#1 Edited by Yummylee (20584 posts) -

After recently heading out of GTA Online back into the main game, this took me over to Trevor riding one of those Faggio mopeds, while he was following another guy on a moped saying stuff such as ''We're scooter brothers!'' and ''We're going to travel the world... of scooters!'' or something like that. I thought it was bloody hilarious, but it also reminded me at how many damn transitions they have in this game. It's really impressive at how expansive the list is, and not to mention that so many are of course context-sensitive depending on where you're at in the story. Though naturally you're going to be left with a lot of repeats once the story's actually finished.

So, what are some of our favourites that we can remember? Most of them for me were definitely related to Trevor, like him spawning in his vehicle belittling a trio of cyclists, or the one where he's in the middle of the woods with a guy tied to a tree, or of course the many times when he wakes up in a random location of the world, usually naked, commenting on how surprised he is that meth has turned him into such an outdoors man.

Michael has a number of memorable ones, too. I do quite like that once he's gotten back with Amanda, there'll be one where he turns down a group of hookers claiming he's happily married. The one where he rages out when playing the CoD spoof was funny, too.

Franklin... I can't really recall anything notable for him, which I guess kinda fits the character to be fair >_> More often than not it's him waking up in his apartment, trying to hold back Lamar from starting a fight with cops/Ballas, or walking out of a strip club/bar drunk while saying 'PEACE'.

#2 Edited by BBAlpert (1262 posts) -

Scooter brothers has been my favorite so far. I have seen a few of the other unique transitions, but I feel like I've been getting a ton of the generic ones (Michael leaving a coffee shop, Franklin leaving a bar, Trevor waking up somewhere and smashing a bottle onto the ground).

#3 Posted by Yummylee (20584 posts) -

@bbalpert: There's definitely a lot of repeats now that the story's finished, but up until that point there was a surprisingly consistent array of new scenes for me. Though Michael waking up in his sleep screaming was a rather common one.

#4 Posted by HiroKedyn (29 posts) -

Scooter Brothers is the best so far. I just followed my scooter brother for a while listening to what Trevor had to say. Ever since then, I have to avoid hitting someone on a scooter for fear of it being my scooter brother.

#5 Posted by Morningstar (2049 posts) -

Scooter brothers, by far. Thanks for reminding me =D

#6 Posted by Demmetje (187 posts) -

@yummylee: You're probably already aware of this, but since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'll imbed the video here. This is the origin of the 'scooter brothers' scene:

#7 Posted by Yummylee (20584 posts) -

@demmetje said:

@yummylee: You're probably already aware of this, but since it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'll imbed the video here. This is the origin of the 'scooter brothers' scene:

Haha, actually I had no idea. Thanks for that.

#8 Posted by Akyho (1549 posts) -

Scooter Brothers was the best, never knew it was from some dude playing GTA 4 thats cool.

#9 Posted by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

You guys obviously didn't get the one of Trevor waking up on a mountain in a dress drunk saying "I'm going to eat the warm liver of the deer who pissed on me!" if you're saying this "scooter brothers" is the best.

#10 Edited by Yummylee (20584 posts) -
#11 Posted by MildMolasses (3194 posts) -

Trevor was throwing some guy off a bridge once

#12 Posted by awesomeusername (4057 posts) -

@yummylee: The deer piss line is what cracked me. It was a good 5 minutes as Trevor because Patricia called right after and it's just funny listening to him talk all sweet to her in his condition and then I rode a dirt bike down the mountain, slammed into a rock and died. That was my favorite moment of GTA V.

#13 Edited by Pr1mus (3520 posts) -

Trevor throwing a member of the Lost off an overpass. When you transition to him he is grabbing the guy and shouting something like "I really wish we had more time to discuss this" and then throws him off.

Also Trevor with his Scooter buddy. We are scooter buddies, SCOOOOOTER BUDDIES WOOO!

#14 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9764 posts) -

It's been said, and I'll repeat it: Scooter Brother.

#15 Edited by charlie_victor_bravo (869 posts) -

Trevor on the Los Santos river where he is chasing somebody on the vehicle. He is yelling something like "I only showed you my thing...". OK, that would not have been so great by itself, but first time I encountered this, I rammed the escaping vehicle into the wall and it exploded. Cool, I thought and headed up to the normal traffic. After driving minute or so, I noticed that something was leaking from my car. As I realized it was gasoline, my car stopped - I ran out of gas. I got out from the car and turned around and saw liquid trail and at the end of it, flames. When the flames reached the car, it exploded along with few near by vehicles. It was so perfect that I thought that it was scripted to happen. Afterwards this transition has ended in more boring ways.

#16 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2276 posts) -

I liked the one where Trevor is wearing his dress, but he is being pushed out of an expensive Hollywood boutique yelling that he thinks he looks pretty.

The other good Micheal one is when he and his wife are at the club having lunch, and he gives her the credit card to pay because he has to go to a meeting. (I think Micheal's wife would have been very interesting as a fourth character in the story, because the gangster wife is always a role full of possibilities.)

#17 Edited by OneAndOnlyBigE (436 posts) -

I had one where Trevor woke up in his underwear in the middle of a cow pen on the southeast side of Los Santos. There's some definite implied beastiality that was pretty funny.

Another one that was more subtle was Trevor waking up on top of a building and he says to himself "High ground, smart thinking T"

Genuine laugh out loud moments.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (13875 posts) -

Man, I have yet to get this scooter thing. Also, Trevor has full on stopped changing outfits for me now.

#19 Edited by JadeGL (613 posts) -

I'm disappointed. I have never seen the "Scooter brothers" transition. :(

I really liked Trevor throwing the guy off of the bridge, and he does say different things when he does it. I have seen two or three different instances and the first time he said something scientific about a body falling, can't remember the phrasing but it was great. The second was more straight forward.

I also like the transition where Michael is at a coffee shop and says something like "Ow everything hurts" because it just makes so much sense in regards to his age and what he is putting himself through. It's like the old "I'm too old for this shit" thing that is in movies and tv, but it works well in this case considering the character.

#20 Posted by Pezen (1469 posts) -

Trevor on the mountain, as mentioned before. And Trevor waking up on a small beach in only underwear and boots, smashing a bottle saying "I wasn't me!" All the while being surrounded by dead Lost bikers all over the beach.

#21 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (240 posts) -

"This mothafucka clean". Nah, probably the scooter brothers one with Trevor.

#22 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

That transition where Trevor tosses a member of the Lost off a brigde glitched on me and it showed Trevor standing still, not talking while the member of the Lost is floating and screaming, and then magically falls off the brigde. It looked like Trevor had telekinesis for a moment.

To be honest, I like them all. It's pretty neat way to transition from one character to the next, I'm glad they thought of it.

#23 Edited by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

There's a great one where Trevor is tying someone to a wooden post, and it doesn't seem that dark until you realize he's tying this guy to a post at the bottom of a pier at low-tide. It kinda dawned on me slowly and that was a great payoff. I just left him there to drown.

One time which seemed like total bullshit, is that I transitioned into Trevor while he was being chased by cops. Had a 3-star wanted level due to his previous action saying things like "He started it!" and "I just pulled his tongue through his throat, it's not that bad!".

I couldn't get away from the cops so... the game basically stole 5000 from me. Oh well.

#24 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (788 posts) -

I had one earlier today where Trevor was throwing up in a small pool. I think it was in someones garden. After throwing up he says something like "Never...eat...indian...people".
I was expecting a "food" at the end of that sentence, but I guess it is all the same for Trevor.

#25 Posted by mosespippy (3752 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

There's a great one where Trevor is tying someone to a wooden post, and it doesn't seem that dark until you realize he's tying this guy to a post at the bottom of a pier at low-tide. It kinda dawned on me slowly and that was a great payoff. I just left him there to drown.

One time which seemed like total bullshit, is that I transitioned into Trevor while he was being chased by cops. Had a 3-star wanted level due to his previous action saying things like "He started it!" and "I just pulled his tongue through his throat, it's not that bad!".

I couldn't get away from the cops so... the game basically stole 5000 from me. Oh well.

I had one where he was in a car chasing after this woman saying things like, "His head just popped off." I followed the car as long as I could to get as much of the dialogue as possible but she lead me straight into the military base without me noticing and I got 4 stars.

#26 Edited by Wraith1 (550 posts) -

These were great

#27 Posted by JadeGL (613 posts) -

My husband just switched to Trevor. It was his typical waking up drunk moment, but he was in his underwear, the state trooper helmet and gun belt. We both LOLed heartily at that one.

#28 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

My favorite was when switching to Michael he walked out of a coffee shop and yelled "AHHHH STIMULANTS"

#29 Posted by redyoshi (114 posts) -

Besides the scooter one, there's this one where I switched to Trevor just after a certain mission, he's hiding out from the cops and says "Ah, the life of a gangbanger." I just liked how after doing one mission with Franklin, he's an OG.

#30 Posted by DonutFever (3515 posts) -

The ones with Micheal after he's gotten back with his family are surprisingly nice to see.

#31 Posted by SlashDance (1758 posts) -

@wraith1 said:

These were great

Man, I played the game for 50 hours and I never saw most of these.