Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Many Thanks to B0nd07 for this Banner! 

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight! For those of you that may have noticed the moderation team has been using a Seal of Approval to indicate which blogs, threads, user reviews, and lists that we approve of. For those wondering why we are doing this we just want to play a more active role in informing the userbase what really like to see on the site as well as keep track of what we want to see on the "User Created Highlights" portal. Other than that I have a slew of user created art I found on Twitter this week to share, weird right? One user created some awesome fridge/white board art of the Giant bomb staff. PsEG has personally created a very impressive Ryan Davis themed vinyl design. Also, it looks like we are already have our first bootleg "China Don't Care" t-shirt designs, keep up the good work! Finally there are two very notable YouTube videos to share this week. The first video is a very charming animated video related to Jeff's "Chris With the White Car" Bombcast story from Applefrog. The second video is from the always entertaining TurboMan who has created the latest entry for his long running best of Giant Bomb Quick Look video series: 

Community Activities and Game Nights 

• Giant Bomb Community Halo 4 Game Nights - Sign Up for e Game Night Group Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Halo 4 Xbox Live Gamertag List - Post Your Gamertag for Other Users to Add to Their Friends List Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

Say hello to Halo 4 this week as the big releases continue this fall and winter season. Some really nice work has been done on the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare wiki page to warrant any of you checking it out a second time. Primal Carnage has dinosaurs and now you can read about the dinosaurs in the game on the wiki page about the game. Still confused about what the hell Peter Molyneux's most recent game, Curiosity, is all about? Well then check out the Giant Bomb wiki page to read all about it! Finally who would have thought that there's a lot to say about the StreetPass Plaza? Well you're wrong if you thought that there's not a lot to say judging by the surprisingly massive wiki page for the feature. 

Best of Blogs 

Everyone in the United Sates that plans on buying video games during Black Tuesday must check out user jakob187's annual Black Tuesday list of great sales blog. Music man and Let's Play expert Hamst3r has done a very entertaining Let's Play video series of Lone Survivor worth checking out. GB user Apathylad recently saw a NBC video report on video game addiction and provides a summary as well as his response to the video on his latest blog. Much like Brad Interfect found himself disappointed by Doom 3 BFG Edition, and looking back at the Paper Mario franchise BisonHero has written a blog about how Super Paper Mario is the weakest link in the franchise. We have a couple of community anniversaries to mention this week! The Forza race Night community has just celebrated its third year of holding community events, and the Wrestling sub-community has just celebrates its first year of dominating the forums. RedCream blogged about how the obscure games Koudelka or Trapt are important to his development as a gamer, simultaneously wrote a blog about two largely unknown games called Ether Vapor Remaster or Fairy Bloom Freesia. Video_Game_King got terrestrial with his television themed video game blog. MMMman compares how the 38 Studios situation resembles that of a college student with loan debt. buckbit wrote a helpful and easy to use guide of howto play System Shock 2 on a computer using System Shock 2. mtmckinley has started a blog series where eh details his adventures in Skyrim in diary form, whereas D_Bones continues his blog series looking back at his most notable gaming moments this year. The weekly update blogs include NekuSakuraba who got his hands on Cook, Serve, Delicious as well as Dishonored; MajorMitch going through Zero Escape and Need for Speed: Most Wanted; and Sparky_Buzzsaw killing orcs in Orcs Must Die as well as zombies in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Sweep points out the similarities between Hotline Miami and the indie game Norrland, whereas Bitteralmond continues his blog series about why he considers Hotline Miami a masterpiece in video game entertainment. dankempster provide a personal blog about why he has always enjoyed the Colin McRae racing games and pontificates about what racing franchises he is considering trying out. Finally check out the latest edition of Marino's stat dump to see how the GianT bomb Community did in terms of its activity during the month of October...here's a hint we did alright. 

Fantastic Forums 

If you have completed Halo 4 or Assassin's Creed III what did you think of their stories? If you wish to discuss the merits or demerits of the single player experiences of either games check out the discussion threads for them. Are there any notable games coming in 2013? If so talk about what you are most excited about on the 2013 discussion thread. Have any of you played Peter Molneux's most recent oddity, Curiosity? If so share your first impressions of the game on the discussion thread for the game. Finally the Giant Bomb community continues to enjoy the hilarity of Jeff's "Chris with a White Car" story as evidenced by the thread discussing the matter where much video hilarity can be found. 

Lovable Lists 

Inspired by Assassin's Creed III GB user Mento has created our sole list this week by looking at the historical figures he has assassinated in video games.  

Useful User Reviews 

Many Thanks to deathstroke75 for Providing this Banner!
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Community Spotlight! For those of you that may have noticed the moderation team has been using a Seal of Approval to indicate which blogs, threads, user reviews, and lists that we approve of. For those wondering why we are doing this we just want to play a more active role in informing the userbase what really like to see on the site as well as keep track of what we want to see on the "User Created Highlights" portal. Other than that I have a slew of user created art I found on Twitter this week to share, weird right? One user created some awesome fridge/white board art of the Giant bomb staff. PsEG has personally created a very impressive Ryan Davis themed vinyl design. Also, it looks like we are already have our first bootleg "China Don't Care" t-shirt designs, keep up the good work! Finally there are two very notable YouTube videos to share this week. The first video is a very charming animated video related to Jeff's "Chris With the White Car" Bombcast story from Applefrog. The second video is from the always entertaining TurboMan who has created the latest entry for his long running best of Giant Bomb Quick Look video series: 

Community Activities and Game Nights 

• Giant Bomb Community Halo 4 Game Nights - Sign Up for e Game Night Group Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Halo 4 Xbox Live Gamertag List - Post Your Gamertag for Other Users to Add to Their Friends List Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

Say hello to Halo 4 this week as the big releases continue this fall and winter season. Some really nice work has been done on the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare wiki page to warrant any of you checking it out a second time. Primal Carnage has dinosaurs and now you can read about the dinosaurs in the game on the wiki page about the game. Still confused about what the hell Peter Molyneux's most recent game, Curiosity, is all about? Well then check out the Giant Bomb wiki page to read all about it! Finally who would have thought that there's a lot to say about the StreetPass Plaza? Well you're wrong if you thought that there's not a lot to say judging by the surprisingly massive wiki page for the feature. 

Best of Blogs 

Everyone in the United Sates that plans on buying video games during Black Tuesday must check out user jakob187's annual Black Tuesday list of great sales blog. Music man and Let's Play expert Hamst3r has done a very entertaining Let's Play video series of Lone Survivor worth checking out. GB user Apathylad recently saw a NBC video report on video game addiction and provides a summary as well as his response to the video on his latest blog. Much like Brad Interfect found himself disappointed by Doom 3 BFG Edition, and looking back at the Paper Mario franchise BisonHero has written a blog about how Super Paper Mario is the weakest link in the franchise. We have a couple of community anniversaries to mention this week! The Forza race Night community has just celebrated its third year of holding community events, and the Wrestling sub-community has just celebrates its first year of dominating the forums. RedCream blogged about how the obscure games Koudelka or Trapt are important to his development as a gamer, simultaneously wrote a blog about two largely unknown games called Ether Vapor Remaster or Fairy Bloom Freesia. Video_Game_King got terrestrial with his television themed video game blog. MMMman compares how the 38 Studios situation resembles that of a college student with loan debt. buckbit wrote a helpful and easy to use guide of howto play System Shock 2 on a computer using System Shock 2. mtmckinley has started a blog series where eh details his adventures in Skyrim in diary form, whereas D_Bones continues his blog series looking back at his most notable gaming moments this year. The weekly update blogs include NekuSakuraba who got his hands on Cook, Serve, Delicious as well as Dishonored; MajorMitch going through Zero Escape and Need for Speed: Most Wanted; and Sparky_Buzzsaw killing orcs in Orcs Must Die as well as zombies in Dead Rising 2: Off the Record. Sweep points out the similarities between Hotline Miami and the indie game Norrland, whereas Bitteralmond continues his blog series about why he considers Hotline Miami a masterpiece in video game entertainment. dankempster provide a personal blog about why he has always enjoyed the Colin McRae racing games and pontificates about what racing franchises he is considering trying out. Finally check out the latest edition of Marino's stat dump to see how the GianT bomb Community did in terms of its activity during the month of October...here's a hint we did alright. 

Fantastic Forums 

If you have completed Halo 4 or Assassin's Creed III what did you think of their stories? If you wish to discuss the merits or demerits of the single player experiences of either games check out the discussion threads for them. Are there any notable games coming in 2013? If so talk about what you are most excited about on the 2013 discussion thread. Have any of you played Peter Molneux's most recent oddity, Curiosity? If so share your first impressions of the game on the discussion thread for the game. Finally the Giant Bomb community continues to enjoy the hilarity of Jeff's "Chris with a White Car" story as evidenced by the thread discussing the matter where much video hilarity can be found. 

Lovable Lists 

Inspired by Assassin's Creed III GB user Mento has created our sole list this week by looking at the historical figures he has assassinated in video games.  

Useful User Reviews 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

Video_Game_King got terrestrial with his television themed video game blog.
I've always wanted to use this.
fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By fobwashed

@Video_Game_King: What is ur avatar? I've been meaning to ask and now I mean it.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Fobwashed:

Me. To be more specific, I have transformed into a character from Seiken Densetsu 3, and am whooshing in front of either a Golden Sun spell or the final boss background from Fire Emblem. I'm leaning toward the latter.

B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By B0nd07

@ZombiePie: Here's a link to the version of the seal that Marino's been using, just in case the one you linked to gets deleted from my dropbox.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

That banner is superb. Hadn't seen half those blogs this week. I must be slipping.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Deranged

My review is up here?!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone! I need to jump on the Halo bandwagon. I haven't played a multi-player shooter game since Jet Force Gemini. Though, I need to buy an XBox.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Hamst3r
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10  Edited By Hizang
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Hunter5024

@takashichea said:

Congrats everyone! I need to jump on the Halo bandwagon. I haven't played a multi-player shooter game since Jet Force Gemini. Though, I need to buy an XBox.

Jet Force Gemini is all you need.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By BisonHero

Thanks for the mention on the community spotlight, @ZombiePie! Meant to send you a PM about including my blog, then I completely forgot.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By redcream

Thank you for including my blog in the list

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Video_Game_King said:

@ZombiePie said:

Video_Game_King got terrestrial with his television themed video game blog.

That comment was a play on "terrestrial television," because your blog examined games that were adaptations of television shows.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ZombiePie said:

That comment was a play on "terrestrial television," because your blog examined games that were adaptations of television shows.

I have no clue what terrestrial television is. Is it programming about dirt?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Video_Game_King
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@Video_Game_King said:

Ich bin absolut nicht ein Nazi, you guys, und dieser Blog und diese Bewertung beweisen.

Your blog is banned in Germany, I surely can't showcase it to our international audience.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King

I think you're allowed to use images of Hitler and the Nazis in a historical context, and you can't prove that Hitler never traveled from place to place by means of flying rainbow swastikas. Hell, I'm pretty sure that's how he handled The Battle of the Bulge.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 212

#19  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Another stealth game review, another stealth pun in the title. I also rambled about the AC series as a whole in this blog, and made a list to prepare for a feature I'm doing next month.

Next week I'll hopefully be talking about something other than killing people. At least, something other than killing people with knives. Actually, I might not even be able to promise that much.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Mento said:

Another stealth game review

Do you mean "another review about a game with stealth elements" or "another game review nobody's gonna read"?

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 212

#21  Edited By Mento  Moderator

@Video_Game_King: Clearly both.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers