• 64 results
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Poll Are you excited for GTA V? (248 votes)

I'm Still excited 64%
I'm not Too excited 23%
I have PC 31%

So, as I stare at my desktop, I start to wonder if I've been excited for this games,. at all. I mean, I have the wallpaper, so I must be excited, right? I've been reading EDGE Magazine, and Game Informer articles for the last couple of months, and I've start to get pretty worried about this game. When I buy games, I play the whole thing, multiplayer and all. I never stay on the multiplayer for long, as I'm usually doing school stuff anyway, or just moving on to new games. To be clear, I used to have a 360, but it red ringed. I have a PS3 now, and I'm currently saving up for a Xbox ∞. You might of seen my posts, being annoying about the new Xbox, and all that next-gen stuff. But this is almost mostly about GTA.

I mean, the things I'm actually worried about this game are kind of the most obvious things.

• The framerate is not going to be that great. Its going to chug sometimes.
    • The load times are gonna be weird, kind of.
    • Multiplayer: is gonna be a lot like Red Dead and GTA IV, big for like 3 days, a week at most
      • Multiplayer won't be that great anyway, i.e. Capture The Stash and drive back all the way across town
    • Controls might be weird, mostly have issues with the target reticle and the dead zone
    • Mowing down people might look weird, health bars on everyone might look weird,
      • Running animations might look weird
      • Falling animation, into ragdoll physics (Well crashing can be fun sometimes, flying 100 feet.)
    • Voice acting while driving might be weird, i.e. running around, catching fire, and then trying to jump into a car
    • Car physics, handling might be about the same
    • Xbox Exclusive DLC

I know this might all sound like complaining, I'm just worried Rockstar doesn't give a fuck about what the gamer really wants, and they're really telling us what want. E.g. You want GTA, so here. I'm worried that GTA is not going to stand up high enough to Next-Gen standards. I mean, the Next-Gens will be That new right? So, I mean that much better than current Gen, its only by a couple of months.

I mean the point is that, I believe that Next-Gen is really gonna bring better matchmaking, cooler physics, and better explosions. Not just better graphics or that good shit. I bring up PC though, because PC won't really notice any of this stuff, PC people will just buy it whenever, not having to worry about low-res shadows. I.e. Looking for a pigeon under the bridge.

I'm worried about the podcaster rumors that game companies will just re-release games on Next-Gen stuff. But Dammit, Rockstar has said time and time again, that GTA is made for current gen, and they're just not thinking about Next Gen GTA.

Ubisoft caters to what the people want, releasing games on both generations, and will roll with the punches on whatever DRM the console manufacturers decide on. It'd be way easier if Xbox would just implement a, 'Steam-Key,' like system. I just don't see it happening. I see a shit storm coming, and the consumer is gonna face the brunt of it, when all I wanna do is play some damn good games, multiplayer with all the best social messaging features and all.

• 
pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pr1mus

Yes, very.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Oi, the multiplayer in both GTAIV and RDR lasted a pretty long while. In fact to this day Rockstar still hold multiplayer sessions where they'll play with the community at that.

I'm very excited for GTAV in any case, but I'm also highly cautious about how it's going to run on consoles. RDR was perfectly fine at least (well, besides all of the launch day wonkiness, which I was fortunate enough to avoid), so that gives me some peace of mind.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

So very excited. Can't wait. The delay really bummed me out.

One thing about your post: they haven't even showed the multiplayer and have said it will be very different from what they've done in the past. We will see, but I wouldn't write it off and I wouldn't assume it will be the same, as you say it was before.

And for some of your complaints, GTA has the best and most interesting physics in any games I've played.For characters, they have by far the best. How many other games even let characters ragdoll and then go back into animation? Not many, and this isn't just your average ragdoll either. So I don't get that complaint. If this is building off Max Payne 3, the reaction for characters being hit or shot should be incredible (as it was there).

I love how their games handle and prefer it to any other third person game out. If this game handles like Max Payne 3 I will be in heaven. There is no better third person shooter mechanically.

The character switching is also a really interesting mechanic.

So personally I still can't wait. By far my most anticipated game. I plan on getting it on console and then PC whenever that is. Hope it's not too long of a wait.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Not even a little bit.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Of course I'm excited. Rockstar generally delivers top notch experiences. I've enjoyed all of the GTA games to date, so I don't see why I wouldn't enjoy this one.

Then again, I play games on PC, so I'll have to wait (who knows how long) to play it.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Also, you say Rockstar doesn't give a fuck what gamers want... do their games not sell well? I think RDR and GTA IV show that they give gamers what they want. This game is also hugely anticipated. So not sure I follow you.

I didn't really follow any of your last three paragraphs though.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I gotta say, the physics and driving model in GTA IV have given me the most fun out of any open world game i've ever played. If they can keep that base and improve on it it's gonna be awesome.

And there's no other developer that comes even close to Rockstar when it comes to building a detailed, living, breathing world. 5 years and counting, Liberty City is still a technical masterpiece.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Aetheldod

Not too exited ... because Im burned out at the moment with GTA (not saying it will be bad or anything , just not so exited to play new one... eventually perhaps) But you are assuming that new console will come out this year ..... which I think they wont , so I dunno what is your beef dude.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, you say Rockstar doesn't give a fuck what gamers want... do their games not sell well? I think RDR and GTA IV show that they give gamers what they want. This game is also hugely anticipated. So not sure I follow you.

Mm, I mean they do have a good track record. I'm just worried the game story and the cutscenes aren't going to be on par with minute to minute gameplay. The little things. That Watch Dogs demo sure upped the game I think. I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm just annoyed that R* has almost confirmed that this won't re-release on next-gen.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm pretty excited about it. Rockstar does good work.

Yea, the game might have some issues, but I feel comfortable knowing from what I've read Rockstar is making sure this title is on point. Like others have said I might be a little burned out on open world titles but Rockstar seems to make that world feel a little more "alive".

Sad we have to wait til September, but I'd rather the game get that little extra bit of polish.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Well, I mean, I think I might just surprise myself when it comes out I guess. I think IV just left an odd impression with me. V's crop fields and the canyons do seem neat. Still though, this is all mostly campaign stuff. If they can put some smaller levels in multplayer, like they did with Max Payne 3, I guess it might be fine.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I mean, I think I might just surprise myself when it comes out I guess. I think IV just left an odd impression with me. V's crop fields and the canyons do seem neat. Still though, this is all mostly campaign stuff. If they can put some smaller levels like they did with Max Payne 3, I guess it might be fine.

Not sure yet, but it seems like they may have some tighter and more interesting mission design. The character switching could allow this, and the fact that they are having an original score for missions also hints that this could possibly be something of a focus as well.

@artisanbreads said:

Mm, I mean they do have a good track record. I'm just worried the game story and the cutscenes aren't going to be on par with minute to minute gameplay. The little things. That Watch Dogs demo sure upped the game I think. I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm just annoyed that R* has almost confirmed that this won't re-release on next-gen.

I think that's just something you have to accept. The game has been delayed and in development for like 5 years. So it's just this gen. We've gotten great games released at the end of console generations before.

Plus, I bet we see another Red Dead not too far into the next gen. And that should be amazing.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Yes my favourite gaming franchise, Rockstar just make the best game stories and a game world that has alot of personality, something that holds me back from other open world games where everything just looks so clean. I love the tone of the trailers released so far, the Tony Soprano type character really has me interested, I think it was the scene of him at his sons principal's office that really hooked me in, weird right?

I really hope they include some of the more multiplayer mods into the multiplayer, Busted! has to be in there.

Loading Video...

God Dammit a GTA IV TNT is way overdue!

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I am deathly afraid of it in fact.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm going to wind up playing this on both console and PC aren't I (just like IV and both Arkham games - hell, like Bully [Canis Canem Edit why can't we get the good names in the US??!!!] I might have to have 3 copies of it...)?

<sigh>

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way it could be anything less than awesome.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes my favourite gaming franchise, Rockstar just make the best game stories and a game world that has alot of personality, something that holds me back from other open world games where everything just looks so clean. I love the tone of the trailers released so far, the Tony Soprano type character really has me interested, I think it was the scene of him at his sons principal's office that really hooked me in, weird right?

I really hope they include some of the more multiplayer mods into the multiplayer, Busted! has to be in there.

Loading Video...

I'm still watching this!, this is great! Good ol' PC.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck yes.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@bourbon_warrior said:

Loading Video...

I'm still watching this!, this is great! Good ol' PC.

Yea GB should organize a PC GTA IV TNT, with some crazy free roam rules like this

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll continue to get more excited the more I hear and see about GTA V. I'm most interested in how the "alternate between characters at any time" mechanic shakes up the open world formula.

It would be a deep shame for R* not to release this game for PC.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By crusader8463

Nope. Still no word on PC and GTA 4 was a bad/late port. So until I hear otherwise, I have no desire to play the game.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely. I am a little burned out on open world but this is GTA. I have had a lot of fun with every single GTA game released to this point.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SKELETONS IN YO CLOSETTT~

That trailer made me feel so excited when it launched and I'm still excited.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, Well I guess I got re-excited. So, kay. I do remember reading in EDGE Magazine that it'll feature hunting, like for bobcats and stuff. That was my favorite part of Red Dead, so I guess I'll be fine.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By musubi

Nope. Will I buy it? I'll have to answer that closer to launch. I might end up still buying it though but GTA has never been a series I get excited over its just a series I always end up playing regardless. So I'll most likely play it but then again I might be on lock-down saving up for console mode by then. Cause honestly, I'm prob going to buy the PS3 version of Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge and Dragon's Dogma:Dark Arisen but other than that I honestly have no excitement for anything else this year so far.

MrT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not to excited, how come there is no I'm not excited? I personally think GTA is horrible.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrt said:

I'm not to excited, how come there is no I'm not excited? I personally think GTA is horrible.

That's fine. I think that might be I have a PC, too.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah man it looks good I can't wait to pla.... wait, what? No PC release date? Well fuck me, nevermind then.

But seriously, I really hope it comes out on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca25b1c8f18a
deactivated-5ca25b1c8f18a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think back to San Andreas, which is still my far favorite, even though when it came out it was also really chugging compared to some games and was only a bit before the new generation of consoles hit - it didn't look as good as lots of other games, it had its weird quirks, but what makes GTA great is not physics, not tech - it's their creativity, their world-building, their characters, and the heart they put in their games. So i'm not worried at all on the tech side.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have a PC and am still fucking excited.

McTangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. I have a PC, so it'll be another thousand years before a version is released that even resembles anything that functions.

Shut up and release, almost everyone I know is sick of them trickling data out like it's some huge deal. They don't even need to advertise, just release the damn game.

Also, the 360 and PS3 versions seem totally illogical to me, why not just push it back until the next gen? Maybe they'll do a dual-release? Who knows?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Extremely excited, the game is looking pretty fantastic from the little I can surmise from what we've seen so far, hopefully the info dump later this week will induce even more hype.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm looking forward to it. It's hard to get fully excited about a series I have always had issues with. I liked GTA IV a bunch despite the shitty combat, lack of checkpoints and some pretty dull/predictable mission design. The world and characters were amazing though.

I loved the hell out of Red Dead as it fixed most of my issues with that style of game.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By Seppli

Very excited, though I'd love to play it on a next gen system. Don't think I'll be able to hold off, if that isn't possible day and date of its initial release.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By ObsideonDarman

I'm incredibly excited for this. Can't stop watching the Michael trailer. Radio Ga Ga has been stuck in my head since watching it for the first time.

IF they were to announce it for next gen systems though then I might just buy it for that.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hitchenson

I'm ridiculously excited! I've watched the Michael. Franklin. Trevor trailer about 20ish times thus far. GTA's always been in a league of its own for me and I've no doubt that this will continue the trend.

So stoked.

(Sure, I'm a tad bummed that there won't be a PC version at launch, but meh, I'll get both the PS3 version and the inevitable PC version down the line)

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nadafinga

@seppli said:

Very excited, though I'd love to play it on a next gen system. Don't think I'll be able to hold off, if that isn't possible day and date of its initial release.

I've been wondering if it will come out on next gen as well. Not sure if there's a marketing strategy to holding off on announcing it for next gen (Assassin's Creed 4 has been announced for current and next gen both, so its not unheard of), but you'd think that people would get even more excited for it if it was coming to new consoles.

My money is on GTAV not coming to next gen consoles, and because of that, it will probably be one of the last current gen games I play before I get a PS4.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to play this game! Sure, i'd rather play it on my PC day 1, not going to happen though, so i'll make do with my xbox.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I was disappointed when I found out that GTA V was only set in Los Santos and not all of San Andreas.

I completely lost interest when I found out that Michael was called Michael and not old Tommy Vercetti and Franklin was called Franklin and not 'CJ' Carl Johnson.

I'll still play it I guess.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been a year of major disappointments for me with publishers pushing out new installments in major franchises with little interest in how enjoyable they are. Unlike anything from EA or Ubisoft, I can trust Rockstar to do what they're really good at and not just dump out a new game to make a quick buck.

There is no reason to be even half as cynical about this game as people have been. Maybe GTA's getting into the same pattern as Zelda where people automatically assume they're just going to put out more of the same, but GTA IV wasn't exactly a copy of any of their previous games and it had some really interesting DLC as well, especially the Lost and Damned.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

B and C

I literally could not give any less of a fuck about GTA. I've never liked the series.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super fucking excited, ESPECIALLY if it comes out on PS4

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still excited and have PC, but am willing to lug my PS3 to college just to play it when it comes out.

IcedWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand now they haven't announced a PC version I thought you were implying PC gamers can't be excited! Ha ha

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very much so. So much so, that I'm willing to dig my xbox out of my closet to play it.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what causes me to yawn more: Call of Duty, or Rockstar crime games :/

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jace

@pr1mus said:

I gotta say, the physics and driving model in GTA IV have given me the most fun out of any open world game i've ever played. If they can keep that base and improve on it it's gonna be awesome.

And there's no other developer that comes even close to Rockstar when it comes to building a detailed, living, breathing world. 5 years and counting, Liberty City is still a technical masterpiece.

I agree completely. And even if R* give in to the people who complain because they were shit at driving in GTAIV, modders will fix it on PC anyway. So, I'm not too worried about that.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is GTA V? I kid but SR3 kind of ruined this for me. I don't think I can take a game like this seriously any longer.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

What is GTA V? I kid but SR3 kind of ruined this for me. I don't think I can take a game like this seriously any longer.

fuck saints row 3