Geoff Keighley Rips on Interviewer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By RichardLOlson

Angry Joe smells like a bean burrito with extra guacamole.  And Geoff Keighley smells like a shitty douche that has been up a fat chick ass for 2 yrs.  They both suck and I have no respect for either of them.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Jeffsekai

Angry Joe insults Jeff, Jeff gets angry. JOE GETS ANGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@theoracleofgame: I agree with you, Geoff comes off as a douche in this. Also, people need to stop hating on Angry Joe he is great and did nothing wrong. 
Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By lapsariangiraff
@Brendan: I can understand how you feel about me, but please respond to my answer to your comment, rather than taking a previous comment and discussing that instead. I'm not on a mission, this is the only site I've posted on about this, and I'm not a troll. 
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Afroman269

Not even going to bother watching the whole thing. That retard is nitpicking the shit of it, sounds like he just has a personal vendetta against Geoff before he even got to him.

DaManGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By DaManGB

Geoff did promise him 15 minutes, and he could have also showed a little respect and not ignore Joe while he was asking him a question. Although Joe is acting like a whiny bitch.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By weltal

God, this video is hilarious. I don't even hate Angry Joe or anything but this video is so pathetic and whiny it's a joy to watch.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Vonocourt
"What about a bout between two fighters in a upcoming game instead of musical acts"

Was he talking like MMA fighters or something, or like a Ryu and Akuma going at it with choreogrpahy? Like what?
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jeffsekai
@DaManGB said:
" Geoff did promise him 15 minutes, and he could have also showed a little respect and not ignore Joe while he was asking him a question. Although Joe is acting like a whiny bitch. "
Did Geoff promise him? like who was he msging.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Eh, I watched it anyway. Angry Joe is a horrible interviewer. That's what I took from that video. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#61  Edited By Yummylee
@Weltal said:
" God, this video is hilarious. I don't even hate Angry Joe or anything but this video is so pathetic and whiny it's a joy to watch. "
The best part was when Joe was stating how he 'got to Geoff, he caught him unprepared, really got under his skin' ect... I mean, during this 20 minute long rant about how much hurt Geoff's metaphorical nipple twister gave him. Irony has never been so delicious.
Avatar image for depressing_wizard
Depressing_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've always hated Geoff, now I hate this Joe guy, too.

DaManGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By DaManGB
@Jeffsekai said:
" @DaManGB said:
" Geoff did promise him 15 minutes, and he could have also showed a little respect and not ignore Joe while he was asking him a question. Although Joe is acting like a whiny bitch. "
Joe was sent an invitation to the VGA's by email, so apparently he said that they exchanged a couple of emails about an interview.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jeffsekai
@DaManGB said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @DaManGB said:
Joe was sent an invitation to the VGA's by email, so apparently he said that they exchanged a couple of emails about an interview. "
Well, if he wanted a sit down interview he should have sat down with him not called him over like a prick right before the show started.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Doctorchimp
@theoracleofgame: I'm around 14 minutes, and the line where he goes "HE THOUGHT I WAS JUST RANDOM YOUTUBER!!! THAT I WOULDN"T PUT THE FOOTAGE UP JUST CAUSE HE DESTROYED ME???" We already know you put the footage up after you were destroyed, thanks for the redundant answer Joe.

I just want to know what the hell he was on...subsequently I want to know what you wanted... 

Did you want us all to rally together for a poor interviewer? He seriously wanted them to pay for their crimes in the past shows? Why? Who cares?
DaManGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DaManGB
@Jeffsekai said:
" @DaManGB said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @DaManGB said:
Joe was sent an invitation to the VGA's by email, so apparently he said that they exchanged a couple of emails about an interview. "
Well, if he wanted a sit down interview he should have sat down with him not called him over like a prick right before the show started. "
Yea, thats true.
benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By benpicko

Wow, Joe is an asshole.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#68  Edited By tearhead
@President_Barackbar said:
" @Tearhead said:
" Just seems like a situation where two people were forced to talk in an environment they didn't want to be in. Joe wanted a more formal interview and Geoff didn't want to use his time talking to Joe when he has the show to run. They both kind of came off as dicks, but that was inevitable given the situation. Also, Joe is pissing me off more, however, because he just made a video bitching about another person but not really talking about anything (I didn't watch the whole video, so maybe after I stopped watching Joe began to discuss something relevant, I will never know). "
Well, the reason Joe made this video is that he really, REALLY hates the VGA's and this gave him more of a reason to hate them. "
Sure, but that doesn't warrant a 24 minute video where he just bitches about the guy. Youtube already has me covered on that shit, and their limit is like 10 minutes.
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#69  Edited By spankingaddict

It definiley seemed like Geoff had something stuck up his ass... Lost some respect for him. He acted like he was better then Angry Joe.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jeffsekai

After watching the whole thing I get where the dude is coming from, but the way he went after Jeff like that in that setting is just asking to be shown the door. and then trying the same thing in front of other people...yeaaaaa

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By killroycantkill

A lot of Geoff's answers were legit, but Joe comes off as a douche. Even though the VGAs arn't really for "gamers" I still do agree that they should try to be less Bro'd out and more about the games and the creators.

Also less My Chemical Romance is always a good thing.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Portis

Oh my. I couldn't watch more than a minute of that. 

'Angry Joe' obviously thinks he is being the voice of gamers, asking the 'real' questions but in reality he is just being annoying. I absolutely cannot blame Geoff Keighley for reacting the way that he did.

Begemot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Begemot

First time of hearing Angry Joe. He's a nobody, why does he expect something when he's nothing? Way to make an interview dramatic. Pathetic guy.

PS: that 'stash and haircut. LOL

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74  Edited By demontium
@HubrisRanger: Geoff is kinda Geoff
NAKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By NAKent

Dude, Angry Joe has 'this but this' game reviewing down to a fucking science. But on the point, Angry Joe tries to burn Geoff before seeing the show and Geoff was all like "fuck that and fuck you". Probably what I would've done. Fuck that guy. And to the point of Geoff being in a rush, dude is always in a rush even on his own show. Maybe he does cocaine, I hear its a trade secret.

cnlmullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By cnlmullen

Complaining about the VGA awards is like complaining about the Grammys...

I kind of pity anyone who has their priorities mixed up enough to actually take that stuff seriously. Really.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By StaticFalconar
@theoracleofgame: This angry joe feller was shouting a bit too much for my taste, I don't even want to hear his side of the story if he's just gonna yell it to me. I stopped the video about 8 minutes in. 
SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SARRISS

wow, couldn't even finish this video. What a prick, yes I mean the internet nobody "Angry Joe." Its hard for him to make any point about this interview when he keeps foaming at the mouth not to mention his total lack of basic video game knowledge. As an interviewer he is expected to known something about the industry and he can't even list off a few mmo's. He needs to do his homework and write down the questions. Seriously "Angry Joe," we have wikipedia now and you didn't know about the selection process for the awards, come on man. 

side note, don't much care for the show since it started and skipped this one. Geoff Keighley isn't exactly a dick in my books just a busy man, why interview during the awards and not after, at least then he'd know what the show is.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#79  Edited By yetiantics

Ehh, I like Joe.  
His reviews are funny, but... all these questions he's asking in this interview just comes out mis-informed and stuff. 
Geoff , however, shouldn't have agreed to be interviewed by a YouTuber... maybe he did it to prove a point. "Gamers dunno shit".

Drakkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Drakkel

The real issue here is that he went into this thing as "Angry Joe, the character from my internet review show" rather than "Joe the Games Journalist." A fictional character that gets mad at video games might make for entertaining show, but it sure as heck won't get you very far in the real life business. Even if you agree with him that the VGAs suck, which I personally do, you still have to be professional about it. People aren't going to do interviews with a guy who says their game/event sucks to their face, no matter how true it may be.

That said, I don't think he's a bad guy or anything. He just needs to get a handle on when it's appropriate to be "in character" and when to be professional.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really a fan of either of the dudes, but if someone acted like this to me in an interview, I would probably be a dick back.  Geoff really didn't over-react in my opinion.  Joe was being an ass and had a holier-than-thou attitude the whole time.
blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82  Edited By blackbird415

I think you guys are slamming angry joe when he shows us the people we think we can trust for games and show the really them. A spike tv executive producer, not a real journalist. Thats what I see geoff keiley as and ive lost my respect for him seeing how he conducts business like that. Hes part of a major corporation he knows how to conduct interviews and how they work. Not this last minute bullshit he pulled on angry joe

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#83  Edited By apathylad

I don't know much about Angry Joe, but I know he has a following, making appearances with the Nostalgia Critic and friends on ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com. I thought both of them came out looking pretty bad in the interview. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By TwoOneFive

I know joe is a bit of a douche himself... but come on.. Geoff is a fuckin asswipe who is hellbent on becoming some kind of videogame celebrity. I don't know anyone who really actually likes the guy. 

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By DougQuaid
BODY LANGUAGE IS EVERYTHING. DO YOU THINK JEFF HAS TO SCRATCH HIS FACE? OR IS IT THAT HE THINKS JOE IS WASTING HIS TIME?" 

If body language is everything, Joe's speaks volumes about him.  He comes off as a total prick.

Guess what, people who "have a problem with the VGAs" don't fucking care to even watch the VGAs. 

This guy seems to have his heart in the right place, but came completely unprepared, in 'attack' mode and didn't expect Geoff to fight back.    
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Doctorchimp
@blackbird415 said:
" I think you guys are slamming angry joe when he shows us the people we think we can trust for games and show the really them. A spike tv executive producer, not a real journalist. Thats what I see geoff keiley as and ive lost my respect for him seeing how he conducts business like that. Hes part of a major corporation he knows how to conduct interviews and how they work. Not this last minute bullshit he pulled on angry joe "
Angry Joe could have gotten one after the show...but he decided he NEEDED to do it BEFORE he even saw this year's show...on top of that he let the interview happen on the carpet outside. 

Joe was an amateur out of the gate and then he immediately came at Geoff like he was the only one representing gamer's interest attack mode, dude deserved the every bit of that reaction from geoff
Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Lautaro
@xobballox said:
" Not really a fan of either of the dudes, but if someone acted like this to me in an interview, I would probably be a dick back.  Geoff really didn't over-react in my opinion.  Joe was being an ass and had a holier-than-thou attitude the whole time. "
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#88  Edited By Geno

Geoff might have been a bit rude but Angry Joe comes off as SUPER PRENTENTIOUS, which is far worse. He shot himself in the foot with this video. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TwoOneFive

okay i watched this shit...  

you want a legit interview, stop playin some silly character.  

I want the Giant Bomb crew to interview jeff and field some user questions. 

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Even if Joe to some extent deserved that response, for Geoff to conduct an interview in that way speaks volumes. He was in a position of power and abused it in order to shut down criticism that many gamers share in regards to the VGAs, namely how shitty and disgraceful they are.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By TwoOneFive
@owl_of_minerva: yeah i like that.  

the show sucks and it pretty much always will.  

the SF bout idea is excellent. Anything where they can show people actually playing shit is great and we all know how great SF bouts can be. 
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Geno

After watching the video a bit more it's also clear that Joe has no fucking clue what he's talking about at all (and furthermore in his 'analysis' he isn't even aware that he was clueless during the interview). What. A fucking. Dipshit. He thinks he's speaking for hardcore gamers? I hope he at least knows what irony is. 

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#93  Edited By LeetBalla

I Can't stand Angry Joe. He tries way to be controversial so people will pay attention to him and when someone tries to give this hack a real interview he constantly bashes them. Fuck Angry Joe.

drgrumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By drgrumbles
@Akeldama said:
" Angry Joe is fucking stupid. End. "
BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#95  Edited By BrittonPeele
@spankingaddict said:
" It definiley seemed like Geoff had something stuck up his ass... Lost some respect for him. He acted like he was better then Angry Joe. "
Honestly though... He is. From a career standpoint, from a professional standpoint, from a talent standpoint...

Obviously Geoff isn't perfect - no one is. And while I'm familiar with the work he does, I rarely pay attention to it (I don't watch any G4, I didn't watch the VGAs, etc.), so I'm far from a Keighley fanboy... But I have to take his side on this one.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#96  Edited By Sin4profit

fuck sake, can we keep the drama kids out of the video game journalism, please? thanks.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97  Edited By blackbird415
@Doctorchimp: Ah, but he was simply proving a point about your last comment there and showing that with the level of dusche baggery that runs the show that it will be hard pressed to change.  This was a promised interview. He was not just an ametuer at the gate, he had an appointment for an interview, but was scuffled aside. Joe didnt want to do it at the carpet, it was never planned to be at the red carpet. He was promised an interview he never got. I would be angry too. I would be angry if I saw this and was spike. Geoff did not represent spike to the standards of business as he should as an executive producer of the vga's. After seeing that I wouldnt trust him to run the show again, instead I would put more reputable people to run the show. Think if giant bomb did it :O 

Which would you rather see the VGAs run by geoff keiley or the giant bomb staff? I think thats an easy enough answer there.

@Jeffsekai: Yes he stated in the beginning that he was promised to get a proper interview by gametrailers/spike (same company) when A large company makes such promises its not expected that an interview be conducted in a hap hazard ametuerish way. Based on watching the whole video he was promised a proper interview, but instead had to hunt down geoff to get anything. When the company geoff works for promises and interview with geoff, that is the equivilant of geoff promising an interview
Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By ComradeKritstov

I agree with Joe's viewpoint but he does seem a little over dramatic. He's supposed to be angry, I get it. That was a pretty bad interview though and I don't think anyone should get mad over it. Nothing was really talked about and Joe gets angry over nothing.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By damodar

I feel like Geoff Keighley handled the whole thing intelligently. He knew the guy was gonna try to attack him on all these points, so right out of the gate, he tried to take control of the situation. "HE PUT ME ON THE BACKFOOT RIGHT AWAY" So? Good on him. Then Geoff is somehow an asshole for pointing out how ill-informed and ill-prepared Joe is on all these points? Look how much Joe gets wrong in their 2 minutes together. Imagine if he did get a fifteen minute sit down interview, it would have been way more embarrassing for him. 

Then to cut it in to a half hour rant makes him look even more sad. He was shown up big time by Keighley and acts like a child about the whole thing. The way he thinks he's this ambassador for the intelligent gamer is strange too. 

OP, you weren't really looking for opinions on this, you were just looking for people to agree HEY YEAH! FUCK KEIGHLEY! Joe was there to start some shit, Keighley was having none of it and good on him for the way he handled it.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Geno

Now the I've finished the video my respect for Geoff Keighley has actually increased for him a) putting up with Joe's retarded bullshit and b) knowledgeably addressing each and every one Joe's dumbass questions that could've also been answered with a Google search. I don't like the VGAs more than anyone else but I wouldn't ask questions like "who chooses the games?" since the info has been public knowledge since practically the show's inception. 

Are you sure Angry Joe isn't a "parody" character? I can't imagine a public figure actually being that intensely stupid and oblivious while still holding a fanbase. Not in gaming anyway.