On which platform are you getting GTA V?

• 124 results
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Poll On which platform are you getting GTA V? (593 votes)

Xbox 360 30%
PS3 42%
Will wait for other... 24%
No interest in buying the game... 4%

I was just curious on which platform everyone was getting GTA V. A friend at work has convinced me to preorder it on my recently purchased PS3. I have a 360 too, but I hope it turns out well on both machines.

• 
SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Already preordered my copy for the PS3.

I can not wait.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

360 for me. Too impatient to wait for PC, & besides, it'll run like poo on this machine. But I bought the 360 the day GTA4 came out so...

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm probably going to end up paying twice for this game.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

If it's not some horrible port, the PS3 version. I stopped paying for LIVE a long time ago so I see no reason to get this game on the 360. If that version does end up being turrible though I'll probably get the PC version later on.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still thinking about it. Either PS3 or I will wait for the PC version but the last trailer looked soo good that I do not want to wait 6 or more months until the PC version gets released.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

PS3. Like most people will.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@collegeguymike said:

If it's not some horrible port, the PS3 version. I stopped paying for LIVE a long time ago so I see no reason to get this game on the 360. If that version does end up being turrible though I'll probably get the PC version later on.

Considering that the gameplay video they just released was captured on PS3, I'd wager that Rockstar feels that version is either better than or equal to the 360 version.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Already preordered my copy for the PS3.

I can not wait.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling about about PS3 version, because that is the one they have been showing. But it could be just them saying "hey look, we did not fuck up the PS3 version this time".

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Still waiting for them to say if it's coming to PC. I just hope that it's not a broken terrible port like GTA 4.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'll be getting it on the BEST console on the planet the XBOX 360 obviously, only true gamers play on the X brother!

Also, yah thats the only one I have at the moment since I let my older brother just have my PS3 after beating Last of Us - I think I bought the PS3 just so I could play the 5 or so exclusives that were worth checking out this generation, almost seems like a waste.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I will be getting it on the ps3.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

PC.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

360 because I'm not even going to bother playing games on my PS3 anymore. My enjoyment of TLoU was hindered greatly by the awful jet engine sounds that my PS3 makes anytime I try to play anything. If I didn't have a ps4 on the way I might think about replacing it, but as it is I don't see the point

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

PS3 but if they are going to do a PS4 version I hope they tell us so I can cancel the preorder on Amazon and get that one.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@ll_exile_ll said:

@collegeguymike said:

Considering that the gameplay video they just released was captured on PS3, I'd wager that Rockstar feels that version is either better than or equal to the 360 version.

That's what I imagine as well, but who knows. There's just some history of those versions being slightly below their counterparts, is all.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By sungahymn

360, 'cause that's all I got.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

is there some reason why ps3 would be the preferable version? Did i miss something?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mano521 said:

@castiel said:

is there some reason why ps3 would be the preferable version? Did i miss something?

I think many people already traded in their 360 because there is nothing wort playing on it anymore. Also people right now are on a Sony hype train and that also can influence your choice. Furthermore: The gameplay you have seen was from the PS3 version so people may think that it will be the better version.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

360!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I got too burned by 4 to have any interest in the game. But depending on coverage and how the PC port turns out, I might get that down the line. No hurry.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JouselDelka

I own a PS3 but I'll wait for a PC release..

I need to play that game with high frame rate and mouse head-shotting. RDR on the PS3 was such an inferior experience but I stuck through because it was one of a kind.

All that "release and hold right trigger to auto-lock on next enemy" combat sucked the life out of me.

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA IV is my favorite game of this generation. It's a little dated now, but my friends and I still go back and play it on a semi-regular basis. It's usually our post Battlefield 3 game when it's been stressful, we just go cruising around and blow shit up.

Getting it on the 360 since I still play mine. If it comes out next gen as well, I'll end up buying it twice as long as the multiplayer is fun.

spookytapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't decide. Leaning toward PS3 but for the amount of time I know I will spend on that game, I really would prefer to use the 360 controller. On the other hand, I let my Live Gold membership lapse and this is probably going to be a hoot to play online. So, uh, PS3 I guess.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360... can't wait to see what GTA Online is all about.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mak_wikus

PC.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If PSN allows me to pre-order it and download before release I'll get it that way. Same as I did with The Last of Us. I have no idea if this will be possible though. If not I might just get the 360 version.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@mano521: @darji: Playstation 3 is also the main console or what ever you call it. The 360 version is for once going to be the port and not the other way around.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

PS3, but if I like the game a lot I can see myself getting a PC version later down the line.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#30  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I own both 360 and PS3 but going 360 since my PS3 sounds like a freaking jet engine every time I turn it on.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@crusader8463: I'm sure it will come to PC, the question is *when*. For my money there will be a PS3/360 release, then a PS4/XB1 release, then a PC release.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting for them to say if it's coming to PC. I just hope that it's not a broken terrible port like GTA 4.

I think Max Payne 3 is the definitive proof that their new tech is 100% PC friendly. That game ran too well on the PC :)

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

@mano521: @darji: Playstation 3 is also the main console or what ever you call it. The 360 version is for once going to be the port and not the other way around.

Have they said this?

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure I'll get it on PS3. Is the Xbox version on 1 or 2 discs?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ps3 is the place to be, do you agree?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3, because I don't feel like buying Xbox Live anymore. But I'll buy it again on PC when that happens.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By reisz

I'm probably going to end up paying twice for this game.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

Have they said this?

I think one of the game informer dudes was saying that GTA V was developed on the ps3. I may be wrong about that though.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

PC.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otacon: 2 Discs for 360. First disc for install.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SeanFoster

Siiiiiiiiigh. PC. Can't wait to play it in Spring 2014.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

The P...C? Fuck.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360...the PS3 has already been retired to the "archives".

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@darji said:

@mano521 said:

@castiel said:

I think many people already traded in their 360 because there is nothing wort playing on it anymore. Also people right now are on a Sony hype train and that also can influence your choice. Furthermore: The gameplay you have seen was from the PS3 version so people may think that it will be the better version.

There is nothing of worth in terms of exclusives left on either console. Xbox got Halo 4 and PS3 got the Last of Us. Most people will buy it on whatever platform they're more comfortable with. Even though it's 2 discs on the 360 they've already confirmed that you will never have to swap them in and out so it doesn't make a huge difference.

So no @mano521 there isn't anything anyone knows for sure yet about which version is better. I'm pretty sure Max Payne 3 identical on both consoles and since this is that engine or a modified version of that engine then it will continue to play the same. Safe to say, until the game hits the shelves and we have concrete evidence about how either one runs there is no point in listening to people talking about what they heard or what the lead platform was.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Coafi

So, you guys are saying the PS3 version is the better version?

I already pre-ordered the 360 version, but if this is true I'll change my pre-order.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DharmaBum

@peasantabuse said:
@castiel said:

Have they said this?

I've read that both versions were developed simultaneously, so there is no lead platform. I assume they showed off the PS3 version in the trailers as reassurance since IV wasn't as good on PS3.

Guess we'll have to wait for a Digital Foundry analysis.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll get it for PS3, as I recently bought one and my Xbox is lying around somewhere. I still need to hook that thing up so I can play The Walking Dead: 400 Days. Also, I'll probably want to try online and don't want to pay for Gold.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Waiting for PC. I just can't do consoles anymore.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360, I can't deal with load times and patching process on PS3, that and if Max Payne 3 and Red Dead were any indication it'll probably run better.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pre-ordered it for the 360. I just remember hearing alot of bad things about the PS3 version of GTAIV, that this time around even though I own both systems I'll stick to it on 360.