Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Edited By MachoFantastico

MY FIRST BLOG OF THE YEAR 2011, A YEAR THAT PROMISES GREAT THINGS FOR GAMERS.

It is said that typing or writing down your thoughts, concerns and worries can be very therapeutic, be them good or bad. This might explain why so many people decide to blog their thoughts and opinions down on the world wide webby on a daily basis, I've seen and read blogs that have been active for years, yet have seen little reader feedback in the form of comments or otherwise. But does that mean the blog is a waste of internet space? Of course not, as I'm sure the time spent typing each entry as been both satisfying and helpful to the blogger in ways he or she may not realise. I'll gladly admit that writing this blog over the years as been very rewarding, and I'm immensely grateful to anyone who as taken the time to read anything I've written, especially considering my ability to ramble on so much.  

But here we now are, the year that shall be called 2011. I venture forth into what I hope will be a great year for the gaming industry and the gamers that love it so. After all, that's why we're all here right? The previous year that was interestingly enough called 2010 felt deflated towards the end, in fact the year as an whole was far from thrilling in my personal opinion. It was one of the reasons I stopped blogging so frequently as my heart simply wasn't in the opinion giving mood. Yes Mass Effect 2 was pretty damn special, I adored Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and EA Sports released the best FIFA game to date in FIFA 11, but when compared to past years it all felt a tad dull. Thankfully, 2011 looks like it'll be something special.  

The Nintendo 3DS will no doubt be the most anticipated hardware release of 2011.
 The Nintendo 3DS will no doubt be the most anticipated hardware release of 2011.
Already I've found myself playing the stunning Playstation 3 exclusive LittleBigPlanet 2, and we have so many more games to look forward to. Be it Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3 or Portal 2, the list just goes on and on. Not to mention some big hardware releases from both Nintendo in the much anticipated 3DS and Sony who continue to be awful at keeping secrets with the PSP2, it's exciting stuff I think you'll agree. Now this blog is nothing if opinionated, and while I know that 2010 did see the release of both the Playstation Move and Microsoft's Kinect, neither earned much of my consideration. That doesn't mean they won't, I've already shown some interest in Move lately, though Kinect probably won't ever sit on my desk due to space limitations and my Rheumatoid Arthritis.  

It's not difficult to predict the big hardware release this year, with Nintendo set to release the hugely anticipated 3DS all over the globe in 2011. While far from a day one purchase for me, it's certainly got gamers excited and for good reason. An impressive showing at E3 2010 got the gaming media talking and it's almost certain to sell like hot cakes when it hits stores, after all 3D is all the rage with the kids of today right? I'll also go out on a limb and say that at this years E3 we'll start to hear small details concerning the next generation of consoles from Microsoft and Sony. I'm certainly not saying consoles will be revealed, but it would surprise me to find that come the end of E3 2011, we don't have some idea on what both companies have to offer us in the years to come. 

2011 is set to be an awesome year for us gamers, and I can't wait to get my hands on some of those releases. LittleBigPlanet 2 will be my first written review of the year real soon and Dead Space 2 is literally days away. While still on the fence concerning the Nintendo 3DS, it's a release I'm still anticipating and I look forward to see what Sony have in store with the PSP2. I haven't even got around to mentioning Nathan Drake's return in Drake's Deception, the possibility of Assassin's Creed 3 and my dream that one day, just one day we might actually find out what the f**k is going on with Half Life and Valve. Oh, and to hear/read less of Michael Pachter's opinions would be great to, but that's probably asking to much.  

Not the most in-depth look at 2011 I know, I'll leave that to the considerably more talented then I. But I hope to be more frequent in writing these from now on, and as I've previously mentioned I'll be putting up a written review of LittleBigPlanet 2 at some point soon. But for now, I want to thank you all for taking the time to read this and while your at it, tell me what your most looking forward to in 2011.

Thanks for Reading, and Keep Gaming!
Follow me on Twitter: JosephBayliss

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

MY FIRST BLOG OF THE YEAR 2011, A YEAR THAT PROMISES GREAT THINGS FOR GAMERS.

It is said that typing or writing down your thoughts, concerns and worries can be very therapeutic, be them good or bad. This might explain why so many people decide to blog their thoughts and opinions down on the world wide webby on a daily basis, I've seen and read blogs that have been active for years, yet have seen little reader feedback in the form of comments or otherwise. But does that mean the blog is a waste of internet space? Of course not, as I'm sure the time spent typing each entry as been both satisfying and helpful to the blogger in ways he or she may not realise. I'll gladly admit that writing this blog over the years as been very rewarding, and I'm immensely grateful to anyone who as taken the time to read anything I've written, especially considering my ability to ramble on so much.  

But here we now are, the year that shall be called 2011. I venture forth into what I hope will be a great year for the gaming industry and the gamers that love it so. After all, that's why we're all here right? The previous year that was interestingly enough called 2010 felt deflated towards the end, in fact the year as an whole was far from thrilling in my personal opinion. It was one of the reasons I stopped blogging so frequently as my heart simply wasn't in the opinion giving mood. Yes Mass Effect 2 was pretty damn special, I adored Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and EA Sports released the best FIFA game to date in FIFA 11, but when compared to past years it all felt a tad dull. Thankfully, 2011 looks like it'll be something special.  

Already I've found myself playing the stunning Playstation 3 exclusive LittleBigPlanet 2, and we have so many more games to look forward to. Be it Dead Space 2, Killzone 3, Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3 or Portal 2, the list just goes on and on. Not to mention some big hardware releases from both Nintendo in the much anticipated 3DS and Sony who continue to be awful at keeping secrets with the PSP2, it's exciting stuff I think you'll agree. Now this blog is nothing if opinionated, and while I know that 2010 did see the release of both the Playstation Move and Microsoft's Kinect, neither earned much of my consideration. That doesn't mean they won't, I've already shown some interest in Move lately, though Kinect probably won't ever sit on my desk due to space limitations and my Rheumatoid Arthritis.  

It's not difficult to predict the big hardware release this year, with Nintendo set to release the hugely anticipated 3DS all over the globe in 2011. While far from a day one purchase for me, it's certainly got gamers excited and for good reason. An impressive showing at E3 2010 got the gaming media talking and it's almost certain to sell like hot cakes when it hits stores, after all 3D is all the rage with the kids of today right? I'll also go out on a limb and say that at this years E3 we'll start to hear small details concerning the next generation of consoles from Microsoft and Sony. I'm certainly not saying consoles will be revealed, but it would surprise me to find that come the end of E3 2011, we don't have some idea on what both companies have to offer us in the years to come. 

2011 is set to be an awesome year for us gamers, and I can't wait to get my hands on some of those releases. LittleBigPlanet 2 will be my first written review of the year real soon and Dead Space 2 is literally days away. While still on the fence concerning the Nintendo 3DS, it's a release I'm still anticipating and I look forward to see what Sony have in store with the PSP2. I haven't even got around to mentioning Nathan Drake's return in Drake's Deception, the possibility of Assassin's Creed 3 and my dream that one day, just one day we might actually find out what the f**k is going on with Half Life and Valve. Oh, and to hear/read less of Michael Pachter's opinions would be great to, but that's probably asking to much.  

Not the most in-depth look at 2011 I know, I'll leave that to the considerably more talented then I. But I hope to be more frequent in writing these from now on, and as I've previously mentioned I'll be putting up a written review of LittleBigPlanet 2 at some point soon. But for now, I want to thank you all for taking the time to read this and while your at it, tell me what your most looking forward to in 2011.

Thanks for Reading, and Keep Gaming!
Follow me on Twitter: JosephBayliss

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hopefully we will get some Half Life 3 information or Episode 3. I am going to guess Episode 3 is a full on sequal rather than an episode but this being Valve you never know. I do hope we see a Orange Box 2 as well in the future with Portal 2 and some other goodness.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Your first blog of 2011 was a good one. A new year brings the sense of a clean slate to everything--video games included. This year seems like it could be very exciting if the 3DS lives up to its hype. And who knows what the PSP2 will be all about. Exciting indeed.  

But I hope to be more frequent in writing these from now on, and as I've previously mentioned I'll be putting up a written review of LittleBigPlanet 2 at some point soon.     

Looking forward to both of those things.  :)
Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Garfield360UK
@RiotBananas said:
" @Garfield360UK said:
" Hopefully we will get some Half Life 3 information or Episode 3. I am going to guess Episode 3 is a full on sequal rather than an episode but this being Valve you never know. I do hope we see a Orange Box 2 as well in the future with Portal 2 and some other goodness. "
Oh my god. Fuck you. Seriously, I am SICK of people talking about Half Life. "

Itt was in the blog so I said I would be interested in it. 

Not sure why you responded that way?
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By danielkempster

There are an insane amount of games I'm looking forward to this year - Dead Space 2 is on my immediate radar, but with titles like Portal 2, L.A. Noire and Skyrim pencilled in for 2011 it looks like my wallet is going to be hurting all year long. On top of that, it looks like it's finally going to be the year that I invest in a PS3 - the combination of awesome-looking upcoming titles and a back catalogue of great games have finally brought me to the point where I feel like I need one. I'm also really excited to see what E3 brings. Deep down I'm hoping for some interesting new IPs to surface, to make up for the fact that pretty much every game I'm excited about right now is a sequel.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By benjaebe
@RiotBananas said:
" @Garfield360UK said:
" Hopefully we will get some Half Life 3 information or Episode 3. I am going to guess Episode 3 is a full on sequal rather than an episode but this being Valve you never know. I do hope we see a Orange Box 2 as well in the future with Portal 2 and some other goodness. "
Oh my god. Fuck you. Seriously, I am SICK of people talking about Half Life. "
Oh my god. Fuck you. Seriously, I am SICK of people talking about how they are SICK of people talking about Half Life.

Seriously dude, no reason to be a dick. A lot of people, myself included, are really anticipating Episode 3.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Ace829

Even though it's not as well known as big releases like Mass Effect 3 and FFXIII-2, I am certainly interested in what Hyperdimension Neptunia will be like. An RPG about game consoles? Alex Kidd? Sounds great to me.
Speaking about the 3DS, I am eagerly anticipating the launch day and plan to wait in line like a fool. I do plan on getting Resident Evil: Mercenaries though it's a shame that the launch line-up is pretty weak. Good thing the real meat of the library comes shortly after (Paper Mario 3d, Mario Kart, OoT remake, and Kid Icarus). Also, definitely getting Aqua Blue.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By iam3green

good blog, i was expecting it to be a one sentence thing for a quest. portal 2 should be a great game. i'm sure there is going to be another meme coming from that game, like first one cake is a lie.