#1 Edited by HurricaneIvan29 (301 posts) -

I couldn't have been the only guy that saw him.

So during the mission "Predator" in which you begin by switching to Franklin as he's chasing the O'neil brothers in their jeep, you play as Michael in the Company Heli (accompanied by the amazing Trevor Phillips) with a sniper rifle equiped with a thermal scope that you use to track down the brothers amongst the plentiful deer throughout the forest after their crash. When zoomed completely in you can make out the shapes of the heat signature easily.

Well while I was zooming in on random heat signatures I stumbled across a humanoid shape beneath the the signatures I was currently looking at. I panned down to it and it was standing very still. There it was, Bigfoot. No doubt about it. It had clear markings. Its belly had a circular patch of heat signature that was lighter than the rest of it, thick chunky extremities and a huge neck. Must have been 150% of the height of the O'neil brothers signatures.

Here's the weird part! When I switched off thermal to get a better look, nothing was standing there... just grass... I switched the thermal back on and... nothing. This was in a matter of 2 seconds. On, off "what?" on "WHOA!"

...just like that... Did anyone else experience this?

#2 Posted by bigjeffrey (4156 posts) -

Yes big foot is in the game.

#3 Posted by Freezer_Burn (206 posts) -

Welp, I guess I shot Bigfoot. I saw something walking around during that mission, and assumed it was an O'Neil Brother. I remember it didn't count as one, but didn't think much of it at the time.

#4 Posted by falserelic (4941 posts) -

#5 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (301 posts) -

@falserelic: Hmm... gonna choose not to watch. Don't wanna spoil it for myself.

#6 Posted by falserelic (4941 posts) -

@falserelic: Hmm... gonna choose not to watch. Don't wanna spoil it for myself.

True, something funny does happen at the end of the mission.

#7 Edited by Hailinel (22704 posts) -

After Red Dead Redemption, I would have thought that Rockstar would retire the joke. I was wrong!

#8 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

@hailinel said:

After Red Dead Redemption, I would have thought that Rockstar would retire the joke. I was wrong!

Rockstar retire a joke? Madness!

#9 Edited by ReCkLeSs_X (422 posts) -

@hurricaneivan29: FYI, this mission only unlocks after you 100% the game. Happy collecting!

#10 Posted by HurricaneIvan29 (301 posts) -

The best part about the Bigfoot mysteries and Easter eggs with the old San Andreas was just that, the mystery behind it. Not just placed blatantly in a mission. Leaving it to the player and community to piece together clues to progressing the hunt and what not. Like the car that spawned on that hill in the woods that would roll down; the one that looked like christine. Stuff like that. It was just there for the players to figure out.

#11 Posted by jimmyfenix (3680 posts) -

@hailinel said:

Rockstar retire a joke? Madness!

I cannot wait to see Bigfoot in agent.

#12 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4480 posts) -

That was Bigfoot? I thought it was a bug; I zoomed in on something I assumed was an O'Neil brother and it disappeared.