This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

A pretty spot on review of the critically acclaimed and revolutionary game Gone Home. (again: THERE ARE SPOILERS)

#2 Edited by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

He's got a pretty huge factual error in there. He says that gay people weren't invented in the 1990s, but what about Freddie Mercury? They were obviously invented in the 70s, they just had a decline in sales during the 1990s, following a strong return 10 years later.

#3 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4963 posts) -

Wait, "revolutionary game?" Last time I checked it was only a really good game.

Nevermind, let's see the video.

Wow, 10 seconds in and it's already full of shit.

#4 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

He's got a pretty huge factual error in there. He says that gay people weren't invented in the 1990s, but what about Freddie Mercury? They were obviously invented in the 70s, they just had a decline in sales during the 1990s, following a strong return 10 years later.

Haha, "invented" ?!
Yeah I'm not watching that

#5 Posted by Landon (4132 posts) -

It wasn't really much of a review. He sort of just mocked it the whole time. I really don't see how this is "stern but fair".

#6 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

I've taken dumps more interesting than that video.

#7 Edited by Landon (4132 posts) -

It wasn't really much of a review. He sort of just mocked it the whole time. I really don't see how this is "stern but fair".

Edit: Also, this is The Best Gamers, who are pretty much cancer in video game review form.

#8 Edited by BeachThunder (11795 posts) -

I invented gay people in the 60s, you all need to pay be royalties!

I appreciate the Jazz Jackrabbit music though.

#9 Posted by KoolAid (890 posts) -

I'm pretty sure the video is supposed to be a parody. The part where he said there were no gay people in the 90s tipped me off.

#10 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

Wait, "revolutionary game?" Last time I checked it was only a really good game.

"Really good" is also in question.

#11 Edited by DonutFever (3550 posts) -

@koolaid said:

I'm pretty sure the video is supposed to be a parody. The part where he said there were no gay people in the 90s tipped me off.

I think so too, but he clearly doesn't have a positive opinion of the game (and seemingly for pretty weak reasons).

I hate how people are saying this isn't a game, though. It's about as much of a game as something like Ace Attorney or LA Noire, which I don't remember getting these sorts of complaints.

#12 Posted by Baal_Sagoth (1252 posts) -

Nice, very blatant and unsubtle idea. But actually not terribly executed here and there (judging by the Gone Home, Dead Island: Riptide, The Last of Us and Bastion pieces I just watched). Good satiric counterbalance to gaming press trends. It's the irreverent reaction the super-serious, politically correct segment of critics and fans deserve. People taking this seriously, even for a moment, in this thread really says it all. Desperate to be outraged about anything at all. Watching that channel for more than a couple of minutes is probably going to drive you insane though.

#13 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

Hilarious stuff. Good comedy. 5 stars.

Isn't this YouTube spam?

#14 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@milkman said:

Hilarious stuff. Good comedy. 5 stars.

Isn't this YouTube spam?

It's an honest review. I've seen topics with review videos before.

#15 Posted by Hunter5024 (5600 posts) -

I wish I knew the ghost of a gay high school girl.

#16 Posted by Chaser324 (6390 posts) -

Locking this down. It is essentially just Youtube spam.