusion with what?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Winternet
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#9  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Thanks, man. I always feel like I'm asking too much with multiple blog submissions. I can rest easier knowing VGK did the same thing this week.

But yeah, I guess this imminent expo means the return of the "Christ, please, anything but E3" daily blogs. Busy, busy.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

E3!!!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Mento said:

I can rest easier knowing VGK did the same thing this week.

I've done it before, but he usually just took one. Not this time, I guess.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel

Thanks, ZombiePie!

Man, next week is gonna be nuts around here.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel said:

Thanks, ZombiePie!

Because of E3, your monthly blog series, or my decision to play a shitty My Little Pony game?

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone in their stellar wiki pages and awesome blogs!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King said:

@Hailinel said:

Thanks, ZombiePie!

Because of E3, your monthly blog series, or my decision to play a shitty My Little Pony game?

Mix of all three, I guess? But I was mostly referring to the circus that the forums are going to be because of E3.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Because of E3 I'm going to need some help showcasing the best E3 blogs because I have my hands ties right now.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@takashichea: Also Fire Emblem Awakening is coming to North America....

Pootpoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Pootpoot

Thanks for another great spotlight zombiepie!

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By eirikr

If it's not going to be a totally E3-themed week, then the Lugh page is definitely deserving of a look. On a related note, I know with 100% certainty that the Cu Chulainn page was featured long, long ago (we're talking like 3 years) but is not a part of Mr. Pie's list.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King

Yes, this happened. No, I feel no shame. It's hard to feel anything after something like this.

Soren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Soren

@Eirikr: Solid, man.

And if we're talking E3, than it doesn't get much better than this. E3, folks.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By ArcBorealis
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24  Edited By Hizang
Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#25  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Hey Zeeps. I've posted a quartet of blogs (found on my blog page) that have nothing to do with E3, and a list that absolutely does.

I'd also like to remind folk about ThatFrood's thread where he intends to compile all our E3 2012 lists to find our collective best of show. Otherwise, I think you've probably scooped me on all the best E3 blogs and VGK's effeminate fiasco already. I think I can guess which barechested avian superhero will be making the banner this week...

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Mento said:

I think I can guess which barechested avian superhero will be making the banner this week...

Are you saying that will see full frontal boobies in this week's spotlight?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Bollard
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Latest Spotlight is up here

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By takashichea

@ZombiePie:

Thanks! Hailinel's tweet also informed me of the good news. Anime Vice and the other wikia communities are taking my wiki editing time. I'll continue to support the Giant Bomb community.