CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Art by Turbo_Toaster 
Art by Turbo_Toaster 
Congratulations to waitwhat for winning Half-Life 2 (donated by rentfn)! Out of 26 contestants, his username was the one that Random Line Picker chose!  

crusader8463 is offering a free three-day guest pass of Monday Night Combat to the next Steam winner! If the Steam winner doesn't want it, it will go to the next Steam winner. 

Now on to the generic stuff! 

Donations
If you have games you are no longer interested in that are in good condition (as in, they work), then PM me with what game(s) you would like to donate and I will give you the mailing address you can ship them to. You will be responsible for all shipping costs.  You won't get anything for it, but I will list your name (with a link to your profile) by the game you donate in all future contests that they are available.    

Please read this before entering -  

There is no way for me to really verify who enters, but I'd appreciate it if you only enter if you're actually able to play these games and have interest in them! If something happens to the game during shipping and it doesn't work for some reason, then... oh well! I'm paying for everything, and all you'll have to deal with is minor disappointment. I won't compensate you for that!

I will be doing one of these every week until I run out of games. More games will be added as I beat and lose interest in them or as I receive donations!

I will pick one winner using Random Line Picker and PM them asking for their mailing address and what game they want. The game will be shipped via Priority Mail with a tracking number for your convenience. (If you live in the U.S., that is. If you live anywhere else and want to enter, then you'll get some other kind of shipping speed without a tracking number!)  

(All games are NTSC.)  

All of these games have been tested and work. The cases themselves either have stickers on them or are in not-so-great condition, but the games play fine from my experience. As I've said before, these contests are for people that want to play the games, not collectors...   

PC 
Half-Life 2: Episode One - (Steam gift, donated by rentfn
Portal - (Steam gift, donated by rentfn)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - (donated by nintendoeats)

PS3 
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty   -  (donated by nintendoeats

How To Play 
What's the longest car trip you've ever been on? Answer this question to enter!

Deadline 
You have until Sunday, April 10th at whatever time I am awake and decide to end it. I will make a warning post one hour before I close the contest and select the winner.      

------- 
Previous Winners
JohnAsscream - Alan Wake (X360)
kestrel10mn - Assassin's Creed II (X360) 
zoskia -  Dead Space (PS3) 
nintendoeats -  Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) 
DarthOniXVIII - Left 4 Dead  (X360) 
Daveyo520 - Assassin's Creed (X360) 
Synthballs - Mass Effect 2 (X360)  - Donated by zoskia 
Mechwing - Army of Two (PS3) - Donated by nintendoeats 
BjornTheUnicorn - Max Payne (PS2) - Donated by  nintendoeats 
CaptainCody - Just Cause 2 (PC - Steam code) - Donated by mosdl 
waitwhat - Half-Life 2 (PC - Steam gift) - Donated by rentfn
-------         
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art by Turbo_Toaster 
Art by Turbo_Toaster 
Congratulations to waitwhat for winning Half-Life 2 (donated by rentfn)! Out of 26 contestants, his username was the one that Random Line Picker chose!  

crusader8463 is offering a free three-day guest pass of Monday Night Combat to the next Steam winner! If the Steam winner doesn't want it, it will go to the next Steam winner. 

Now on to the generic stuff! 

Donations
If you have games you are no longer interested in that are in good condition (as in, they work), then PM me with what game(s) you would like to donate and I will give you the mailing address you can ship them to. You will be responsible for all shipping costs.  You won't get anything for it, but I will list your name (with a link to your profile) by the game you donate in all future contests that they are available.    

Please read this before entering -  

There is no way for me to really verify who enters, but I'd appreciate it if you only enter if you're actually able to play these games and have interest in them! If something happens to the game during shipping and it doesn't work for some reason, then... oh well! I'm paying for everything, and all you'll have to deal with is minor disappointment. I won't compensate you for that!

I will be doing one of these every week until I run out of games. More games will be added as I beat and lose interest in them or as I receive donations!

I will pick one winner using Random Line Picker and PM them asking for their mailing address and what game they want. The game will be shipped via Priority Mail with a tracking number for your convenience. (If you live in the U.S., that is. If you live anywhere else and want to enter, then you'll get some other kind of shipping speed without a tracking number!)  

(All games are NTSC.)  

All of these games have been tested and work. The cases themselves either have stickers on them or are in not-so-great condition, but the games play fine from my experience. As I've said before, these contests are for people that want to play the games, not collectors...   

PC 
Half-Life 2: Episode One - (Steam gift, donated by rentfn
Portal - (Steam gift, donated by rentfn)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - (donated by nintendoeats)

PS3 
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty   -  (donated by nintendoeats

How To Play 
What's the longest car trip you've ever been on? Answer this question to enter!

Deadline 
You have until Sunday, April 10th at whatever time I am awake and decide to end it. I will make a warning post one hour before I close the contest and select the winner.      

------- 
Previous Winners
JohnAsscream - Alan Wake (X360)
kestrel10mn - Assassin's Creed II (X360) 
zoskia -  Dead Space (PS3) 
nintendoeats -  Splinter Cell: Conviction (X360) 
DarthOniXVIII - Left 4 Dead  (X360) 
Daveyo520 - Assassin's Creed (X360) 
Synthballs - Mass Effect 2 (X360)  - Donated by zoskia 
Mechwing - Army of Two (PS3) - Donated by nintendoeats 
BjornTheUnicorn - Max Payne (PS2) - Donated by  nintendoeats 
CaptainCody - Just Cause 2 (PC - Steam code) - Donated by mosdl 
waitwhat - Half-Life 2 (PC - Steam gift) - Donated by rentfn
-------         
Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By RelentlessKnight

I want Splinter Cell Double Agent
My longest car trip would be when I went to New York City from Toronto

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#3  Edited By Little_Socrates

I drove from Los Angeles up to San Francisco, through Las Vegas and then eventually back to Chicago once. The longest day of that trip was definitely Lake Tahoe to Las Vegas, though, partially because we got lost; we drove about 10 hours that day.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

still going for turning point 

my sister went to school in Illinois, we lived in maryland. we drove her out (12 hours) stayed for an hour to help her unpack, then drove back. (12 hours). i was too young to drive, but my parents and brother switched on and off so we didnt have to stop

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Commisar123

I also drove from lake tahoe to las vegas once and that was a long trip but I think the longest was from Chicago to New York that was fun

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

In high school my buddies and I drove from Indiana to Florida, that was a 16 hour drive.  The longest I've ever driven personally was 12 hours straight on the way from New Orleans to Milwaukee, part of which was through a tornado in Mississippi, which we didn't realize was actually a tornadic storm until we stopped for gas and the attendant told us that a few people had died from the tornado in the next town over...crazy shit.
yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By yoshimitz707

It would probably be the 13-14 hour drive from Edmonton to Vancouver when moving here.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

A couple of days, to my memory.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Yanngc33

I'll take that that Half Life Episode One :) 

My longest car ride was a car ride to Rome that took 12 hours

Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Fontan

My longest car trip would be a 16-hour long trip to Foz do Iguaçu, on the state of Paraná, Brazil. It took a while getting there, but it was worth it.

Dunno if I have to state which game I'd like or if it's random, but in case it's the former I'd go for Portal.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By landon

I would enjoy Splinter Cell. Yes please.

Longest car trip? I went to the beach with a buddy one year. Took nearly 10 hours.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By melcene

My longest car trip was taking the long way back from Tri-Cities in Eastern Washington to our home about 20 miles south of Seattle at the time.  Rather than take the normal route, we had to go down into Oregon and up through Portland because a blizzard had followed us across the mountains.  I can't remember how long it took.  It was just incredibly stressful, and we finally got home at about 5 or 6am.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By louiedog

Longest trip for me was probably Northeast PA to Southern VA. I generally fly for long trips.

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HereAllDay

I'm trying for HL2 Ep1.

I live in the United Arab Emirates and my longest car trip was to Oman, took quite a few hours , actually ran out of gas at one point and my family and I were helped out by a random stranger.
WJist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By WJist

Last year, I drove to Tallahassee from Washington DC straight to see some friends from high school. It was a lot of fun, and Tally has some great restaurants, but the trip culminated in a 4 hour reunion with an attractive ex. She might still have feelings for me, but I'm content to never go back there to find out, because Florida is a crazy place. Took me 13 hours there, and 13 hours back. Nearly killed me. 
Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By killroycantkill

I'd like Double Agent.

My longest trip is driving from Hamilton Ontario Canada to Huber Heights Ohio. Which is about 7 hours of straight driving. I didn't let anyone else drive and it was night time most of the time and I had no one to talk to because everyone was asleep LOL.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By nintendoeats

Obviously I'm not entering for anything, but I drove from Windsor, Nova Scotia to Toronto to see Interpol. We did the whole thing in 2 and a half days, which is pretty damned good time.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vestigial_Man

I have road trip inferiority :( My longest drive was from Moray in the northeast of Scotland down to Hull in the southeast of England, it only took 10 hours and it was on a bus, not a car. Britain's a pretty tiny place compared to America.

KimParnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KimParnage

Longest trip was from Denmark to italy but due to the fact that i was about 5 years old, i have no memories of it... the longest trip i remember was from denmark to germany... not the longest trip but it counts.. :)

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By ssj4raditz

Longest car trip I've ever been on was from home in Colorado Springs, CO to my Aunt Brenda's house in Flint, MI; all told about a 20 hour trip, give or take 30 minutes.

Penelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Penelope

I'll take any game if I win.

Roughly 28 hours.

For spring break one year I drove straight from St. Paul, MN, to Portland, OR. I left at 4PM, and got there roughly 10PM the next day.

Beautiful drive, but it got to be a little trippy watching the sun set, rise, then set again.

How do you do it? Energy drinks and cigarettes.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By conker

My longest car trip was from ottawa to detroit. Ya not that long but still.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One hour left!

Amilmitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Amilmitt

Longest car trip would have been, from BC to Nova Scotia, visiting family.  there and back took about 2 weeks.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Skald

Calgary, Canada to Nogales, Mexico.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contest closed! The winner will be PMed and a new contest will begin Monday night!