Servers down. Deletion back to haunt us?

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Nothing from Rockstar so far but people are losing progress for sure, I assume I have but haven't looked yet. Occasional reports claiming character deletion too.

Anyone know any more?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I've had nothing but trouble since the 1.04 patch. I've been getting a lot of hang ups on launching session and loading screens. I assume I lost about 13K from this morning but haven't checked. I spent maybe 20 minutes in a server trying to get it to save but had no luck.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Played a bit last night, completed a mission with my friends/crew, game became stuck in a "Quitting Session" screen up in the clouds. Backed out the dashboard and I lost my level progress and money. Not sure if that was because I jumped back to the dash or because game glitched, so don't take my word for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, and it was working perfectly (for once) for the hour or so I played last night. Lame. So much for trying to get into the online this weekend.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Evilsbane

Guess what I am still not touching!

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'll be playing some Dark Souls tonight.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just checked and it seems like my deathmatch stuff from this morning saved. I assumed it didn't since when I quit into free roam it said save unsuccessful. Everything after that didn't save. So I only lost 7K out of the 13K I assumed I lost, and my character still exists.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The servers were sketchy last night it kept saying "Oh shit we didn't save cloud servers are down!" then like two minutes later a "Save Sucessful" popped up. I checked to make sure social club was reflecting my current in game level money count then quit. Apparently everything saved so Im good but make sure you check that social club is reflecting your status otherwise your progress didn't save.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems that if you follow their warnings you'll be ok. Not the ones from weeks ago, but what Demoskinos just mentioned.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to be as bad as it was at the start for me. Just lot's of 'server down' messages.

Personally, I was never happy with the advice to quit back to single player since if a save failed, how would I know? For a good while I was doing various things that seemed to force a save, before heading back to the story. I just wish that they could add an option to hard save.

Oh and also the server ate my much loved GBPS gang symbol from my car! It was bad enough that it pinched my hair.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_happy: The most irritating thing is the mask glitch. Ive been getting thud glitch where if I equip a mask the only way it lets me remove it us by equipping something like sunglasses that requires the mask be removed at which point my character goes bald. So, been avoiding wearing my mask.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Clonedzero

I haven't had any issues so far today, i did get a "it didnt save........oh wait yes it did" message, but aside from that it seems ok, for me at least.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played it earlier on and kept getting the cloud save error message. Now every time I try to load it up, my character doesn't show and I'm presented with a level 1 character instead.

atlfalconsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By atlfalconsfan

I spent over 20k on a car....and lost it.

This new update sucks, thanks a lot rockstar

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Oh God. I'm now super anxious about loading GTA Online up again after hearing about the return of character deletions... If I've lost my characters yet again, after the game running well enough that I could get to rank 45, then I might just be done with this thing altogether.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no, I won't have anything to show for my time in GTA Online if I lose a level or 20k.. oh dear god why!
But no seriously, I have not had an issue yet.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Humanity

I logged in at like noon and did some races, gained two levels, bought some guns. Logged in again a few hours later and none of it saved. Kind of a bummer.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Coafi

Anyone know if it's working now on the PS3 side?

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coafi: It seems to be working fine for me on PS3.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skyrider said:

@coafi: It seems to be working fine for me on PS3.

Ok, great! I'll be playing later!

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lost 4 levels and all my cash. My garage is still there though. When are we going to get those 250K?

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KirkyX

Lost a few levels and my bank, too. I'd just unlocked turbo tuning for my Sultan...

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope not, considering I spent around 300k yesterday.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Seppli

Lost 7 levels and 50k today, which is odd, because I only made 4-5 levels this afternoon. Good thing I spent most of my income on vehicular tuning. Now all that's missing is a souped up SUV and Sports Classic. Sports Classic is going to be a bitch. Well - finding that modern Baller Gallivanter hasn't gone all too well either (there's two models, and only the *modern rounded* one has the good stats).

I really should have kept playing FarCry 3 instead of wasting an afternoon on GTA Online. Fuck's been lousy with bullshit since day 1.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

In the UK since the update I've not been able to connect to a server for more than 10 seconds without getting 'trouble connecting to server' prompts. Haven't lost any progress as far as I can tell and judging by other peoples comments it looks like Im just gonna go back to playing the story mode again until the next patch comes out.

At this rate Rockstar are gonna have to issue another 500,000 stimuli to make up for yet another fuck up :/

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By pr1mus

No progress has saved for the last two days. Honestly i'm just about done with this. There's not all that much to do in the first place and unless a group of friends gather for an evening playing this has been a chore for the last couple days.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sucks, since the patch I haven't had any issues at all.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Humanity

@pr1mus said:

No progress has saved for the last two days. Honestly i'm just about done with this. There's not all that much to do in the first place and unless a group of friends gather for an evening playing this has been a chore for the last couple days.

Really agree on the friends part. Unless I'm playing with either of my two friends into this, which happens rarely these days as our schedules don't align, playing by yourself can be an exercise in frustration. To this day I won't shoot another player on sight, then they run me over and shoot me, and I always find myself blurting out loud "dood why?" Freeroaming gets you literally nothing apart from losing a bunch of money from deaths (thankfully they lowered the cost down to $500 for dying.) Missions are fun but ultimately not a wise choice since you can earn twice as much money in half the time from doing short races than attempting to actually complete some of the longer missions out there, which have now gotten completely gimped in the payout department. I've spent probably around 200k now on modding a car that keeps reseting back to default but my money certainly doesn't come back.

When you get some friends, or fun people, it can be a pretty cool experience - but more often than not it's either a grind or complete frustration.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spraynardtatum

Is this the future of the cloud?

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, since the new patch I lost about half a level, my new tattoo, all the clothes i bought and the upgrades for my car but they sure as hell remembered to save the money i spent on all that stuff. It was over 100k

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Doing missions with the crew has often been a good laugh. Bit of a shame it's not easier to string some together sourced from the whole group.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_happy: IF only actually getting crew members into your games would be easier. You'd think with 300 members it wouldn't be an issue to fill a lobby, alas..

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#33  Edited By Hailinel

Lost 4 levels and all my cash. My garage is still there though. When are we going to get those 250K?

How many people will actually be able to keep that 250K before the cloud swipes it away?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: A lot of the crew members at least for PS3 either finished playing GTA V story and didn't bother with online or played online for like 5 minutes and never logged on again.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Yah I thought something like that happened but really.. 300 members.. is it really possible that 250 of them are inactive because I seem to only ever play with the same 10 people from our crew, @clonedzero being the guy I see on most often. Maybe we just have similar schedules?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Not sure, I play with aim-assist and I know @clonedzero has succumbed to the dark side of free aim. I'm pretty sure it's just terrible matchmaking on behalf of Rockstar. I don't know much about programming or coding multiplayer games, but whatever it is they weren't ready for this - which is made even more weird when you consider how much time and money they spent making the game.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Clonedzero

@humanity said:

@demoskinos: Not sure, I play with aim-assist and I know @clonedzero has succumbed to the dark side of free aim. I'm pretty sure it's just terrible matchmaking on behalf of Rockstar. I don't know much about programming or coding multiplayer games, but whatever it is they weren't ready for this - which is made even more weird when you consider how much time and money they spent making the game.

Yeah, i'm all free aim now. I like it so much more. I gotta use peer pressure to get duders to play missions now.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: Half the time I don't know what mode I'm in. I keep seeing that prompt 'You need to change mode to join, ok?' and I hit ok. So I'm back and forth and sometimes only find out what mode I'm in when I get jumped and have to return fire.

Really, the match making is aweful. Not fit for purpose at all. There's a not very small list of features I wish the game had and that would be fine if it weren't for all the bugs. Probably my favourite so far is when I walked into my garage to be greeted by an explosion and the game telling me I just killed myself.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_happy: it doesn't even ask me, just switches me over to the terrible free-aim for missions where it's clearly ill advised to use it. I don't even see why you can't intermingle the two "groups" in those missions since you're not competing against the other players - it's a team effort against the AI. It's not like you get more money for more kills, everyone gets the same payout in the end. I'm more than happy to let the crazies continue playing the game with free-aim, trying to outperform a bunch of code were pitted against while I have fun with the game my own way. It's another poor decision in a game already full of really bad design decisions.

GIyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The theory of the game will be alright in a few days after release...... doesn't hold up, if lots of people still actually want to play the game :/

That's why a multiplayer environment like this will never work unless it's got the funding and servers to back it up from day 1.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I still haven't done the second heist yet.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Crash_Happy

@giyn: I don't think there's any way it could have held up to day one pressures. Obviously Rockstar haven't released any numbers but with sales so massive I've seen pundits speculating that way more people were trying to play than were playing WoW at it's peak. Really the problems have been partly lack of communication but mostly the bugs. I couldn't log in at all for several days and then when I could, I kept getting stuck at the first race. And that's not to mention the deletion of characters (seriously, hitting retry deletes them?).

They have now officially said they reduced the income on "repeated" missions. Well so how come I mostly get offered the same missions? If they want me just run new ones fine, but when I spent ages only being offered the same ones I really feel it's them not me. I'm seriously thinking some new contact has bugged out for me.

@humanity I agree that's just one failing. Even if it was a setting at the start up screen 'Allow mixed aim' or some such.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_happy: I think it's level specific. For the longest time Martin would ONLY give me Out of Court Settlement, which was a quick 9k. Now I seem to only get Death from Above, which is a huge hassle considering the meager 2500 payout I get now that I've beaten it already. It's strange that when you request a mission it doesn't give you a list of available jobs. As previously mentioned, just another weird design choice.

GIyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giyn: I don't think there's any way it could have held up to day one pressures. Obviously Rockstar haven't released any numbers but with sales so massive I've seen pundits speculating that way more people were trying to play than were playing WoW at it's peak. Really the problems have been partly lack of communication but mostly the bugs. I couldn't log in at all for several days and then when I could, I kept getting stuck at the first race. And that's not to mention the deletion of characters (seriously, hitting retry deletes them?).

They have now officially said they reduced the income on "repeated" missions. Well so how come I mostly get offered the same missions? If they want me just run new ones fine, but when I spent ages only being offered the same ones I really feel it's them not me. I'm seriously thinking some new contact has bugged out for me.

@humanity I agree that's just one failing. Even if it was a setting at the start up screen 'Allow mixed aim' or some such.

Xbox One Cloud: Imagine a World