Paid $30 for 360 version, never played it. Should I upgrade?

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This is a question geared more towards people who have played the next gen version of the game. I bought GTA 5 off a friend for $30 forever ago but haven't gotten around to playing it yet because of a huge backlog of 360 games. I wasn't planning on buying a new console for a while but I ended up buying both. Being stubborn, I don't want to feel like I threw $30 down the toilet, so I can either play the 360 version now and buy a next gen version down the road when it's cheaper or just buy the next gen version so I get the optimal experience the first time around. I'm just afraid I'll be burned out if I play the 360 version first then upgrade. Any thoughts?

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By j0lter

If you don't have a decent pc, then I would say yea, definitely worth the purchase. The next gen consoles allowed the graphics to be what they were intended to be.

Sarge__Gunnerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The graphics do look amazing on the next gen consoles. I'm kinda also trying to decide whether the FPS mode alone is worth the purchase.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The game still looks amazing on 360 but the upgrade has a couple of new side missions as well as FPS mode. To me, it really doesn't matter which version you want to play. It's a great game regardless of which one you play.

geardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The graphics do look amazing on the next gen consoles. I'm kinda also trying to decide whether the FPS mode alone is worth the purchase.

The FPS mode is great fun. It works pretty well and does a good job of heightening the immersion - so it's worth it. If you already bought a version of the game, you might want to wait for the next sale though.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

play the original one first for a bit then upgrade, theres a bunch of content unlocked for returning players.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I played through the game in its entirety on 360 when it first game out and then played through it again in its entirety on PS4. I say play the copy you already have. It's an amazing game.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I'd say yes. Playing and beating the last generation version I would lie to you if I didn't say I'm super exciting about replaying the game on pc.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Probably not?

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By WickedCobra03

Bought the PS3 version right around launch, kind of fell out of games for a year or two until I up the ps4 gtav bundle for $300. I feel kind of bad I spent $60 on a game where I.only played the first part.