How Do You Make Your Own Fun?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli
Yo! Driving sick rides off Mount Chilliad is almost as awesome as hauling them up there.
Yo! Driving sick rides off Mount Chilliad is almost as awesome as hauling them up there.

My current favorite pastime is the Cargobob.

Like most, I wasn't the biggest fan of choppers at first. I still can't aim for shit with the mounted miniguns on the Scout Chopper (and unless it gets patched, I believe it to be quite an improbable, if not wholly impossible feat, respectively skill to develop), but aside that, I've become quite the pro at flying GTA V's helicopters.

Nothing quite like snagging a bus full of people up from the streets of Los Santos and then dropping them to their doom. I also made a game of grabbing driving vehicles off the freeways by matching my speed with theirs. The maneuver is a lot easier to perform on trucks than on cars, but hell - it's just the bigger payload to drop onto something. Or smack dudes in the face with, wrecking ball-style.

One of these days I'll have to snag up an armored transport. Roleplaying a stick-up man at its finest.

So - how do you make your own fun in GTA V?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Thanks Obama

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Going off road in cars that really shouldn't go off road.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I shoot drivers then when their car comes to a stop I pour gasoline in a circle around it and set it on fire. Then laugh.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By hans_maulwurf

hitting x and b.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Grissefar
@seppli said:

My current favorite pastime is the Cargobob.

Like most, I wasn't the biggest fan of choppers at first. I still can't aim for shit with the mounted miniguns on the Scout Chopper (and unless it gets patched, I believe it to be quite an improbable, if not wholly impossible feat, respectively skill to develop), but aside that, I've become quite the pro at flying GTA V's helicopters.

Nothing quite like snagging a bus full of people up from the streets of Los Santos and then dropping them to their doom. I also made a game of grabbing driving vehicles off the freeways by matching my speed with theirs. The maneuver is a lot easier to perform on trucks than on cars, but hell - it's just the bigger payload to drop onto something. Or smack dudes in the face with, wrecking ball-style.

One of these days I'll have to snag up an armored transport. Roleplaying a stick-up man at its finest.

So - how do you make your own fun in GTA V?

Wow that's a great idea man. Gotta try that. Before I tried using cheats today, I thought the free roaming activities sucked a giant dick. Trying to perform a cool stunt or racing down the mountain on a bike almost instantly results in your death, which means a trip to the hospital + another long load screen if you want to go back to a quick save.

It's a much better with cheats. First person BMX with moon gravity is hilarious, and racing down the mountain is also better with invincibility and/or moon gravity. I also stole a giant quarry truck, racing it north, in front of a train until the tracks go under a bridge with narrow space. This caused the truck to flip out and somehow ended up on the road above.

But overall the whole thing feels really restrictive, as if they don't want you to play around.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am obsessed with sticky mines. I like nicking loads of cars etc and then making one huge cataclysmic explosion. Or putting 20 individual mines on individual cars, getting up somewhere high while they drive off and then seeing if I can spot all the explosions.

I aim to get more into helicopters planes etc as I go through the game. I have just got the parachute so I imagine I will be doing loads of dubious 9/11 recreations in Los Santos.

I haven't checked out the cheats yet. Can anyone tell me how they work. Do I need to get codes from somewhere? Do they mess up my completion of the game?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been cleaning up all the side stuff while i wait for GTA: Online. All i really have to do is find all that collectable shit, which is kinda tedious, luckily the social club progress tracker map shows where they all are, so i could just use that.

Oh and the fucking Eplison quest chain on Michael. MAN is that some tedious bullshit right there. I'm certain they made it tedious like that on purpose, but SHIT. "Wear this dumb outfit for 10 days straight" ok...well ill just rapidly sleep over and over for 5 minutes till thats done. Now i gotta walk 5 miles in the desert. I did 2 miles before saying "FUCK THIS".

Currently I'm doing all the races and doing general GTA fuckbaggery as i go around, getting in cop chases that sorta thing. Spent an hour on a BMX bike in the park going up skate ramps, that was fun.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Jack up your stars, hop in a car, and drive in reverse with the camera locked in cinematic mode. It feels like you're playing a super surreal version of "COPS" the TV show, watching from all the different camera angles as the inept cops try to subdue a crazy man driving in reverse through the streets.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I take an Customized vehicle into Fort Zancudo and mess up shit.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grissefar:

Thanks for reminding me of the cheats. Haven't done anything with those yet. Now's the time. Oh the things I can do with such a thing like moongravity!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Seppli

@clonedzero said:

I've been cleaning up all the side stuff while i wait for GTA: Online. All i really have to do is find all that collectable shit, which is kinda tedious, luckily the social club progress tracker map shows where they all are, so i could just use that.

Oh and the fucking Eplison quest chain on Michael. MAN is that some tedious bullshit right there. I'm certain they made it tedious like that on purpose, but SHIT. "Wear this dumb outfit for 10 days straight" ok...well ill just rapidly sleep over and over for 5 minutes till thats done. Now i gotta walk 5 miles in the desert. I did 2 miles before saying "FUCK THIS".

Currently I'm doing all the races and doing general GTA fuckbaggery as i go around, getting in cop chases that sorta thing. Spent an hour on a BMX bike in the park going up skate ramps, that was fun.

For me, it was 10 days of rampages (and loads of hospital visits). Been at that questline all day. It's been quite hilarious thus far. Hopefully it will pay off with a really cool mission at some point.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play Sticky Bomb Racing.

First I put a sticky bomb on my car. Then I find about four or five cars, attach a sticky bomb to them and then the race starts. The other cars speed up and flee so the game becomes me trying to keep up. This works better on highways. If one person turns off the highway, it's boom time. He forfeited the race and for the punishment so does everyone else. I bail out before blowing up.

Sometimes this leads to a big ol' fire show on the highway as the innocent traffic gets caught up.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm one of those people who like to be sucked into the world and take in the atmosphere, so just walking/driving around and taking a moment to look and listen to things: that's what I enjoy doing.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LackingSaint

I like to go for walks. Now that the game itself is done and I feel no pressure to complete the missions, it's nice to just wander around, discover new places and find some collectables and random events occasionally.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty much driving bikes off Mr. Chilliad. Thanks for that helicopter idea though, I'm sure that will be hilarious in GTA: Online.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they didn't have the 5 minute timer on invincibility, but whatever. You can enter codes from the pause menu so that's fine, though with some that need you to hit B, might wanna dive down a few levels into the menu.

Moon gravity, BMX, Super jump is pretty great. Gonna go to Mt Chilliad and play with that.

I also managed to steal one of those C130 cargo planes from the military. Took me forever to get one of the damn things in the air without them either missiling it or just ramming a jet or helicopter into it.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shaved Mike's head, put him in a navy boiler suit and a white hockey mask, and starting attacking peds with a hammer.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Lord_Xp

@sunbrozak: I thought I was the only one that did this. I also like to go in the shops and buy shit all the time.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Block traffic in a intersection, shoot a rocket launcher and then shoot cops with a mini gun;

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By mosespippy

The BMX is actually pretty forgiving when doing flips in the half pipes at the BMX parks. I used to spend a lot of time there in San Andreas. I haven't tried using motorcycles or quads there yet but I hope they are just as fun.

Also, taking a bike down a mountain side is more fun than it should be.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Block traffic in a intersection, shoot a rocket launcher and then shoot cops with a mini gun;

Use a gas can cover an intersection with gas, then shoot it. Results are more interesting than a rocket.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Capum15

Just thought this one up after accidentally doing it. Go hunting with nothing but a Taser and Knife.

No Caption Provided

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I jump and punch. Hilarity guaranteed.

I like bikes too. Either going offroad with an MX bike, or just take a BMX and bunny hope my way through the city.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ben_H

Get a crotch rocket bike, and see how fast and far I can go while driving in the wrong lane before dying from the inevitable front end collision. I usually do this on the highways because you can get going way faster. It's even better when Bob Seger is playing.

Though everything is better when Bob Seger is playing.

Actually cancel that, I make my own fun by listening to Bob Seger.

The only way it could be better is if Dire Strait's "Walk of Life" was on the rock channel.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I just like punching random pedestrians.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By Yummylee

Just driving around soaking in the atmosphere is enough to still keep me engaged for a short while. It's why I especially appreciate the taxi missions activity, to give it a little structure. I also really enjoy phoning up the other two protagonists and doing drive-bys on the Ballas, Vagos and Lost Biker gangs.

Scaling mountains is always fun, too.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Using invincibility cheat to fall off Mt. Chiliad and see how long I can fall or roll out before getting back up.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@leebmx said:

I aim to get more into helicopters planes etc as I go through the game. I have just got the parachute so I imagine I will be doing loads of dubious 9/11 recreations in Los Santos.

It doesn't work. When I stole a 747 and tried to fly it into the Maze Bank building as I jumped out, the plane stopped a foot away from the building and the fell extremely slowly to ground before exploding in the street.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stalk the other two characters as hard as I can.

Thanks Obama

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i recently started hijacking tractor-trailers, taking them on to an extremely section of freeway, parking it across most of the lanes, and causing a massive pile up. once i do that, i get to a good vantage point where i can run like hell once my ultimate plan is accomplished. what i do next is chuck a few sticky bombs into the road and on to other vehicles, hit the < on the d-pad, and watch the explosions as well as my star count quickly rise. then comes the good ol' shootout with the police, eventually NOOSE, and if i'm lucky, i will get away. i've gotten away from a 5 star wanted level a couple of times.

i also like throwing sticky bombs on moving vehicles, especially city buses. once they're within range of a bunch of motorists and/or pedestrians, i detonate the bomb. sometimes i recite speed lines while the bus is in motion. if they don't keep it at or above 55mph, it will explode.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leebmx said:

It doesn't work. When I stole a 747 and tried to fly it into the Maze Bank building as I jumped out, the plane stopped a foot away from the building and the fell extremely slowly to ground before exploding in the street.

Dissapointing, I will still give it a try though. All this stuff just really makes me hanker after Just Cause 3. I might have to go out and re-buy 2 just so I can get some really satisfying stupidity going. Although the world of Los Santos is so much more realistic and genuine than Panau which makes it a double shame that you don't seem to be able to fuck it up in quite the same way. The city on the island of Panau feels like a ghost town when you compare it to Los Santos. Causing mayhem there feels like running round a theme park after closing, with all the rides being shut.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By leebmx

I jump and punch. Hilarity guaranteed.

I like bikes too. Either going offroad with an MX bike, or just take a BMX and bunny hope my way through the city.

Everytime I go through a door I sprint up to it and jump through which normally causes some hilarious prat-fall. You can sometimes get the Ammu-Nation shop assistants to laugh as you into their shop after opening the door with your head, or getting your leg caught in the door handle.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was looking through the trophy list and saw one that said something along the lines of: "Survive x amount of time on a 5-star wanted level with all three characters together while off mission".
That could be a blast.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

teddy bears, panties, and a large kitchen knife!

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The physics make Off-Roading amazingly fun, in any car! Spent an hour last night driving, jumping, bouncing and smashing.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like to go for walks. Now that the game itself is done and I feel no pressure to complete the missions, it's nice to just wander around, discover new places and find some collectables and random events occasionally.

I walk around a good bit as well. I look at the windows, sometimes climb up to the roof to look around. In some spots it just fun to stop and let the 'idle animation' to people watch. I also try to talk to people, when I find someone who says more than hello that is always interesting...I just wish more people had a story to tell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I go for walks a lot. I like to role play in the city a bit. Pretend I'm just a guy with no responsibilities or financial pressures and just walk around enjoying being alive. Perhaps it says a lot about me that merely walking around sightseeing in a city that doesn't have me struggling to keep ahead of debt is considered leisure activity.

But yeah, a late night walk through downtown can be really fun. You really get to marvel at how much detail is in the game. I got into a cab and listened to the driver's Latin rap and was blown away by how real the moment felt. I got out in the hood and walked down the back alley, crossed someone's yard covered in garbage, then walked to the convenience store to get food. Turns out you can't buy food if you're at full health.

I should also add I'm playing the most ethical game of GTA ever played. There's been no sudden rampages, I generally don't even carjack people. When I steal cars, I look for parked cars in secluded lots. Or I call a cab. If gangsters start with me, I just beat em with fists and walk away. What this means is that when I actually do really anti-social stuff, it actually stands out. I was walking down the street when some guy in a leather jacket insulted me. A little while later I saw someone else at a crosswalk wearing that leather jacket so I sprinted across and decked him to get back at the first guy. And then took off running like a crazy person. Or sometimes I'll find someone's car in their driveway and kick it to shit.

I'm now at the point where I find pointless mischief and property damage more amusing than serial murder and arson.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Towing cars with Franklin is freaking hilarious. Grab a car and then use his special when turning. When you get out of the special the car your towing gets launched around and you can smash it into other vehicles. The faster you go the more the cars will flip and flail around. It's incredibly entertaining.

Also, since I purchased the scrap yard, I run around to all the parking lots with a gas can and blow up as many cars as I can and then hide from the cops.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#41  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Drive-bys in golf carts and jet-jacking to go parachuting at insane altitudes are my favorites.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Capum15

I managed to steal one of those C130-like cargo planes from the military base. It took me like a thousand tries. If a tank or RPG / AA Missile didn't blow me up, they'd fucking crash a helicopter or jet into me.

I got so close one time, was at altitude with only two engines working, heading towards the airport, and a helicopter spawned infront of me right before I lost my wanted level. It then tried to land on the wing with the dead engines and turned everything into a fireball. The very next time I got it in the air, a jet immediately slammed into me.

Compared to that damn thing, stealing the fighter jets is a piece of cake. They take off fast enough so tanks shouldn't be a problem, and you can just continue climbing until the wanted level disappears. You just need to murder anyone nearby so they don't shoot you while taking 10~ seconds to get in the thing.

So yeah, I think I'm done with the military base forever now.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to just punch cars and see the AI react, often resulting in them panicking and running down innocent pedestrians. Its also fun to call the police and then starting a fight with some random person and watch them get arrested when the police show up.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just like punching random pedestrians.

Same. Especially after you max strength, the sound it makes when you connect and how hard they go down is awesome.