#1 Posted by JakeMoore1106 (51 posts) -

As you can see in the title. Is GTA V coming out for Xbox One and PS4? Do you know?

#2 Posted by A_E_Martin (306 posts) -

Rockstar have said they have no plans for next-gen consoles, so most likely no, at least not for a good while.

#3 Posted by Maajin (1082 posts) -

It probably will come, at some point but, as with the PC version, it is still unnanounced.

#4 Posted by JakeMoore1106 (51 posts) -

@a_e_martin: @maajin: Okay thank you both. Hopfully it does come out for Xbox One and PS4 because then that would be quality.

#5 Posted by Morningstar (2232 posts) -

Would be nice, I reckon the PC version will be out before that though. Nobody knows though(except Rockstar)

#6 Posted by believer258 (12102 posts) -

Nobody knows except Rockstar, and they say that they aren't planning on it.

It's possible they're just saying this so that people will buy the current gen versions, then sometime early next year they might say "Well, changed our minds, here's your 1080p 60FPS anti-aliased GTA V!" and people will buy it all over again.

#7 Posted by HiroKedyn (32 posts) -

I don't see GTA V coming to next gen consoles, as other people pointed out Rockstar said they have no plans for it. I could see them releasing GTA Online for the next gen systems, but not anytime soon.

#8 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (735 posts) -

I think it will happen. Remember when GTA was PS2 exclusive for a long while then all of a sudden GTA showed up on XBOX with improved graphics? I definitely think a re-release with all the DLC on Next-Gen is totally possible.

#9 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

of course we don't know. but we can guess.

maybe

#10 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

my guess is most definitely yes

#11 Posted by Nitrocore (369 posts) -

No, everyone who wants to play it already has it, or will get it for the current gen consoles. Why would they waste time and resources making it shinier just for a small group of people?.

#12 Edited by RonGalaxy (3263 posts) -

Asking if it's coming to those platforms or not can yield different answers.

Will it come to those platforms, in the far future, as PS3/Xbox 360 classic games, with no enhancements, like the ps2 games did for this gen? Maybe? I think this answer is more likely

Will it get a proper port with graphical and performance boosts? I would be surprised, but they did do something similar with the Bully: Scholarship Edition. Though I doubt anything like this is even close to being in production

#13 Posted by StrainedEyes (1328 posts) -

Rockstar isn't really known for re-releasing an "HD" version of a game, I think Bully might be the exception.

Maybe GTA: Online will find it's way over.

#14 Posted by ninnanuam (288 posts) -

I think it depends on two things, 1 is there a PC version 2, will it be hard to port that version to the new consoles?

#15 Posted by SharkEthic (1062 posts) -

No, everyone who wants to play it already has it, or will get it for the current gen consoles. Why would they waste time and resources making it shinier just for a small group of people?.

Yup, it just doesn't seem profitable for them to do so. Also, the game already looks pretty incredible on current gen tech.