#1 Posted by Turbyne (98 posts) -

I only just played the trial but the shooting is surprisingly solid, and the game seems tough as nails on the default diffuculty. However that oddly pitched and modified voice that constantly speaks to you could get annoying.

Anybody else try it yet? I may just purchase it later, it's only ten bucks. It seems to have some substance and quality to it despite being so cheap.

#2 Posted by Grimdaddy (66 posts) -

Just tried it, and despite some problems with lag, it was really solid and fun otherwise. I think I will take a chance on it.

#3 Edited by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

I just got done playing the trial too. It seems fun but I bet it'll be better if I had people with mics to play with. Not to mention that it's only $10 makes it even sweeter. I'm only debating whenever to buy it on XBLA or wait for it to come to PSN next week.

#4 Posted by darkvare (757 posts) -

where do you get the trial?

#5 Posted by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

@darkvare said:

where do you get the trial?

Xbox has the trial on God Mode's game page.

#6 Posted by Turbyne (98 posts) -

@solh0und said:

I just got done playing the trial too. It seems fun but I bet it'll be better if I had people with mics to play with. Not to mention that it's only $10 makes it even sweeter. I'm only debating whenever to buy it on XBLA or wait for it to come to PSN next week.

I'd say whichever side has friends willing to play with you, obviously. I cannot believe how tough this game is. Seems fair though, you can shoot or dodge just about everything.

#7 Posted by Reisz (1455 posts) -

I was Just looking at this on steam, I might give it a shot, seems like more value than I have seen for a while at a $10 price, If any of you other duders want to play it on PC let me know.

#8 Posted by UltimatBlitz (2 posts) -

The steam description says "Characters are fully customizable, both in appearance and equipment". I was wondering if that's more like Boarderlands 2, where you get different heads and outfits to switch around on the 3 characters shown in the main image, or do you really make a character?

#9 Edited by rathantoras (192 posts) -

@ultimatblitz: You can pick from heads and unlock more heads, pick different tops, pants and accessories although the accessories seem only to be glasses, hats are determined by the head you pick. You only unlock things from in game currency and xp which seems pretty easily gotten.

This game seems pretty good, would be cool if more people on here got into it.

p.s. I got it on steam if anyone wants to play.

#10 Posted by zenmastah (871 posts) -

It has some issues it seems.

#11 Posted by EVO (3850 posts) -

From what I saw of the QL it looked like garbage. One man's trash, eh?

#12 Posted by WasabiCurry (419 posts) -

@zenmastah: I saw that WTF yesterday. Totally skipping over this game that is certain.

#13 Posted by slayergnome (121 posts) -

@turbyne: I have been playing this game alot yesterday with my friends. I am actually really enjoying it.

#14 Posted by Turbyne (98 posts) -

@turbyne: I have been playing this game alot yesterday with my friends. I am actually really enjoying it.

Yeah. A lot of people in this thread seem to be sheep. Is the Xbox the only platform with a demo or something? The game is packed with fun for the price.

#15 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Reminds me of killing floor in a way. I might pick it up, thanks for the heads up.

#16 Edited by bigjeffrey (4711 posts) -

I have purchased this on the xbox live marketplace for 10 USD, it's alright MINDLESS SHOOTING.

On a Scale of 30 - 40 i'd give it a 38

#17 Posted by Turbyne (98 posts) -

I have purchased this on the xbox live marketplace for 10 USD, it's alright MINDLESS SHOOTING.

On a Scale of 30 - 40 i'd give it a 38

Big Jeffrey runs famitsu?!

#18 Posted by Aesthetics (13 posts) -

Having played this game for an hour I feel like the melee and dodge are useless. You still take damage no matter what and the actions feel delayed.

#19 Posted by Turbyne (98 posts) -

Having played this game for an hour I feel like the melee and dodge are useless. You still take damage no matter what and the actions feel delayed.

I wouldn't say that. Dodging seems neccesary especially for the boss encounters, it just requires more timing than being completely immediate. You ever play something like hunter monster or dark souls? Completely different game but the dodge is akin to that sort of, depending on the situtation. Some of the enemies are just too fast.

#20 Edited by Yodasdarkside (276 posts) -

Looking forward to trying this on the PS3 later - sometimes you just need a mindless runaround.

#21 Posted by Quarters (1624 posts) -

Quick Look actually looked decent. Might pick it up sometime if they have a sale on consoles.

#22 Posted by Maitimo (176 posts) -

Some friends and I picked it up, price seemed right. It's been okay so far, nothing mind-blowing.

#23 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

I've messed around with it, played one co op game that I got lagged out of. I played a couple arenas by myself which was kind of fun. Like a serious sam spinoff but not quite that level. I think it'll be a much more fun game with people, much like Payday is amazing when played with the right people.

#24 Posted by daddydamron (2 posts) -

I love this games - and so do my friends. Grabbed it for $4.99 off Steam earlier in the week. Actually, it was the 4-pack for like $15 or whatever. Anyways, so much fun. A few of the controls are mad delayed but the Oath system is great, the customization isn't awful and the actual shooting mechanics aren't bad. Anyone looking for friends to play w/, hit me up on Steam.