#1 Posted by pyrodactyl (2183 posts) -

It seems like ennemies go trough light body armor and half your health in like pistol 3 shots. Than you die in like 2 more shots because you can't get more than half health. I thought having max starting strenght would help with resistance but I get completly destroyed by hillbillies and gangbangers, completing the story missions by the skin of our teeth most of the time. Not sure what's going to happen when I have to take on a SWAT team or the army.

#2 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

You die more easily in this than other GTAs, no doubt. Makes me play differently.

#3 Edited by pyrodactyl (2183 posts) -

@mideonnviscera: sure, I liked in single player but it feels like you're made out of tissu paper in multiplayer

Edit: oh wait, I just remembered, you can use healing items in multiplayer

#4 Posted by MiniPato (2743 posts) -

The strength stat affects how much damage you take. I'm not sure if that just means melee combat damage or bullet damage as well. But that could be a factor. Then again Trevor has a higher strength stat than Michael and they seemed to take the same amount of damage.

#5 Edited by kaos_cracker (630 posts) -

Just play more carefully, I been doing that and having a great time with the multiplayer

#6 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

In death matches i have been a lot more stealthy. Climbing on high buildings and killing enemies. Its a great feeling in my opinion having that stress factor. Cant wait to dive back in it again.

#7 Posted by Amikron (334 posts) -

Yeah man I know what you're saying, this online mode is so hard that I can't even get into the first race! They really upped the difficulty from single player, at least in that I could do the missions. Made it much easier!

#8 Edited by Devil240Z (3396 posts) -

do races. no risk of dying no money investment. just profit. also steal a car and sell it from time to time. I just sold some random jeep thing for 6k. but the mod shop wont take too many. so its pretty infrequent to get to sell one.

#9 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I don't know, it's still entirely broken for me

#10 Edited by Capum15 (4930 posts) -

do races. no risk of dying no money investment. just profit. also steal a car and sell it from time to time. I just sold some random jeep thing for 6k. but the mod shop wont take too many. so its pretty infrequent to get to sell one.

It's apparently once every in-game day. So about once every 48 minutes or so. That's just what I've heard though, since I've only ever sold one car for 3.5k. Still, good money for not much work.

#11 Posted by MiniPato (2743 posts) -

@capum15 said:
@devil240z said:

It's apparently once every in-game day. So about once every 48 minutes or so. That's just what I've heard though, since I've only ever sold one car for 3.5k. Still, good money for not much work.

Yeah, just sell cars in between like 4-5 jobs.

When I ranked up, it said I got a "Max Health + 20/100." It looked just like all the other stat increases, but it came up multiple times after multiple rank ups. So I'm not sure if it's a permanent upgrade or what. But that may explain why you're so fragile. You have to upgrade your health to be more resilient.