Lets put things into perspective

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Krullban

I always see people saying they worry that the map looks too small, then people of course yell at them. If you actually put things into perspective and compare the map of GTA V with maps you think are large. You get this.

San Andreas compared to the same spot in GTA V

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Graphics have improved a bit.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SamStrife

I think the city size is going to blow a fair few people's minds when they jump in. It's easy to forget that as large as San Andreas was, the cities themselves were tiny and a lot of the game was just wide open, barren space.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also love how they bascially assigned each character their own area

Trevor - Blaine County

Franklin - Grove Street

Micheal - Vinewood

All of the 3 areas look very detailed and thats not counting Mount Chiliad and the Ocean

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

I never even realised there where people saying the map looks too small. Like, really? As if complaining about its textures and how it's clearly going to run at 15fps wasn't enough

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Map size doesn't worry me, it doesn't matter if the city is larger than Liberty City and San Andreas combined if it doesn't have interesting activities to do. So far, the things they have announced seem good enough. I hope there are way more unique random characters to encounter than before so it makes traversing the city fun and exciting.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@probablytuna: Not sure about the Random Characters, per se, but they have confirmed that the emergent ambient activities that first showed up in Red Dead are returning.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dacnomaniac

I have no idea what the difference is. They both look the same...

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By spraynardtatum

how you say...sprawling?

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Delicious, delicious graphics <3

Man, that picture right thar is photorealistic. There really isn't much more to do in the way of graphics, we have really reached the real-life looking stage in video games, soon the developers will actually start improving their AI and gameplay mechanics rather than focusing on graphics like they have, obsessively, since Half-Life 2.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As we learned from FUEL, a huge world is meaningless if there's nothing to do in it. And even if there are things to do (L.A. Noire) it doesn't mean that it's any fun.

GTA 4 was a big disappointment for me, so I'm keeping my expectations low for GTA 5. Hopefully they make GTA fun again, like it was with San Andreas.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo said:

As we learned from FUEL, a huge world is meaningless if there's nothing to do in it. And even if there are things to do (L.A. Noire) it doesn't mean that it's any fun.

GTA 4 was a big disappointment for me, so I'm keeping my expectations low for GTA 5. Hopefully they make GTA fun again, like it was with San Andreas.

Seems to be a lot to do in GTA V, and apparently they all feel great. IGN says the Tennis feels exactly like Top Spin.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Please tell me that's sarcasm.

Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greggd said:

@dacnomaniac said:

Obviously

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, look at that moon! GTAV has no moon, it's obviously inferior to San Andreas!

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herk said:

@greggd said:

@dacnomaniac said:

Obviously

You would think so, but you never can be too sure. Especially on a gaming forum.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think Rockstar have outdone themselves with this game. Even by Rockstar standards this game is crazy in scale. I can definately see why it took a massive team 5 years to make this game. This is going to be one of the few games that is a steal at $60.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol so they threw a graphics mod on San Andreas.

/not serious

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How perfect would it be if they had ping pong in this game as an activity? They'd have started off this generation with Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis and ended with GTA 5 - with table tennis. It'd be perfect.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By nightriff

I just want a good story

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

How perfect would it be if they had ping pong in this game as an activity? They'd have started off this generation with Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis and ended with GTA 5 - with table tennis. It'd be perfect.

Since Yakuza 5 looks like it's never getting brought over here (:cryingface:), it would be swell if GTAV could instead sate my open-world crime game side-activity ping-pong fix.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22 chaser324  Moderator

@yummylee: GTA V might satiate your need for random side-activities, but it can't possibly fill the void of Japanese weirdness where Yakuza 5 should be.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

People change their complaints about this game every day. "Map's too big - can't run on consoles." "Map's too small - not enough of an upgrade."

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read about how much bigger the world is in V, but there's just something incredible about seeing a picture of it like that.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@krullban said:

@chiablo said:

Seems to be a lot to do in GTA V, and apparently they all feel great. IGN says the Tennis feels exactly like Top Spin.

Waverace duders, Waverace. If that doesn't sell you, may as well walk away now.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Guys, take it down a notch huh?

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

Good thing that graphics don't matter right guys? Personally I'd rather play a game that looks like GTA 3 since I don't care about graphics and I hate new hardware.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JouselDelka

@slaegar said:

@nictel said:

@jouseldelka said:

Good thing that graphics don't matter right guys? Personally I'd rather play a game that looks like GTA 3 since I don't care about graphics and I hate new hardware.

You're one of the people who confused "graphics don't matter" with "good graphics suck" and became irrational eye-candy haters.

"Graphics don't matter" means they don't make or break a game, because they're not as essential an ingredient as tight gameplay mechanics and a good story that makes sense. But they are an ingredient, just as sound design is, and both of those matter because they please the senses. A goodlooking game looks good, and things that look good are pleasant for the eyes. I'm sure you want your cellphone to work and your car to move, but if that means you don't care about your phone and your ride looking slick (if given the option), then... why? o.O

You can hate new hardware and technical innovation all you want, but you're missing out, because good graphics are delicious.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chaser324  Moderator

If this thread has proven nothing else to me, it's yet more evidence that text doesn't properly communicate tone. I really can't tell who in here is being sarcastic and who is being serious.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324:

For clarity I was being a sarcastic asshole.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Top: 360

Bottom:PS3

Source: Stephen Tortilla of Kotsaku.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, that picture right thar is photorealistic. There really isn't much more to do in the way of graphics, we have really reached the real-life looking stage in video games, soon the developers will actually start improving their AI and gameplay mechanics rather than focusing on graphics like they have, obsessively, since Half-Life 2.

No Caption Provided

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Dunno man, looks like PSone graphix to me.

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Willza92

so THAT'S what Blast Processing does.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Legion_

@yummylee said:

I never even realised there where people saying the map looks too small. Like, really? As if complaining about its textures and how it's clearly going to run at 15fps wasn't enough

I've never heard a complaint about map size, but it wouldn't surprise me, considering gamers complain about everything. Still, the map for GTAV is bigger than Red Dead, GTA IV and San Andreas COMBINED. It's big.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Crash_Happy

There's simply no point offering more and more space to do stuff in if there's a lack of stuff to do. The distance between becomes either a chore to endure or completely meaningless as you quick travel.

Also there's usually a whole lot of dead space padding it all out. Rockstar make great games, I'm looking forward to it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#37  Edited By monkeyking1969

The only thing that concerns me is I NEVER play any GTA games to the end. I always get hung up and quit playing half way through. The completion rate on GTA games is abysmal from what I hear, most games do not get played start to finish, but GTA games are considered the least competed games in the industry.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_: haha combinded...that sounds silly :)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that concerns me is I NEVER play any GTA games to the end. I always get hung up and quit playing half way through. The completion rate on GTA games is abysmal from what I hear, most games do not get played start to finish, but GTA games are considered the least competed games in the industry.

Yuuuup. There's always that ONE mission that makes me say "Fuck this!". I still put an insane amount of time into each GTA, but I've never actually finished one. I came close with GTAIV, at least.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@krullban: i've been waiting for a while for a game developer to capitalize on things they've learned from all their past games. Then i started watching Rockstar over this generation and seeing little by little how their tech across many games became more consistent.

The euphoria physics tech used in GTA4, RDR, and most recently Max Payne 3 has gotten better and better at creating on the fly character movements rather than the jerky canned animations of the past. They've seemed to have listened to fans in regard to improving their shooting mechanics over subsequent games and if it truly plays like max payne 3 as i've heard, we're in for treat there. Their outdoor/wildlife rendering was brilliant in RDR and looks to be present in some form here.

GTA5 is shaping up to be my long sought after "super-game" that encompasses all the awesome strides of past successes and meshes them all into a game in a way that makes sense.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unrelated.

Rockstar. Ya dun goofed.

No Caption Provided

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chaser324  Moderator

@krullban: I'm surprised that sort of thing doesn't happen more often when developers are using dev tools to do screenshots.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup bros. I've been isolated in the middle of nowhere without internet for a week, anything new pop up related to this game?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup bros. I've been isolated in the middle of nowhere without internet for a week, anything new pop up related to this game?

Tons.