"Bad Sport"/"Dunce Cap" - Do You Like The System?

• 73 results
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Poll "Bad Sport"/"Dunce Cap" - Do You Like The System? (142 votes)

Yes. 42%
No. 25%
Whaa? See results. 32%

After 2-3 weeks of playing, I finally got put in the dunce pool for the first time. Guess all those blown up personal cars and rage quits finally caught up with me. And I fucking hate it. Matchmaking has been shit before, now it's just impossible. I guess as a punishment, it is effective - but really, I was on the verge of quitting before, and this just kinda pushes me over the edge.

It's definitely taking things too far, as far as I'm concerned.

• 
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

It took me forever to find the report button. I assume that would put people in bad sport matchmaking. I know the commend button helps get you out of bad sport and that button is also impossible to find. I assume it also gets you good sport points, but no one uses the report/commend because they are so buried. It could be implemented better, kind of like everything Rockstar has ever done with their multiplayer.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I think it's dumb and you're a bad sport if you report people.

I don't take kindly to rats.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Coafi

Well, if you accidentally blew up their personal cars, then I feel your pain. If you went around being a dick for no reason at all, then you deserve to be put there! I think Rockstar should make a FFA lobby where we could just do whatever we want without any consequences (kinda like in GTA IV), although isn't that basically the bad sports lobby?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Seppli

@coafi said:

Well, if you accidentally blew up their personal cars, then I feel your pain. If you went around being a dick for no reason at all, then you deserve to be put there! I think Rockstar should make a FFA lobby where we could just do whatever we want without any consequences (kinda like in GTA IV), although isn't that basically the bad sports lobby?

Most personal cars got blown up in legit fights, not that I didn't do one or the other dastardly thing. As for the ragequitting, sometimes I just can't take it anymore and I quit. Mostly if disruptive dicks give no shits about winning a race and constantly do nothing but ramming me, or if I fuck up too much myself.

That said, let's put that into context. I've played this game A LOT. I'm level 78 (and lost a lvl 26 character), and I'd say 80%-90% of the time I'm a better sport than most. It's like my good behaviour doesn't count, unless someone commends me (which nobody does unless asked to, and I certainly don't go pestering people to commend me). My *Bad Sport* actions are insignificant in the whole picture, but they get registered automatically.

What do they expect? That I'm acting the flippin' saint all of the time? Over like 150+ hours of gameplay I've accumulated enough Bad Sport taint to get thrown in the Dunce pool. If it'd be put into balance with my good behaviour, I'd never ever be counted as a Bad Sport. It's a load of bullshit.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a bad system, good idea but its really badly implimented.

I got stuck with bad sport for awhile because i quit a race when i got a real life phonecall.

If you're in bad sport just do races and dont quit anything. And ask people to trade commends with you. You'll get out real fast.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

@clonedzero said:

I got stuck with bad sport for awhile because i quit a race when i got a real life phonecall.

If you're in bad sport just do races and dont quit anything. And ask people to trade commends with you. You'll get out real fast.

How can I race, if there's no races to be joined in the Free Aim dunce pool. I tried for an hour to join a room, always drawn blanks. Matchmaking in Free Aim is horrid even without the burden of Bad Sport.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Rage quitting is the definition of being a bad sport, isn't it? Sounds like you've reaped what you sowed.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MideonNViscera

Well, if you rage quit a lot you kinda deserve it and if matchmaking sucks I guess it's working as intended. If you quit the game I guess we're just losing a rage quitter, and Rockstar's losing nothing.

I do find it pretty retarded that blowing up personal vehicles gets you bad sport though. It only costs $400 to replace.

I'm guessing when I invite someone and it says "BLOCKED" it means they're a bad sport?

EDIT: Why are you setting free aim on to race anyway if you know it makes matchmaking harder?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@clonedzero said:

How can I race, if there's no races to be joined in the Free Aim dunce pool. I tried for an hour to join a room, always drawn blanks. Matchmaking in Free Aim is horrid even without the burden of Bad Sport.

I'd switch to aim assisted during the dunce pool. free aim must be empty

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why complain about what you deserved? You blame the game for your own actions.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like the idea of incentivizing people to stay in a match, but when some of the missions are complete crap or teams are uneven then you are screwed either way. And i have already had people abuse the "report" feature for killing them after they try and kill me in free roam, so i can see that may be a problem if Rockstar doesn't actually look into those. Overall i think its ok, they just need to make some refinements.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MideonNViscera

I think it's dumb and you're a bad sport if you report people.

I don't take kindly to rats.

What a mutha fuckin gangsta!

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jking47

So, you are being a dick in free roam, and rage quit races? Sounds to me like the system is working fine. The game has been very straight up with telling you that bad sports will get punished, its your own fault.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's a fine system. I haven't been labeled as a bad sport, you know why? Because I'm not an asshole. If someone kills me for no good reason the first thing I do is put a bounty on them. If they kill me again I report them in game and I also report them via Xbox Live (by giving them a negative player review).

Anyone who's making annoying noises over voice chat gets the same treatment. If you can't be an adult and play you deserve to be grouped with people like yourself.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blommer4

I have not looked too much into the online, but isn't killing eachother in cool and unique ways something that most people likes? Is there some way to get into the open world where it actually IS up to you what you want, even if it involves screwing someone else over, without getting into problems for it? Or is the only way to kill someone without being taken as a prick in deathmatches etc? I guess the open world I'm thinking about is where you get when you're a bad sport or something, so that's a answer to my question... Kinda... Still, is there no way to swap between two different type of maps, one for role playing and one for PvP + role playing?

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im totally confused. i havent played the multiplayer yet but whats the point of being able to kill each other and blow up each others cars if you can get punished for it? This is grand theft auto. Whats the point of playing the multiplayer if its not to do random shit to other people?

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@coafi said:

Most personal cars got blown up in legit fights, not that I didn't do one or the other dastardly thing. As for the ragequitting, sometimes I just can't take it anymore and I quit. Mostly if disruptive dicks give no shits about winning a race and constantly do nothing but ramming me, or if I fuck up too much myself.

Yeah, I agree with you. I accidentally blew up a players car, but just once. You probably got the bad sport tag for rage quitting too much. I wish the races had more options so we could turn off the ability for people to ram into each other, that's just the worst thing about them.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Skyrider

@tunaburn: I would suggest that the point of multiplayer, if not to do random shit to other people, is to do random shit with other people. All things in moderation, good sir. The system has flaws, but the idea is right. If some people just want to kill other players and try to cost them money for no reason other than just to be dick, then they should be punished and forced to play with like minded individuals. If they don't enjoy that experience, then maybe they should rethink their own actions. Doing some of the things that can cause the bad sport label on occasion is expected, but the system is in place to deal with the people who pretty much only want to do those things.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrider: from what i hear if someone starts shooting me on the game and i kill him and his crew i am now in the duncecap thing. how is that fair though?

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skyrider

@tunaburn said:

@skyrider: from what i hear if someone starts shooting me on the game and i kill him and his crew i am now in the duncecap thing. how is that fair though?

It doesn't happen quite like that really. I've accidentally shot the wrong player, gotten the upper hand on folks who saw fit to attack me for no reason, etc and haven't ended up as a bad sport (note though, I've yet to destroy any other player's personal vehicles). The current system does have the potential to cause what you described, but only if said players are petty enough to all stoop to that level and report you after having already tried to kill you for their amusement. It's absolutely not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tunaburn

@skyrider: how many reports does it seem to take? If i play for a total of 5 hours and get 4 or 5 reports from people being petty and reporting after attacking me first. or reporting for no reason just to be assholes am i now in? Take League of legends as an example. People report everyone for everything in that game. Is it like that?

Also i dont have any friends playing this game. Is it possible to go online and find a group of people to do that random stuff with?

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tunaburn said:

@skyrider: how many reports does it seem to take? If i play for a total of 5 hours and get 4 or 5 reports from people being petty and reporting after attacking me first. or reporting for no reason just to be assholes am i now in? Take League of legends as an example. People report everyone for everything in that game. Is it like that?

Also i dont have any friends playing this game. Is it possible to go online and find a group of people to do that random stuff with?

I honestly have no idea how many reports it would take, nor over what period of time. I'd imagine that most people don't bother with the report function, as like others have mentioned, the option to do so is somewhat buried in menus and doesn't get a mention in any of the GTA Online tips that pop up. Things like quitting in the middle of missions or blowing up other people's personal vehicles will automatically put you closer to being a bad sport, however.

As for finding other people to do random stuff with, it is definitely possible. Not as easy as when you're in a crew, like one of the Giant Bomb ones, but there are plenty other other people without crews or friends online that still want to group up, although it might be harder if you don't have a mic since a lot of people are now wary of random people due to griefers. Joining or hosting missions or races can make it easier for you to find people to run around in freeroam with as well.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should've been an option in the poll. Didn't vote.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This.

I also don't get why people are saying @seppli deserves it. Part of GTA is being an absolute dick because it's FUN so why should we be punished for blowing peoples cars up or killing them? They should strip the insurance from the game. It's dumb that you have to pay $400 whenever your car explodes, it should be free. As someone above said and I've been saying for 2 weeks now, they should make a lobby for people who don't want to deal with all the bullshit Rockstar cooked up like losing money when dying, being a bad sport, gaining wanted levels, etc. The most fun I have with GTAO is when I'm playing with my friends and we're killing and blowing each other up. But all the little things I said above make it fucking aggravating after a while. Why are there consequences? Because fuck you Rockstar.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@tunaburn: You should be ok so long as you don't go around blowing up peoples cars and quitting games. The guy who said he reported me apparently told his crew to report me as well, and nothing has come of it since, not even a pop-up that normally happens when you do something wrong. So either he had a small crew and it wasn't enough to put me with the bad players, or Rockstar does some kind of checks to make sure its not being abused like that. And i didn't even know that there was a way to report people till this thread, so its probably not too rampant a problem.

riddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By riddles

I assume they make you pay $2k each time you die, and a certain amount each time your car dies, as a way of draining money out of the economy. A way of trying to encourage you to spend real money for GTA$. However "punishing" players for engaging in what a lot of people see as a fundamental part of the game is NOT the way to run a microtransaction store. Put up a store where you can buy exclusive clothes, cars, property for real money - all vanity items, but not this. It stinks of a last minute addition that shouldnt have gone in.

But on topic, the Bad Sport system is a nice idea in principle, but its broken - I agree with what's been said before - punish frequent quitters, but not killers. And if you want to take it a step further, remove the kinda-broken passive mode and make PvP and PvE freeroam servers - the same way mmos have been doing it for years. Then GTA Online will go from being awesome, to fucking awesome :)

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@coafi said:

That said, let's put that into context. I've played this game A LOT. I'm level 78 (and lost a lvl 26 character), and I'd say 80%-90% of the time I'm a better sport than most. It's like my good behaviour doesn't count, unless someone commends me (which nobody does unless asked to, and I certainly don't go pestering people to commend me). My *Bad Sport* actions are insignificant in the whole picture, but they get registered automatically.

What do they expect? That I'm acting the flippin' saint all of the time? Over like 150+ hours of gameplay I've accumulated enough Bad Sport taint to get thrown in the Dunce pool. If it'd be put into balance with my good behaviour, I'd never ever be counted as a Bad Sport. It's a load of bullshit.

That sounds like the most fucked up system. I haven't bought this game yet, and this is seriously turning me off. Rockstar have plenty of current examples in the gaming world they could learn from, but they never do. Ever. They only ever learn from themselves, and they're lost in the past because of it. It's ridiculous.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So my personal car was blown up by a player last night and it gets replaced completely for free. What a dumb way to be a "bad sport". Meanwhile I sent mercenaries after one of my own Crew (didn't notice the Crew tag until I was hammering A as he was the only player in the lobby apparently) and they gunned him down and I didn't get penalized.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm getting "bad sport" points for being kicked from lobbies/sessions. Not that I'm doing anything wrong, it usually happens in a loading screen or before I even get a chance to play. I'm not even sure people are really kicking me, but either way, it's stupid that I'm getting bad karma for not actually being a dick or anything.

Poorly implemented system.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MideonNViscera

I don't think they are really kicking you. I finished 9 holes of Golf that I was hosting and it said the other players kicked me, but we all played decently and quickly so there was really no reason to kick anyone. Then I tried to join free roam and immediately got the same message.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This is GTA Online not Forza people are going to try to check you into the wall. These people are easily enough dealt with. And you can't honestly be surprised by this when you know quitting gives you negative Karma.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I find it strange that you get punished for killing people and blowing up their shit in free mode. Kinda thought that was the point of the game?

If you rage quit and leave people hanging, essentially ruining their game, then you're a bad sport and fuck you.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldn't be surprised if i get put in the same pool with the "bad sports." i constantly go around being a fucking dick to people. while somebody may be robbing a store, i'll land on a rooftop and shoot out the tires on their getaway vehicle, or i'll steal their helicopter, and watch from above as they are probably cursing at the tv screen. i'll sometimes see other people standing on the sidewalk wanting a ride. i'll do a quick 180 and run them over on purpose.

the other night while playing against some people in a real good game of golf, my power went out. i was winning by a definitive 6 shots, but the others were battling for second place. things were real interesting between those players. we were on the 8th hole, too, and i was set up for an eagle. stupid power outage!

at any rate, it's GTA5. you're supposed to be a dick. i cannot stand it when i go into some lobby or whatever and everybody is all la-di-da. fuck that shit! i'm going to disrupt their happy fun time.

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a handful of friends I play with in a private game. I recommend it. You have enough people for jobs, survival modes and races. From time to time we'll open matchmaking just to fill the roster, but as far as open world, keep it private seems to work well for me.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@mideonnviscera: @trilogy: Yeah i was in a server hanging with @demoskinos and about 5 GB crew members and was vote kicked from the server, so im going to assume its an error and they didn't vote me out.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@crash_happy: Yes. I only discovered it after 45 hours of playing GTAO. It's not something they made easy to find. If you hit start it's somewhere buried in the pause menu. There'll be a list of players in the game and you can scroll through and select a bunch of different options. Report and Commend are just 2 of them.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldn't be surprised if i get put in the same pool with the "bad sports." i constantly go around being a fucking dick to people. while somebody may be robbing a store, i'll land on a rooftop and shoot out the tires on their getaway vehicle, or i'll steal their helicopter, and watch from above as they are probably cursing at the tv screen. i'll sometimes see other people standing on the sidewalk wanting a ride. i'll do a quick 180 and run them over on purpose.

the other night while playing against some people in a real good game of golf, my power went out. i was winning by a definitive 6 shots, but the others were battling for second place. things were real interesting between those players. we were on the 8th hole, too, and i was set up for an eagle. stupid power outage!

at any rate, it's GTA5. you're supposed to be a dick. i cannot stand it when i go into some lobby or whatever and everybody is all la-di-da. fuck that shit! i'm going to disrupt their happy fun time.

That is a terrible excuse. It's not even reasoning. There's nothing that says you need to ruin someone else's playtime. I like to join lobbies because it gives me the opportunity to play matchmaking games with a wider variety of people, since my friend and I have had a hard time matchmaking when we do it from a closed friend session. I don't join in anticipation of some greater chaos. I like watching people do their own thing, even joining in and helping out from time to time.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lego_my_eggo: Yeah last night was real weird I was trying to get everyone to my apt then everyone gets kicked out for some reason and Im solo in the server for whatever reason. It was real dumb.

Now, addressing everyone else here complaining about player killing, you're playing GTA part of the hustle of making it to thr top is dealing with people who want to take from you. Fucking quit taking it personally. Unless people are hacking who cares what they do? If it bothers you that much dont play in public. When Rockstar has built in systems like the crates and high end vehicles and bounty hunts they are obviously stating player killing is part of the experience. The only thing I think is stupid is blowing up personal vehicles counting against you. Cause man its super satisfying to hunt a bounty down and throw a sticky bomb at them during a drive by. While at times frustrating thr player killing adds a fun tension to everything IMO. I think the world would be boring otherwise. As much as I enjoy hanging with crew I also like having the constant danger there around every corner.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should blowing up the vehicles of those pursuing you make you a bad sport? I don't think so, and that's my only gripe with it.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lego_my_eggo: Yeah last night was real weird I was trying to get everyone to my apt then everyone gets kicked out for some reason and Im solo in the server for whatever reason. It was real dumb.

Now, addressing everyone else here complaining about player killing, you're playing GTA part of the hustle of making it to thr top is dealing with people who want to take from you. Fucking quit taking it personally. Unless people are hacking who cares what they do? If it bothers you that much dont play in public. When Rockstar has built in systems like the crates and high end vehicles and bounty hunts they are obviously stating player killing is part of the experience. The only thing I think is stupid is blowing up personal vehicles counting against you. Cause man its super satisfying to hunt a bounty down and throw a sticky bomb at them during a drive by. While at times frustrating thr player killing adds a fun tension to everything IMO. I think the world would be boring otherwise. As much as I enjoy hanging with crew I also like having the constant danger there around every corner.

Couldn't the same be said for your kind of people yelling at the other kind of people? "Fucking quit taking it personally" or we could go so far as to say "It's a fucking video game, get over it. If you wanna go bomb each other for fun because "being a dick is the only enjoyment we get!" then make your own private session and be jerks to each other there" ? I'm not on your side of their side though, I'm just asking couldn't the same be said from their point of view towards you people?

Also, having your crew around and hanging with them exclusively is not exactly enough reason to be relaxed.
You're just walking around all of a sudden you hear "Oh shit" and a truck lands on you because someone tried to do a stunt jump but somehow failed to do the easiest thing in the game so far :P

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By McShank

I love it. It sucked as Me and my friend couldn't do anything together for 2 days but damn, Driving by in my Mega Vapid SandKing XL monster truck, throwing sticky bombs into windows of opposing players is just To damn Fun. I dont think blowing up a car while they are In it should count, but blowing up a car sitting by itself should as then thats just mean. If they are in it, it should be Free Game to destroy them any means possible including, stickybombing their car and watching them try to get away only to be blown up. Also, Anyone looking to join a crew or dont like your own, Venture Industry is needing some more.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By musubi

@zeforgotten: I think playing in public is akin to playing DarkSouls online when you do your stating that your cool with other people trying to attack you. That is part of the core experience of dark souls just as is bounty hunts and what not in GTA. If you connect to a public server your silently acknowledging that your cool with participating in those features. If rockstar didn't give you options to not participate by playing solo/invite sessions then I think it would be more of a problem. If all you want is fucking around with crew members you can do that. Also, playing invite only open world lobbies doesn't exclude you from matchmaking for races / missions with everyone.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: I don't know, maybe it's just me but that just sounds like "this school playground belongs to us because we are superior to you people! Go play over there" syndrome when in fact the only people who don't actually own the playground at all, or could even hope to do that, is you and me or anyone like us.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bad sports are people too!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddles said:

I assume they make you pay $2k each time you die, and a certain amount each time your car dies, as a way of draining money out of the economy. A way of trying to encourage you to spend real money for GTA$. However "punishing" players for engaging in what a lot of people see as a fundamental part of the game is NOT the way to run a microtransaction store. Put up a store where you can buy exclusive clothes, cars, property for real money - all vanity items, but not this. It stinks of a last minute addition that shouldnt have gone in.

I know it's their way of draining you of money so you can spend real money and it's total bullshit. Especially when missions only net you a couple thousand so if you make $5000 from a mission and die twice in free roam from whatever, you've pretty much just lost that money and wasted your time playing that mission. It's greedy of them to purposely fuck over the economy for microtransactions. As fun as it is, I can't believe they pulled this crap. Another thing is cops. It takes so long for the stars to disappear completely. I was playing with 2 Giantbomb guys last week and we got 3 stars for robbing a gas station. It took us like 7-8 minutes to lose them in a helicopter because helicopters were literally spawning right in front of us. Every time I think of all these things that drain your money, it just pisses me off. I'm going to take a break from this game for a while. Especially since there's not even heists available yet.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten: Its part of the designed experience man. When you take a High Value vehicle for instance it alerts everyone in the server. Why because its saying hey, if you want this here's who has it take it from them. There's no elitism here. If a sandwich you order normally comes with tomatoes because that is how its normally made unless you specify you dont want that you can't really complain about the tomatoes when that is how the sandwhich was designed. Personally, I dont engage people unless there is a bounty on them or they have a import car. And hell, I tried getting s bounty last night where things went real sideways and I lost 20k. That was the risk I took by engaging that though. They even have a passive mode if you need a breather from all the chaos as well so I dont see how people playing in public lobbies can complain. I just dont.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zeforgotten

@demoskinos:

I can't see how you people can complain either.
I don't see a reason to really complain about anything in video games but maybe it's because I don't pretend to be MLG or whatever :P
To me, that's all games are.. games.

It's the "hey listen, don't complain, play like WE want you to" thing I don't get, I think.
Can't people just let people play the way they want? Like we used to? and not go "if you wanna do it this way, go over there" ?
Shut up and play, that's it. Sit down, play the game and just keep the yapper shut about it.

You wanna be a dick? be a dick!
Someone reports you for being a dick, let them report you for being a dick.

Get reported enough and you end up with likeminded people and a fancy hat! now aren't you really the winner in that case? Hmm? Isn't that hat worth all the trouble? :P

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten: And that is exactly what you can do. Like I said if you want to just coop with friends in the open world you can do that in invite only sessions. Playing in invite only doesn't exclude you from matchmaking for Races/Deathmatches and stuff. The people in the public lobbies are down for PvP stuff if you aren't then don't join a public server.

Its akin to MMO's having PvP and PvE servers if you strictly want to coop you play PvE servers if your down with player fights you join a PvP server. Same here. Reporting someone for killing you in a public game is silly because that are what public servers are about. If you don't want to be hassled by other players then be selective of who you play with. Rockstar wouldn't have built in things like the bounty system if they didn't have PvP fights in mind.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Sackmanjones

It sucks that you can get punished for pretty much the best thing in the multiplayer. Everything else is just dull compared to Rollin with a friend and hunting someone down. Guess I will be joinin all you assholes shortly. As for being reported for rage quitting, eh you can make a case for that. Rage quitting can sometimes ruin the game for others. But as for the free roam bullshit, that kinda sucks, especially since they have a system that you can disable interaction with others