#1 Edited by mithical (313 posts) -

Just played through the game, really liked it, been reading some of the threads afterwards and discovering some things I missed. I already feel like I combed the house over pretty good and really don't want to give it another go-over, so I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a list of where all the triggers for Sam's journals are? I've got 21 and I read there's 23 total somewhere. Based on a screenshot I know I'm missing at least May 19.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Posted by ThunderWeasel (3 posts) -

May 19 is triggered by finding a story on the table in the kitchen.

I have 22 total. I guess 23 probably counts the last one that ends the game? Either that or I'm missing one and somebody needs to help me find it ASAP.

#3 Posted by ThunderWeasel (3 posts) -

Here's a screenshot of all my journals if it helps.

#4 Posted by Asmo917 (411 posts) -

@thunderweasel: If you're still looking, I think the one you're missing is called Just Gone. It's dated May 1, and for me shows up on the list AFTER the May 19th one. I think it's in the garage, should be pretty obvious what triggers it.

#5 Posted by StarvingGamer (8238 posts) -

@asmo917: I don't know if he was but I was and that was exactly the one I needed so thanks!

#6 Edited by princess_zelda (53 posts) -

The only one I'm missing is "Adjusting to the Dark", I have no idea where it is. Help?

#7 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

@princess_zelda: I think it's in the library in the hidden compartment by the heater, or maybe in the secret passage leading from the library to the parent's closet. I just remember heading up some secret stairs while listening to that log. Also, that is one of my favorite logs.

#8 Posted by princess_zelda (53 posts) -

@raethen: Thanks, it was in that spot by the library heater.

I only missed 3 in my initial playthrough and it's unfortunate that that was one of them.

#9 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

@princess_zelda: Yeah, fortunately I only missed the nunnery one my first play through and it was only really a joke in the log. I've gone back in a few times though for different reasons, and always end by opening the journal. Those last lines for Sam get me every time and I love it.

#10 Edited by Angouri (231 posts) -

I found 23 journals, not including the end in my playthrough. You guys are missing at least one.

#12 Edited by Gnubberen (770 posts) -

I'm missing "I Can Sing" any tips?

*edit* Never mind, found it. It was the Girlsscout setlist, hanging in the basement.

#13 Edited by ThunderWeasel (3 posts) -

@asmo917: Thanks! I found it. If it was non-obvious to anyone else, it's the hat on the bicycle.

@Gnubberen: I don't remember exactly where that one is, but I'm pretty sure it was near a cassette player, either in the basement or in one of the "secret" passageways.

#14 Posted by MattadorD (70 posts) -

I'm missing "Ship Date" and "The Nunnery" so any pointers as to where those are it would be greatly appreciated.

#15 Edited by Raethen (180 posts) -

@mattadord: The Nunnery is found in the hall leading to the dining room/ kitchen area. There is a school folder that lies open, you should probably do something about that. I think Ship Date is towards the start of the basement near the main stairs down. If not, it may be near the area where you find the key for the basement.

#16 Posted by kalmia64 (75 posts) -

Where's "Daniel"? Thanks!

#17 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

@kalmia64: I'm pretty sure that one is in the kitchen.

#18 Posted by planetfunksquad (437 posts) -

I'm missing the one called just gone. Any help?

#19 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -
#20 Posted by kollay (1929 posts) -

Only missing "Default Friends" :( if anyone remembers where it is that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

#21 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

@kollay: I think that may be in the bar room.

#22 Edited by kollay (1929 posts) -

@raethen: Thanks for the fast response! And WOW I can't believe I missed that. An entire freaking room with a door.

#23 Edited by tigerthecat5 (7 posts) -

@raethen: Can you clarify which room you mean by bar room? I'm having trouble finding it.

#24 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

@tigerthecat5: It's the room on the left around the corner from the TV room before the door to the basement.

#25 Posted by Gregalor (57 posts) -

It's referred to as "Music Room" on the map, I think.

#26 Edited by exiler261 (1 posts) -

The last journal isn't the one that ends the game.

It's this hidden one where you find the purple ball in the garage, and dunk it in Sam's room. o_o

Here's how to get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmWByvs40U8

#27 Posted by tigerthecat5 (7 posts) -
#28 Posted by notsonic (213 posts) -

Anyone know where "It's different now" is?

#29 Edited by Daveyo520 (6756 posts) -

@angouri: Can I have hints or just plane tell me where Just Gone and Daniel are? Nevermind got them.

#30 Posted by notsonic (213 posts) -

@exiler261: hey, can you help me with "it's different now"?

#31 Edited by Raethen (180 posts) -

@notsonic: I think that one might be at the bottom of the main stairs to the basement, or possibly where you find the basement key. It's been some time, and I got that one out of order because I went into the basement through the secret stairs.

#33 Posted by notsonic (213 posts) -

@raethen: no good, either I've gotten it and it didn't save, whatever item it might've been glitched out, or I really can't find whatever it is.

#35 Posted by notsonic (213 posts) -

@raethen: found it! it is in the basement, first room at the bottom of the stairs, there's something on the boxes in front of the couch.