MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

@krullban said:

Faceplanting technology.

Oh christ... I think I just found my new favorite thing.

Pharseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Plus it's not like every street is mega populated. Streets vary depending where they are anyways. We've seen footage of Franklin on the main sunset street and there were a lot of pedestrians.

That's great news. I am happy that there's some populated streets, but I like the unpopulated every bit as much. Hate it when every street is populated to the nines and each street is a carbon copy of the next.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MINOR SPOILERS:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gifs didn't work.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

Gifs didn't work.

Nice to see the police are still crazy. Plus what's he done to Franklin :D

Sounds stupid, but I love the physics of the truck in the second gif. The environment looks great. Really must stop watching this thread but I can't resist. By the way as it been confirmed that you can drive the train?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Wow, loving the beard you can give Franklin. There's already now a lot more customisation than I was expecting in this game.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks so much better than IV, has a way longer draw distance and runs smooth across the board. RDR was already a significant leap in quality with that engine and then Max Payne 3 last years but this is something else for 7-8 years old hardware.

Rockstar are pretty good at making video games.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

So can several friends pile into a passenger plane? Can you walk around and see your character modeled IN the plane? I have so many questions.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By falserelic

Just to let you guys know. If you've haven't played the game do not look at comments on youtube for GTA V. A guy spoiled something about a character's fate from GTA 4. If your curious I'll have it marked as a spoiler block if you don't care, but stay away from youtube to avoid spoilers.

Johnny from Lost and Damned DLC gets beaten to death by trever.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#213 chaser324  Moderator

@falserelic: That particular spoiler has been floating around for a while. It was discovered in the audio extracted from the premature PSN preload.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: We've known about that for a while. I actually posted a topic about it 20 days ago.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Krullban
No Caption Provided

Rockstar are amazing developers.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how Franklin and his friend pause (speaking) whenever he hits another car, and then continue speaking when they're in the clear.

SO REALISTIC, no more quiet dialogue simultaneously while the characters' car is clearly crashing or getting bumped!

Loading Video...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 chaser324  Moderator

For real though, now that the pirate scum have their dirty mitts on the game, the spoilers are getting pretty thick out there. Protect ya neck.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, still images of a game in its 5th entry in the franchise. I can definitely parse useful information from these screenshots, such as actual playability, frame rate, audio levels, and how it's different than previous games in the series.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Sterling

Ya, its time to stop looking at this stuff and just wait for the game. Too many people are trying to show story/missions spoilers now.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Sterling

Ya, its time to stop looking at this stuff and just wait for the game. Too many people are trying to show story/missions spoilers now.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, still images of a game in its 5th entry in the franchise. I can definitely parse useful information from these screenshots, such as actual playability, frame rate, audio levels, and how it's different than previous games in the series.

If only the thread were filled with GIFs and videos...

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Video outside the city.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

@likeassur said:

If only the thread were filled with GIFs and videos...

The thread really should have been called

It's leaked now. Legit in-game images/gifs/videos

In order to prevent confusion that this thread might not be filled with images/gifs/videos.

I came in here expecting early reviews from the Ukraine.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking for a place to climb out and escape the cops...
Looking for a place to climb out and escape the cops...
...climbs the massive piece of concrete with fat rebars sticking out into his belly :/
...climbs the massive piece of concrete with fat rebars sticking out into his belly :/

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban: I cannot wait to get a bike and tear ass across that desert. Just WOW.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Krullban
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FRANKLIN DON'T CARE.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I knew Franklin looked familiar when I first saw him. The guy that played in the Movie The Wash plays as him. I remember seeing that movie years ago when I was a kid.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FRANKLIN DON'T CARE.

Now that's my sort of public transport.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just spent a while looking into buying a device that allows me to connect mouse and keyboard to my PS3. It seems far more un-supported and risky than I thought, fuck, guess waiting for the PC version is my only option :(

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I just spent a while looking into buying a device that allows me to connect mouse and keyboard to my PS3. It seems far more un-supported and risky than I thought, fuck, guess waiting for the PC version is my only option :(

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think input device has anything to do with why most people want GTA V on PC. I've never found the keyboard/mouse controls to work all that well in previous PC ports of GTA games.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officegamer said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think input device has anything to do with why most people want GTA V on PC. I've never found the keyboard/mouse controls to work all that well in previous PC ports of GTA games.

Yup, it's the mods people want.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Holy shit! Danny McBride hosts one of the radio stations ahhhhhhhhh

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officegamer: your love of mouse and keyboard with GTA games frightens me.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#236  Edited By Nodima

Oh man, such a minor change in the grand scheme of things but so cool to see the radio stations splayed out on a weapon wheel rather than scrolling through each one individually. Not only more convenient for the user, more accurate to how most people experience their radio these days with presets.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#237  Edited By Yummylee

@thiswholethread

Loading Video...
Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@chaser324 said:

@officegamer said:

My favorite thing to do in GTA IV is to enjoy big firefights by popping heads with the pistol, swiftly moving the camera back and forth between my enemies as I run and change cover, and getting them in the legs quick when they run.

The lack of precision on gamepad sticks (which leads to reliance on the built-in aim assist lock), the relatively low speed of moving the camera and the fact that having to press A/B/X/Y makes me momentarily release the right stick (as opposed to being able to jump/roll/etc on the keyboard with one hand while simultaneously controlling the camera with the other, never having to release it) basically kills the game for me.

People always make it seem as if what I'm talking about is marginal and insignificant, and it blows my mind when PC dudes say so as well. What's more important than having complete control over your shooting reticle and being able to spin the camera in 360 degrees around you when surrounded by enemies, in a fraction of a second?

I loved RDR on the PS3, but really, I ended up avoided firefights because they felt so lame, it turned into an adventure game for me for the most part. It's like going horse-riding in real life, only the horse is mechanical.. It feels dead to me.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#240  Edited By Nodima

I've never enjoyed aiming with a mouse. The last FPS game I was really into was Dark Forces, which I'm pretty sure was all keyboard still. I tend to slow down how fast the aiming moves the screen in games, too.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By jimmyfenix

@krullban: In regards to the first GIF i saw it in the stream. I thought it was fake until he controlled franklin and followed the dog to kill that cop!.

But its good to the see the cops get their revenge on ice cube in the second gif.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@chaser324 said:

@officegamer said:

My favorite thing to do in GTA IV is to enjoy big firefights by popping heads with the pistol, swiftly moving the camera back and forth between my enemies as I run and change cover, and getting them in the legs quick when they run.

The lack of precision on gamepad sticks (which leads to reliance on the built-in aim assist lock), the relatively low speed of moving the camera and the fact that having to press A/B/X/Y makes me momentarily release the right stick (as opposed to being able to jump/roll/etc on the keyboard with one hand while simultaneously controlling the camera with the other, never having to release it) basically kills the game for me.

People always make it seem as if what I'm talking about is marginal and insignificant, and it blows my mind when PC dudes say so as well. What's more important than having complete control over your shooting reticle and being able to spin the camera in 360 degrees around you when surrounded by enemies, in a fraction of a second?

I loved RDR on the PS3, but really, I ended up avoided firefights because they felt so lame, it turned into an adventure game for me for the most part. It's like going horse-riding in real life, only the horse is mechanical.. It feels dead to me.

You can't tell me that you honestly believe WASD is the optimal way to control vehicles, though.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Krullban
No Caption Provided

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit! Danny McBride hosts one of the radio stations ahhhhhhhhh

HOLY SHIT REALLY? Oh man! Goddammit, that's really exciting.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officegamer: Unfortunantly Rockstar took it down :(

a bit off topic but i found this.

No Caption Provided
RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By RonGalaxy

@officegamer said:

@greggd said:

@chaser324 said:

@officegamer said:

GTA4 is a cover shooter; the game is designed so you DONT need to turn around on a dime. And if you did, you can cycle through targets to lock onto pretty easily with a controller.The disparity between accuracy on Mouse and keyboard vs a controller isnt as magnificent as you think it is.

Also, the lockon in GTA4 locks onto a target, but allows for you to move the reticle around their body to shoot more precisely. Headshots/kneecap shots are effortless on a controller.

Seriously, have you even played the game with a controller? Ive played it with both options and much prefer playing with a controller. Driving, especially, is much easier with a controller. And dont get me started on trying to fly a helicopter in that game on M/K. I went out and bought a wired 360 controller because it was so bad.

And RDR is a third person cover shooter as well. It's, literally, impossible to avoid shooting.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By MachoFantastico

@jimmyfenix: Insanely awesome... if a little creepy. Especially Michael, what is going on there.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officegamer: Unfortunantly Rockstar took it down :(

a bit off topic but i found this.

No Caption Provided

Max Payne and Old Wolverine cameos confirmed!