I feel like Trevors intro was a little silly(SPOILERS)

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krullban

I mean, it was pretty awesome to see too. But why was Johnny suddenly so terrible? I just re-played the GTA IV DLC and finished them yesterday so it's all fresh in my mind, and GTA V turned Johnny into something he never was in GTA IV. it doesn't really make any sense to me. Johnny even hated that girl and told her to fuck off at the end because she will never stop being a meth head.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@krullban: My guess is he ended up getting strung out on meth himself.

AlecOfTheWest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AlecOfTheWest

Yeah Johnny kinda felt a little shoehorned in. He never got bitched out in tlad. I felt pretty bad for him though, and still consider that the most fucked up scene in the game (so far).

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Between TLAD and GTAV he became a meth head. Being strung out on meth doesn't exactly bring the best out of a person, it brings out the worst (and, possibly, weakest) I could be wrong, but wasn't he meth head prior to TLAD as well (could have sworn he said something about being sober from it)? If so, he could have easily relapsed (cooking meth probably wouldn't help)

If not, that was 5 years ago. Anything could happen in that stretch of time. His story wasn't left off in the happiest of places at the end of TLAD; his club was in ruins and people close to him died. It's easy to succumb to drugs under those circumstances, especially when leading a life of crime.

I thought it was a great moment for the series, and don't think it was shoehorned in at all.

Also, him telling Ashley to 'fuck off' doesn't add finality to their relationship. I've told people I never wanted to talk to them again, and still talk to them.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Seppli

Guess what. Johnny done fucked up. Unsurprisingly.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Lost and teh Damned, and i thought it was awesome. I mean it makes sense he slipped and became a meth head. But dammit! Terry and Clay! i fully upgraded those dudes! they could take on full swat teams by themselves, and they're downed by a redneck awkwardly shooting his pistol from a pickup!? PISSHAW!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A better fate than Mr.Strawberry jam

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Krullban

I loved Lost and teh Damned, and i thought it was awesome. I mean it makes sense he slipped and became a meth head. But dammit! Terry and Clay! i fully upgraded those dudes! they could take on full swat teams by themselves, and they're downed by a redneck awkwardly shooting his pistol from a pickup!? PISSHAW!

Clay died for me because he randomly fell off his bike. I don't even know what happened.

edmundus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did Trevor's intro last night and was shocked at the cutscene. I remember thinking L&tD was a pretty depressing story (BoGT was more fun) so seeing Johnny go out like this was brutal. Really let me know from the get go what kind of guy Trevor is.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sucked for me because I really liked Johnny and the TLaD story in general (especially the ending) and it kind of trivialized his death (at least so far, dunno if they follow up). Like damn, that's it?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trevor banged Johnny's girl then killed him it was abit sad.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It sucked for me because I really liked Johnny and the TLaD story in general (especially the ending) and it kind of trivialized his death (at least so far, dunno if they follow up). Like damn, that's it?

And then Terry and Clay are just shot off their bikes, and that was it for them.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

There's a news report about Ash later in the game.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I know what you're say but during the lost and the damned didn't it sometimes come up that Johnny was at one point or is during the game using meth. So now five years later he's not really the man he used to be, also this shows how much of a monster Trevor is. We as the player spent so long with Johnny and saw a full arc for him, and now the first time we really see Trevor he kills Johnny in quite honestly a really pathetic way. Johnny gets his head kicked in over a gutter by a guy just fucking his girl, and Johnny was completely helpless to it. Then Trevor goes a pretty much wipes out most of the Lost destroying what we built up (sort of) in TLaTD. It just shows how fucking bat shit insane Trevor is.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trevor is a silly man.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

@greggd said:

@dystopiax said:

And then Terry and Clay are just shot off their bikes, and that was it for them.

Kill em like street dogs. It's a bit depressing because I liked them especially for their respect towards one another and how they went through a lot in the expansion story. The situation and the mission altogether displays that Trevor doesn't give a fuck.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nitrocore

I wasn't really a fan of his entrance myself to be honest, they certainly start off in the deep end with him. He kinda reminds me of Waingro, except he's not 100% asshole. I guess they had him in mind considering the Heat theme, they even throw in a "Slick" later on, which was nice.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was shocking to me because I liked Johnny quite a bit more than either Niko or Luis and found the Lost and Damned storyline more compelling than the main game and BoGT as well. It's clear that, in the 5 years since GTA IV, Johnny lost a lot of what I liked about him. He became just another tweaker thug. Apparently. Still made me sad to see him go so brutally, though. But fuuuuuck, Trevor is fantastic so far.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@krullban: My guess is he ended up getting strung out on meth himself.

That was my impression as well. He was definitely a very different person than he was in Lost and Damned, but yeah, I think that was totally intentional, and I think it worked.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I enjoyed Lost and the Damned's missions and wrinkles more but didn't like most of the characters including Johnny, so in a way it was gratifying for me. I'll admit I felt that awkwardness about his becoming a tweaker, though. He destroyed the Lost MC in Liberty City just to protect his honor, basically, and then after all that transformative action he's just as bad as the woman he left crying on a burned down doorstep five years ago. That's probably appropriately depressing for the Lost storyline (there's some bleet in the game about "the Liberty City curse continues") but it didn't feel right to me for the character.

That said, great scene. And I almost felt bad about wanting to run his girlfriend over until I remembered she was the root of nearly all his problems, and I had just seen what Trevor was all about, so...

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A better fate than Mr.Strawberry jam

No stuffed animal deserves that fate.

bluetorchtv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might have been said, however reading this thread requires more time/effort than I am willing to allocate to my response. ... If you didnt know who Johny was (that was his name right?), than Trevor's opening is close to perfect.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was 'fun' because I'm indifferent about Johnny.

As someone who's beaten GTA IV four times, for some reason I found both DLCs extremely boring and I quit both of them halfway through, so I never finished the biker story or the gay tony story.

Did I miss out? I don't think so, I think Johnny and his friends were a bunch of Rtards on their bikes.