The Community Spotlight - 12/28/2012 (End of the Year Edition)

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Fly Away With Ryan Davis Airlines (RDA)! 
Hello and welcome to the latest and last edition of the Community Spotlight for the year of 2012! It would appear that most of you, and hopefully all of you, survived the Winter holidays as well as false warped apocalyptic prophecies to see the last week of 2012. With the Game of the Year content coming to an end Giant Bomb is about to initiate it's week-long New Years hibernation, and as such the staff will be away for a while. If you have been enjoying the Game of the Year video content on the site remember to give Vinny and Drew a big thank you for all of their hard work and making it possible. The other notable news this week comes from our East Coast correspondent Alex Navarro who is taking suggestions in regards to his own video feature on the site. Next Patrick recorded his own video podcast discussing Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors that you should give a listen to. Anyways here's to another great year! 

Community Events & Game Nights 

• Giant Bomb Anarchy Reigns Tournament Interest Thread - If You are Interested in Organizing or Participating in an Anarchy Reign Tournament Comment Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community 2012 Game of the Year Voting - Voting Ends on New Years Eve! - Help Determine the Community's GOTY By Heading Over  Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Let's go the Hufflepuff route this week and list all of the "other" big notable video games that a lot of users have been listing as their favorites. 

Best of Blogs 

Game of the year...so much game of the year stuff....Some users listed their favorite games and game experiences whereas others handed out their own awards. Either way give jakob187's blog as he took the time to tabulate all of the votes for his "Most Disappointing Game of 2012" nomination thread. The results may or may not surprise you...they probably wont. 

Fantastic Forums 

For anyone afraid of listening to the GOTY Bombcasts due to spoilers check out the time stamp thread to get a detailed list of all of the potential game spoilers for the GOTY Bombcasts. There are still plenty of end of the year debating threads to give a go ranging from discussing the biggest "fiasco" to whichever game you think has the best music. On the musical note McGhee provides a forum post listing the best K Pop has to offer from 2012. TohruAdachi has taken some time out of his schedule from being a creepy raper guy to provide a skill evolution guide for Persona 4: Golden. 

Lovable Lists 

I have actually reached the point where I'm pronouncing GOTY as "Goat-e," but not "goatsie" you sick pervert. 

Useful User Reviews 

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest and last edition of the Community Spotlight for the year of 2012! It would appear that most of you, and hopefully all of you, survived the Winter holidays as well as false warped apocalyptic prophecies to see the last week of 2012. With the Game of the Year content coming to an end Giant Bomb is about to initiate it's week-long New Years hibernation, and as such the staff will be away for a while. If you have been enjoying the Game of the Year video content on the site remember to give Vinny and Drew a big thank you for all of their hard work and making it possible. The other notable news this week comes from our East Coast correspondent Alex Navarro who is taking suggestions in regards to his own video feature on the site. Next Patrick recorded his own video podcast discussing Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors that you should give a listen to. Anyways here's to another great year! 

Community Events & Game Nights 

• Giant Bomb Anarchy Reigns Tournament Interest Thread - If You are Interested in Organizing or Participating in an Anarchy Reign Tournament Comment Here!
  • Giant Bomb Community 2012 Game of the Year Voting - Voting Ends on New Years Eve! - Help Determine the Community's GOTY By Heading Over  Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Let's go the Hufflepuff route this week and list all of the "other" big notable video games that a lot of users have been listing as their favorites. 

Best of Blogs 

Game of the year...so much game of the year stuff....Some users listed their favorite games and game experiences whereas others handed out their own awards. Either way give jakob187's blog as he took the time to tabulate all of the votes for his "Most Disappointing Game of 2012" nomination thread. The results may or may not surprise you...they probably wont. 

Fantastic Forums 

For anyone afraid of listening to the GOTY Bombcasts due to spoilers check out the time stamp thread to get a detailed list of all of the potential game spoilers for the GOTY Bombcasts. There are still plenty of end of the year debating threads to give a go ranging from discussing the biggest "fiasco" to whichever game you think has the best music. On the musical note McGhee provides a forum post listing the best K Pop has to offer from 2012. TohruAdachi has taken some time out of his schedule from being a creepy raper guy to provide a skill evolution guide for Persona 4: Golden. 

Lovable Lists 

I have actually reached the point where I'm pronouncing GOTY as "Goat-e," but not "goatsie" you sick pervert. 

Useful User Reviews 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

Happy new year you guys, great stuff to go out on. Especially that Ratchet and Clank page...

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

My 2012 never made the cut? Ahhh. Those blogs all seem good, can't say you made bad choices. Have to check em out.

Avatar image for pistolpackinpoet
PistolPackinPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By PistolPackinPoet

Holy crap I just found out that I was on the "best of" for the last one. Thanks ZombiePie for the community spotlight for the last edition. I'm constantly updating my list as I progress throughout games before close deadline for the game of the year lists. I hope you guys continue to enjoy what I post up.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By bonbolapti

@Video_Game_King: are you constantly surprised to learn what the internet is?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@bonbolapti:

A little. I'm still surprised that Frog Fractions is seriously being considered for GOTY talks.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By bonbolapti

@Video_Game_King: well, smaller games are probably becoming more fun. :P

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

@bonbolapti:

Not really, at least from what I played of Frog Fractions. It's just like every other dumb Flash game I've seen.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Mezmero

I think you misspelled Davisosky in the image caption. I was rather disappointed at the turn out for my thread about face and neck stabbing in 2012 games. It just got drowned out by the plethora of GOTY blogs that went up in the week. I suppose I should have tried to gussy it up a bit with screen shots or videos but there's always next time. I'm just too lazy to go through images to find the perfect ones. At last the year is finally over.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By pyromagnestir

Hey look at that.

This is probably the only time I shall ever make the spotlight. Now I shall revert to being a non contributing drain on our community! That's what I do best!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By fattony12000

@ZombiePie: Thanks for including me! Even though my thing isn't really a blog.

x

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Two days too late with my blog, damn!

You did a marvelous job this year mister Zombieman, keep it up next year!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It's still great to see so many GoTY blogs and lists. It reminds me of when there were more major bloggers on the forums. Anyway, here's a thing I did for this week. Thanks ZP.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Bollard

Finally finished putting together our GOTY Podcast! Huzzah!

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#17  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Happy new year for the Spotlight, ZP! Now, I made this wordy blog about my intentions for the new year, but I don't have a new list. I was wondering if it would be fine to submit my "Games Beaten in 2012" list now that it's effectively "complete"? And I'll get onto something less cop-outty for next week.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By fattony12000

@ZombiePie:

Curse you and your foul cut off dates!

Fatbomb Blog December Edition
Fatbomb Blog December Edition

Fatbomb: December Edition