#1 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3392 posts) -

So I literally haven't touched this since it came out in October. I played it for a few days when it worked, thought it was neat and decided to pick it up again when it was working better. Eventually I kind of forgot about it but am looking to play some online. Now as a person who has no clue what should I be doing besides popping donuts in the street are their any general tips people have out there for someone new?

#2 Edited by spraynardtatum (2951 posts) -

buy all the money through GTA$ and then turn the game off forever.

#3 Posted by mrcraggle (1938 posts) -

Take advantage of the glitches because R* have basically taken out any opportunity for fun if you don't plan on playing with friends with a headset.

#4 Edited by GunstarRed (5186 posts) -

Get killed by other player spawn close by. Get killed by other player spawn close by. Get killed by other player spawn close by. Get killed by other player spawn close by. Get killed by other player spawn close by. Get killed by other player spawn close by. Get killed by other player spawn close by. Get killed by other player spawn close by.

Steal one of those big yellow monster trucks and drive over other cars, explode... then get killed by other player and spawn close by.

#5 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (1052 posts) -

Stay away from red dots, red means that they tend to kill other players, and there are a lot of red dots, and the white dots are just working there way to becoming red dots (some are nice though). And passive mode is kinda broken because people can still kill your fairly easily. If you try and rob a store with other players around prepare to be killed by those other players. And i haven't tried it out yet but they added in option to look for matches and still play in free roam, so hopefully you wont be spending half your time looking at a menu.

And don't buy a car, just get the free one that you can buy and don't wast your money with insurance claims and such, because other players and yourself can mess up the car and you wont have to care about it.

#6 Posted by mosespippy (4183 posts) -

Get a sub machine gun and a silencer as early as you can. It's really all you need. I remember golf being a great way to level up early on, but they've changed how much everything pays out so I don't know if it still is.

#7 Posted by ninnanuam (281 posts) -

Find some friends... its really the only way.

#8 Posted by tunaburn (1891 posts) -

dont try to have fun. The online sucks basically.