Outfits and switching characters

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By TheAdmin

Every time I switch, the new person is wearing something completely different. Is there any way to control this more? Select "approved" outfits? I bought some nice clothes for Franklin but every time he shows up he's in a tshirt and shorts - I hate going back their house to change before missions every time.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

No, I just finished the game last night and never really figured out this system. It seemed like buying matching clothes would create outfits and increase your likelihood of wearing something, but I never got a handle on what someone would be wearing.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I hate how you can't save outfits you like or delete clothing that you don't want the characters to wear anymore.

CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the worst is when i buy a bunch of sweet clothes for franklin, and then he always ends up wearing sweats and a tank top looking like a scrub.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how I bought a bunch of nice clothes for Trevor, so I could switch back to him just wearing his underwear and boots.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it. Except when Trevor insists on wearing his ugly ass polo shirt.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I hated it at first, but I much rather prefer this feature, it adds to the illusion that they are doing their own things while I'm controlling another character.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well once I switched to Trevor and he was in a dress, so I think this feature is alright.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I wish you could save outfits and set up a rotation for them to wear. These three mofos have millions of dollars after doing heists. They can afford a couple of god damn suits.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jArmAhead

@andorski said:

I wish you could save outfits and set up a rotation for them to wear. These three mofos have millions of dollars after doing heists. They can afford a couple of god damn suits.

For all of the other attention to detail, it surprises me that they don't change the rotation as time goes on. Michael already dresses well because he's already rich, but it'd be nice to have at least Franklin start wearing nicer stuff. Trevor on the other hand, I think it works for him.

I also think however that it'd be crappy if they just always wore what you put on em. They just needed to do better with utilizing what you bought and using more expensive clothes as the game progressed and they made their money.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

There needs to be an option to turn this on or off, because for a bit I'd like them to wear the way I want to set them up. I'm trying to set it up with Franklin as Denzel Washington's character from Training Day, Michael as the most interesting man in the world, and Trevor as the Joker, but they keep changing.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm cool with it, atleast it uses from all the clothes you own. It also changes things up a bit, instead of having them look the same all the time.

If they wear something I don't like, it just gives me an excuse to buy some new clothes.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy more clothes, I always get different suits for Micheal.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Scrawnto

I was in the cutscene where Michael and his wife are arguing and the yoga instructor shows up saying, "Did someone say yoga?" and then Trevor showed up in a pair of short-shorts and a pink tank top saying "Did someone say yoga?" and it was fucking glorious, so I think I'm alright with it.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nitrocore

I've had it work both ways. I think it might have something to do with how long you leave a character to do their own thing. I've had weird moments like when I left Trevor wearing some diving gear, and when I went back to him later on, he was trying to find food in a garbage can while still wearing it.

I've also gone back to characters after a lengthy period of time, only to find that the character was in the same place that I left them. I think that dice may be involved.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well once I switched to Trevor and he was in a dress, so I think this feature is alright.

This happened to me 2 nights ago. He woke up on a mountain with a beer and said he would 'eat the warm liver of the deer who pissed on him'. That was the greatest thing I've seen all year.