• 112 results
jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jimmyfenix

Does any one have any information on how to get that KIFFLOM Trophy/Achievement?

vmehnert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By vmehnert

Its there any way to quick access the map? I have been pressing start and go to the map that way. Any other quick routes? Thanks!

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By DharmaBum

- Hold LB/L1 while unarmed in a vehicle to give someone a friendly gesture.

- Tap right on the d-pad to make your character speak to others.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By gaminghooligan

@geteveryone: call Trevor or Franklin to hangout and then go do whatever. They'll use the guns you buy for them when you play as them. Still unsure if it uses their ammo or not. I tried going on a rampage with Lamarr but he didn't have a gun so he just wondered around beside me yelling at the cops and flipping them the bird. If anyone knows of any other armed characters you can group up with let me know.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some quick laughs, jump at an object too early.

Not sure if this is how it was in GTA IV or earlier, but you can hold Triangle or Y to speed up the "enter car" animation.

I'm not sure if there is a correlation, but I noticed that after I medaled (bronze or better) in all classes of guns except for the Heavy class in the shooting range, a fancy submachine gun with all the attachments was available for me at all AmmuNations for free for all three characters. It very well may have nothing to do with that, though.

Jumping up stairs only seems to work when at the foot of the stairs (can't jump once already on the stairs), but it helps significantly. Jumping down stairs is possible at any time though, I think - but you run the risk of taking fall damage if the flight is very tall.

Switch your control scheme to Alternate to use L1 and R1 on PS3 instead of L2 and R2 for aiming and shooting, respectively. My friends and I hate the mushy triggers on PS3 (WHY ARE THEY CONVEX????), and this control scheme is fantastic since you use the cover and switch weapon buttons so much less frequently.

QUESTION: is there a way to aim your gun while driving WITHOUT firing? I only know of pressing L1 to draw your gun, but it also begins firing once your character's gun is fully drawn.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

can anyone confirm if Chop can be taken for a walk at Franklin's 2nd safehouse? cos i can't get it to work

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Blastroid

* If you want to get to a mission objective fast that is on the other side of a map then call a taxi and once you choose the mission destination there is an option to pay more to instantly warp the taxi there.

* If you find your character in the middle of nowhere then switch players and player them for awhile. When you switch back the other player will be near the city. may take a few minutes but better than you spending the time getting him back while you could be doing something productive with another character.

* Take a drink every time someone in the game cusses. Congratulations on being drunk 1 minute into the game.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By gkhan

@mrmazz said:

Anyone have tips in how to fly better in this game? I just got Trevor and am doing some of his specific missions, which involve flying plans. I suck at flying planes aparently sicne I can't keep altitude to save my life.

Also does the garage at your safehouse only save the last car you parked in there? Because I've been using motorbikes since thye seem to handel better. I should probably buy one of those garages on the map huh.

For flying, remember to use the rudder for turning! This is probably the most important thing to remember if you keep crashing. The natural inclination is to roll the plane (i.e. tilt it) left or right when you want to turn, but that will make you lose altitude and generally have worse control in general. Use the rudder to yaw left or right instead, it's much more controlled and easier to do. The turning radius is wider, but for planes, that hardly matters.

In other words, if you feel unsure of the flying, the analog stick should only be used sparingly for turning, and mostly used to change your pitch (and to level yourself out). Turn with the shoulder buttons instead.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

can anyone confirm if Chop can be taken for a walk at Franklin's 2nd safehouse? cos i can't get it to work

It should work, I haven't manually done it but once I switched back to Franklin and he was walking Chop.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By musubi

North Eastern Highway is a random event you'll see a flipped over car and a girl bleeding on the side of the road. Save her and you get a pretty damn amazing driver with near maxed stats and she only takes 5% cut.

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

North Eastern Highway is a random event you'll see a flipped over car and a girl bleeding on the side of the road. Save her and you get a pretty damn amazing driver with near maxed stats and she only takes 5% cut.

I was helping her and I accidentally drove a foot and killed her. I guess I'll never get her event again :(

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Krullban

@demoskinos said:

I was helping her and I accidentally drove a foot and killed her. I guess I'll never get her event again :(

Same thing happened to me. I thought she was in the car, but I drove over her leg and she died.

Goddamnit.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@krullban said:

@microshock said:

@demoskinos said:

Same thing happened to me. I thought she was in the car, but I drove over her leg and she died.

Goddamnit.

I was train surfing and decided it wasn't worth jumping off. Damn it.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you've seen the "vinny plays GTA5" thing. That random event where he just ran up and punched the dudes randomly. If you help them get away you get Packie from GTA4 as a gunner crew member. Tons of unique dialogue and references if you use him too. His stats are really good, i THINK he's like 12%?

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HH

@dystopiax said:

@hh said:

It should work, I haven't manually done it but once I switched back to Franklin and he was walking Chop.

my bad, left trigger brings up his prompts, i done forgot.

also, dunno if this has been covered before, probably has seen as how it's pretty annoying, but the key to saving vehicles seems to be keeping an eye on the impound. if you lose a saved vehicle while on a job it will turn up at the impound, BUT - only 2 vehicles max can be stored there, and if it's full up you will lose that vehicle, so - KEEP THE IMPOUND EMPTY. really weird way to handle this aspect of the game, but as long as it's not completely broken.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Darji

this was pretty new to me since I have never seen that.

Loading Video...

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do not do any of the lester assassination missions until you have beat the game. It is because the more money you put into the rival companies in those missions the better pay off you will receive.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do not do any of the lester assassination missions until you have beat the game. It is because the more money you put into the rival companies in those missions the better pay off you will receive.

The problem for me was that the stocks they told me to invest were on this rockstar market which was down all the time. So I nlost a lot of money. And did I see right? One property (The golf club)costs 150 million?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By jimmyfenix

@darji: Yeah it costs a shitload to buy. I don't think any one has bought it yet. Also here is a Exploit to get $12000 from a piece of loot which re spawns when you switch characters.

Loading Video...

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: I'm confused about the cash and not investing or spending anything, losing a lot of it on deaths and shit, but I sure as hell won't watch that tutorial! Spoils the game, duder.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hh said:

@dystopiax said:

@hh said:

my bad, left trigger brings up his prompts, i done forgot.

also, dunno if this has been covered before, probably has seen as how it's pretty annoying, but the key to saving vehicles seems to be keeping an eye on the impound. if you lose a saved vehicle while on a job it will turn up at the impound, BUT - only 2 vehicles max can be stored there, and if it's full up you will lose that vehicle, so - KEEP THE IMPOUND EMPTY. really weird way to handle this aspect of the game, but as long as it's not completely broken.

I dont think so though, ecause there have been times when I went there immediately and neither or the spaces were taken, or only 1 was with the last vehicle I used.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DystopiaX

If you've seen the "vinny plays GTA5" thing. That random event where he just ran up and punched the dudes randomly. If you help them get away you get Packie from GTA4 as a gunner crew member. Tons of unique dialogue and references if you use him too. His stats are really good, i THINK he's like 12%?

I'm sad cause i've heard of this but haven't seen him yet. I tend to use the cheapest dudes anyway, my gunmen always end up dying in what seem like scripted moments but I just pick up their money.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a full armor pickup at the very end of this walkway by the ocean, which is nice because armor is fucking expensive.

Right where the hand icon is.
Right where the hand icon is.

Can anybody tell me where to easily obtain a bicycle?

I wanna do some Premium Rush shit but the only bike I've found so far was at the end of one of the early Strangers and Freaks missions that Michael had.

I want a way to get one reliably when I want one

I found some near the big pond in Mirror Park east of downtown, also there are probably some near the beach.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: yeh it's not foolproof, alls i'm saying is, leaving cars in the impound is bad

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slab64: there's one by the beach, close to the weed shop, or you can buy one online.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the weed shop, and I don't know how to get my money. I'm pretty sure a week has passed in-game. I was doing other shit when the guy asked me to make a few supply runs or whatever, didn't realize it was time-sensitive. Did I fuck up?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Can anybody tell me where to find all of the digital bonus in the collectos/special/preorder edition? I found how to call the blimp, but havent found the exclusive guns, clothes, cars and garage, etc.

Next, can someone tell me what swag you can get via iFruit and via websites and easter eggs in the game? I don't want something as cheaty/spoilery/game breaking as like a number to dial to get a tank or instantly remove 5 star wanted level etc. just neat things like a faster car, better gun, unique clothes, unique cell phone customizations found via in-game websites and 1800 numbers

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

I'm sad cause i've heard of this but haven't seen him yet. I tend to use the cheapest dudes anyway, my gunmen always end up dying in what seem like scripted moments but I just pick up their money.

I found, helped and picked said random event guy for the very first heist. Used the best people possible and got basically a perfect score. All the money possible and a clean getaway. So if anyone comes across that random event before the first heist, do it. Help them.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If you successfully complete the "Like" mini-game while getting a private dance in the strip clubs, you get to take that girl home and do her. She also becomes available to date and do again. So, there is in fact dating in this game.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By fetchfox

@jillsandwich: Nah, you'll still get the money. A bit more than 9 grand a week. Not the best paying shop, but cool to own.

TWISTEDH34T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TWISTEDH34T

@chaser324 said:

@twistedh34t: Yeah, don't worry too much about failing a random event. I think they'll all occur again, but some occur far more frequently than others.

I heard there are some that are non-repeatable, for example: the one at the construction site where the guy is stuck inside his vehicle by fallen debris and needs you to help him out.

No, that one actually is repeatable. I actually saw that one again. :)

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#82  Edited By golguin

Can someone explain how saving cars works in this game? I've never played a GTA game so I'm not sure how I get to keep the cars I steal. I entered my first garage and there was nothing inside. There was a single car available from a list so I grabbed that and drove around before ditching it for something else.

Will that car always be in the garage spawn? Can I take 20 cars into the garage and have 20 cars to choose from? Can I call someone to deliver whatever car I want wherever I am? Can you lose cars?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#83  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@golguin said:

Can someone explain how saving cars works in this game? I've never played a GTA game so I'm not sure how I get to keep the cars I steal. I entered my first garage and there was nothing inside. There was a single car available from a list so I grabbed that and drove around before ditching it for something else.

Will that car always be in the garage spawn? Can I take 20 cars into the garage and have 20 cars to choose from? Can I call someone to deliver whatever car I want wherever I am? Can you lose cars?

I've played every GTA game, and I'm not super clear on how the garages and impound work either.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So any idea how to get these 150 million for the golf club? Stocks?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@chaser324 said:

@golguin said:

I've played every GTA game, and I'm not super clear on how the garages and impound work either.

From my experience each character has their own separate personal car which is part of the story and is tied to your character that you can modify and do whatever and those changes will appear for that car after every respawn. From what I've played you can store up to two cars in each house garage belonging to the character, if you try to fit more than 2 which ever car was the first one stored will disappear. You can purchase business garages that will allow you to store more cars in it which I figure is a more permanent fit if you're afraid of losing cars. If there's a car you purchased or modified but don't want to lose I suggest buying the business garage and storing them in there. If there's certain cars you are looking for to add to your collection my suggestion is once you earn enough cash start shopping on the in-game internet, there's actually some pretty rare cars up there for sale. Lastly if you abandon a car, die, or get arrested you can usually find your lost vehicle at the local police station locked up that you usually have to pay a fee to release. Cars are finicky and my suggestion if there's a car you jacked that you really like store it and never drive it.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin@chaser324@i_stay_puft Also, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, each character has their own garage in town right from the start, where you can store at least 4 vehicles, plus retrieve special vehicles, like the Social Club bonus one.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I have the locations for some hard to find weapons:

Baseball bat - can be found in the small shed in the parking lot of "Hookies," the property you can buy in the Northwestern part of the map.

Crowbar - can be found in the bleachers of an amphitheater in Vinewood Hills. Just Northeast of the city, on the road leading north by the racetrack there is a road with the words "Vinewood Bowl" leading to a small mall-like area. Go all the way to the end to find the amphitheater. Once there, while facing the bleachers, take the rightmost path into the bleachers and look to your right in an alcove by a small building.

EDIT: An easier way to find the crowbar is at the Los Santos Customs closest to Michael's house. There is a small staircase near the entrance garage. The crowbar can be found at the top of the staircase.

Both of these weapons can be hard to spot since they're lying on the ground.

Apparently there is also a molotov cocktail, if the stats screen is to be believed. If anyone has a location, let us know.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want some good old fashioned GTA craziness, go check out the movies. Probably my favorite part of the game at this point.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hit the Jump button then the punch button.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Slab64

I have the locations for some hard to find weapons:

Baseball bat - can be found in the small shed in the parking lot of "Hookies," the property you can buy in the Northwestern part of the map.

Crowbar - can be found in the bleachers of an amphitheater in Vinewood Hills. Just Northeast of the city, on the road leading north by the racetrack there is a road with the words "Vinewood Bowl" leading to a small mall-like area. Go all the way to the end to find the amphitheater. Once there, while facing the bleachers, take the rightmost path into the bleachers and look to your right in an alcove by a small building.

Both of these weapons can be hard to spot since they're lying on the ground.

Apparently there is also a molotov cocktail, if the stats screen is to be believed. If anyone has a location, let us know.

I know the molotovs are somewhere near Trevor's starting area since I found them shortly after unlocking him...can't remember where exactly though :/

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bane

I found using the first person camera made the helicopters much easier to fly. I was wobbling all over the place in third person, first person steadied them right out.

The RIB (rigid inflatable boat), or Zodiac, can be used to scuba dive. Take it out somewhere and then jump in the water. The scuba gear is equipped automatically. I've found one that spawns at the southern docks. Don't forget to place a point of interest on the map before jumping in so you can keep better track of where your boat is. That's not foolproof though as the boat will drift away over time.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man said:

Hit the Jump button then the punch button.

Probably my favorite part of the game. I've spent hours total doing that.

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not really a tip or trick as much as a cool detail but the "crumple zones" on the corners of the guardrails at the exit ramps are totally functional.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know if it works on all bikes but you can bunny hop by holding then releasing R1/RB, don't remember that being mentioned in the game.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@zella: They mention it during the michael bike riding mission.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined the Social Club the other day, but can't seem to find the car that I thought you get for joining up?

Siked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined the Social Club the other day, but can't seem to find the car that I thought you get for joining up?

It should be in the characters garage. (Not the one that comes with the houses but the garage icon on the map)

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah OK, was looking in the wrong place, thanks!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@hermanbloom: Also it's not 'in' the garage but you can get it from the saved cars menu in the garage. It's weird.