God the final boss sucks.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It's not even fun hard, just long and boring till it gets to the part where it chases you and there are those stupid yellow pieces that can get to be unavoidable if they spawn from your side of the screen. Then you just die and have to do the dumb thing over again. I hate this.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I agree, that boss was frustrating.

Do what I did. Go to sleep, and try in the morning. It is amazing how many times this has helped me get past a difficult section in video games.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Fucking YEP. Fuck that guy. Took me about 30 or 40 tries. Cheap ass bullshit. The worst part is that on one unsuccessful run, I was well over the three-star threshold, but when I finally killed it, I only had just barely gotten the two star score. Never doing that shit again. The yellow circles is exactly where it kept tripping me up, and then the part right after that, which barely gives you any room to maneuver.

I think Geometry Wars has always been kind of cheap to a point, but 3 is ridiculous with how many factors are completely out of your control. This boss really pushed me over the edge. I actually loved this game, but some parts of it can kiss my ass.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@monetarydread: Sleeping on it is exactly how I ended up beating this boss as well. Frustration from losing can really mess with your head. That said, I found this boss to be pretty fun despite that inherent frustration. It's a sweaty palmed, white knuckle, surviving by the skin of your teeth kind of fight, which is exactly what a good skill intensive game needs as a capper.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By kewlsnake

I used the attack drone and turret for this boss. The trick in the early stages atleast is to go full guns blazing going just for the boss.

It's possible to kill him in the first stage before he spawns the diamonds but you'll likely kill him during the spawn of those. After that, line up so that you can immediately start shooting him when he opens up again in the second stage. He should be only allowed to fire off one volley of arrows. After that he'll start his third stage where he'll spawn four mini bosses. Every time you kill a miniboss they will start spawning a different type of enemy. Be ballsy here. Kill the first miniboss (I do left top) after he spawns the blue diamonds, go directly for the second miniboss (right top), you might even get him before he spawns the orange things. After that you can dive directly down in the bottom right corner behind the third miniboss and unload on him. This will get pretty hectic for a moment but it will also cause to just one wave of green squares to spawn. After that deal with the remains of the blue diamonds, orange things, green squares and take down the fourth one that will start showering you with pink squares. This is manageable, you will wear him down eventually. I strongly suggest that you go fast and hard in this stage because the waves of enemies when left unchecked will slow progression down to a crawl.

After the boss opens up again, shoot him and he will start following you around in his fourth stage. Here you can take it slown and methodical. It's very easy to get trapped by the boss and his sides will start getting bigger as the stages progress. I would recommend to focus on the blue diamonds that will begin spawning and when you get a breather, take a few potshots at the boss. I remember going around the level 3-4 times with the boss before I finally took him down and started the next stage. I'm not entirely sure how the next stages progress. I started using bombs when I felt I became overwhelmed with enemies. When the yellow discs began spawning, I used Turret to give me a breather and shortly after that I took down the boss. You're at his final stage when his core isn't covered by rocks anymore.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By YummyTreeSap

Yeah, I did the "sleep on it" thing. Started off a bit rusty, but finally got him in under ten tries, with the #12 high score. I just put on some motivational tunes and got into the zone.

My heart was pounding pretty hard at his final form where he takes up so much real estate. I set off the turret when I was in a pretty bad spot and thought I died by running into him—and probably would have—but I guess the turret nailed him first. Yikes.