• 91 results
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rowr

Well now that the first couple day sheen has worn off on whats technically great with this game, the jaggies are just raping my eyes. The textures I can live with but god the AA. just let this console generation be over.

Between the game destroying my soul everytime an establishing shot comes on displaying a plethora of funky cross hatch across los santos and trying to gunfight on a ps3 controller (playing shooters with this thing is like wrestling a bear) in a game catered for the laziest auto-aim ever, i'm regretting my choice to grab it early.

Now i'm stuck in that shitty limbo where I either have to push through it at much lesser enjoyment, or pick it up much later and play through the first 10 hours again.

Anyone else used to the luxuries of AA and high res textures wishing they waited? Just announce the PC version already and stop toying with our emotions Rockstar.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SomeJerk

The jaggies are the easiest to live with playing on HDMI, over Component on both consoles they get way worse, like a limit of analogue video has been hit somehow, and on a CRT the game is pure eye-killing vomit. (CRT GTAV is also brain killing, headaches, driving around becomes difficult like something doesn't work right, like it was never tested on CRT or at least a 576i 50hz CRT. I tried a bunch of my PS3 games on CRT and it really is busted.)

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you can't stand it then don't play it. Simple as that.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Damn Rowr, you sound like some addict looking for their AA fix. I wonder if your setup is what's killing your eyes. I've seen a lot of people who play their PC and consoles on the same monitor. I use two separate monitors. My PC has its own and then I have my consoles on a much larger living room tv. I'm further away when playing on my living room tv and much much closer on my PC. But if I played everything on the same monitor, I'm sure I would notice the difference.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaLe

You are sitting too close to the screen, simple as that. (Seems I basically said what Claude did -- I'll take it) I just noticed I also said simple as that, which another poster said, but I swear I didn't read anything before posting... Subliminal I tells ya.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC elitists are the worst, i play on a 43'' screen and i sit 3 meters away from the TV. i can barely read the text much less see jaggs, also i need new prescription glasses.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nitrocore

News just in, Rockstar are making a PC version of Gta 5, for the 10 people that think they're too good for the version that everyone else has.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Eh I got used to it after an hour or so

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It was really jarring to start with. But I soon got used to it. Don't even notice it now.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe that I've been flagged for some of the things I have, but nobody seems to care that this idiot compared seeing imperfect graphics to rape.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't believe that I've been flagged for some of the things I have, but nobody seems to care that this idiot compared seeing imperfect graphics to rape.

No one gives a shit. The rape comparison isn't directed towards any one, so it's not against the rules.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah there cool guy, I doubt they are raping your eyes.

Also I'm glad I can enjoy games without being disrupted by less than perfect graphics. Yeah, it would be nice if it looked better, but it doesn't bother me.

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Jrad

I seriously thought about buying GTA5 and digging out my PS3, but frankly I'm so accustomed to buttery-smooth framerates and beautiful 1440p visuals, I think it'd take me hours to adjust to the dated graphics. I decided I'd just wait for the PC version and enjoy it fully from the start. I need AA even at 1440p -- at 720p, the jaggies must be horrific.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I'm glad I can enjoy games without being disrupted by less than perfect graphics. Yeah, it would be nice if it looked better, but it doesn't bother me.

Rape : To plunder or pillage. Jesus fucking christ guys. I hope you're fucking kidding.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claude said:

@mideonnviscera said:

@village_guy said:

Rape : To plunder or pillage. Jesus fucking christ guys. I hope you're fucking kidding.

No, it sounds stupid absolutely any time somebody says something like that. Or actually, it sounds childish.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claude said:

@mideonnviscera said:

@village_guy said:

No, it sounds stupid absolutely any time somebody says something like that. Or actually, it sounds childish.

The raping of ones eyes is nothing more than a euphemism.

I can't believe we're debating this. Crazy.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if you walked into a room and everyone was like "argh that movie sucked so bad, it totally raped me" you wouldn't roll your eyes and walk out?

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I agree that the aliasing in this game is really intense. I game on a projector and I actually shrink my screen size down when I play this. I would never say that something is raping my eyes, because I'm not 13, but it does make it hard to look at sometimes.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if you walked into a room and everyone was like "argh that movie sucked so bad, it totally raped me" you wouldn't roll your eyes and walk out?

If I heard that, yeah. But if the individual said that movie raped my eyes, I would be like damn, sorry it sucked for you. No skin off my back.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claude said:

@mideonnviscera said:

If I heard that, yeah. But if the individual said that movie raped my eyes, I would be like damn, sorry it sucked for you. No skin off my back.

I just don't make a distinction between the two. I see it as an attempt to be "edgy" by using suggestive language that they can argue is appropriate if confronted. Like a kid discovering they can call their female dog a bitch, or if I ran around calling every bundle of sticks I saw a faggot. It's just irksome, like teaching Jr High or something.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mideonnviscera: The title of his thread says that jaggies are killing him. Should we call for help. He's being killed and his eyes raped. Oh the humanity! Much ado about nothing. I'm done.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@claude said:

@mideonnviscera said:

I just don't make a distinction between the two. I see it as an attempt to be "edgy" by using suggestive language that they can argue is appropriate if confronted. Like a kid discovering they can call their female dog a bitch, or if I ran around calling every bundle of sticks I saw a faggot. It's just irksome, like teaching Jr High or something.

DEFINITION MEANS NOTHING WHEN I CAN MAKE CONTROVERSY.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rowr
@claude said:

@mideonnviscera said:

@claude said:

@mideonnviscera said:

@village_guy said:

The raping of ones eyes is nothing more than a euphemism.

I can't believe we're debating this. Crazy.

Call the police i said the word rape on the internet!

I heard it means bad things!

Funny how if i said it "killed" my eyes no one would give a fuck.

Has this suddenly become the gamespot forums from five years ago or something?

@claude said:

Damn Rowr, you sound like some addict looking for their AA fix. I wonder if your setup is what's killing your eyes. I've seen a lot of people who play their PC and consoles on the same monitor. I use two separate monitors. My PC has its own and then I have my consoles on a much larger living room tv. I'm further away when playing on my living room tv and much much closer on my PC. But if I played everything on the same monitor, I'm sure I would notice the difference.

I actually use the same 50' tv for pc and console and i'm about 3 ish metres away - as far as i can be.

I think it's just a case of being used to games being anti aliased as fuck on the pc so it's a lot more noticable. Probably in much the same way as games of older gens look that much worse going back to them after the new consoles are released.

I'm guessing when this does eventually get a next gen or pc release people might realise how good it actually could look.

@mideonnviscera said:

@claude said:

@mideonnviscera said:

Well see it however the fuck you want. Maybe in your fricky dicky society it sounds unusual, and your obviously using the word completely in the wrong context in this example. You might say, "ugh this music is raping my ears" you wouldnt say "ugh this music is raping me".

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After completing GTA V I went back and played some RDR: Undead Nightmare. If you think GTA V looks bad oh man going back to RDR will seem like a nightmare to you.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Claude

@rowr: Just happy to hear from a familiar face. A true Giant Bomb Patriot.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with this thread?

@rowr Yeah, they bugged me for a little while but I got used to the jaggies and the low framerate quickly enough. I put it on free aim because the shitty auto aim feels like cheating, but the free aim doesn't feel right either. I've gotten used to it, though, and I'm having fun with the game. I'm fine with not waiting for the PC version.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Nah man. Don't notice em.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You know, having just watched the premiere of Parks and Rec the other day, you would fit perfectly alongside the slug lady and all the other petty complaints Lesley had to deal with.

I hope your eyes never have to witness the horror of Super Mario 64 or Deus Ex, I mean gameplay can never compensate for poor textures and AA in a video game....

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ben_H

I didn't really notice. But I play my Xbox stuff on a TV and my PC games on a monitor and don't mix the two so I am used to how each are supposed to look.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rafaelfc
No Caption Provided

You mean these guys? They're really easy, just roll around a bunch to dodge their attacks, when they stop you beat the crap out of them.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I got over the aliasing after a while. But my god, that framerate. That will probably haunt me forever.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By TobbRobb

Holy crap, "raping my eyes" turned into an argument? This fucking bandwagon needs to die asap.

Also yeah, AA isn't the main reason I'm waiting for PC, but it is one of them. Especially since I sit close and plug my consoles into my monitor. Stuff like that can look really bad in some games. It sure did in GTA 4.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just amazed every time a new AAA game is made playable on 7 year old hardware at all.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SomeJerk

@vextroid said:

I got over the aliasing after a while. But my god, that framerate. That will probably haunt me forever.

Can be due to an old unhealthy HD in your console, if you actually have a framerate so bad it makes playing difficult. A bunch of 2006-2008 360s have a hard time handling the game at all.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This whole thread is dumb. OP, replies, the whole shebang.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignoring whatever is happening in this thread, the real problem for me is that when you install the 360 version, the pop-in is completely ridiculous.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Gruff182

This is the exact reason most PC players have chosen to wait.

You're not supposed to say it out loud though dude! They get mad and call us names!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sit within 2 feet of a 32" TV and the aliasing didn't bother me at all when I noticed it(which was very rarely). And I primarily play games on my PC.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, it was hella jarring dropping down to 720p with no AA. :(

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the jaggies are getting to you, then you know you've finally become Brad, and may God have mercy on your soul.

microshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm primarily a PC gamer who loves to try to max out all the settings but no....I don't really care about the jaggies. I think the game looks very impressive a lot of the time and I really don't expect 8 year old hardware to have 16xAA or whatever. Would I prefer this game on the PC? Duh, because then I wouldn't have such long load times or occasional pop-in.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sooty

I am still amazed at how good the draw distance is / how far you can see traffic. It does look pretty bad at times but nice lighting helps a lot.

Though having said that, the frame rate drops constantly and that's fucking annoying. It seems to hold up better than GTA IV though. (and at least it's technically far more impressive, which makes the framerate dips more tolerable)

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Ignoring whatever is happening in this thread, the real problem for me is that when you install the 360 version, the pop-in is completely ridiculous.

I ordered a ten dollar 16 gig flash drive for this intent, and it works wonders. Install the mandatory content to the HDD, and the game to the USB drive...solvin' the problem.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone denying there is jaggies in this game or blaming the display is on crack. Yes I can't stand the jaggies and framerate after playing a fuck ton of pc games but after a while your eyes get used to it. Then you go back to a crisp smooth pc game and you have to readjust all over again. Still an amazing game and I'm gonna pick up the pc version as well when it comes out so just suck it up or wait.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#48 chaser324  Moderator

@buneroid said:

Anyone denying there is jaggies in this game or blaming the display is on crack. Yes I can't stand the jaggies and framerate after playing a fuck ton of pc games but after a while your eyes get used to it. Then you go back to a crisp smooth pc game and you have to readjust all over again. Still an amazing game and I'm gonna pick up the pc version as well when it comes out so just suck it up or wait.

I definitely don't think anyone can really deny that there are aliasing issues, but it's going to bother certain people more or less. My personal opinion is that it's a necessary evil to achieve a reasonable framerate and draw distance on such dated hardware, and it really isn't something that's been detrimental to my experience. Once I get into it, I barely even pay attention to those jagged edges.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, having just watched the premiere of Parks and Rec the other day, you would fit perfectly alongside the slug lady and all the other petty complaints Lesley had to deal with.

I hope your eyes never have to witness the horror of Super Mario 64 or Deus Ex, I mean gameplay can never compensate for poor textures and AA in a video game....

"I said I wanted some of them gone! Not all of them!"

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

I am still amazed at how good the draw distance is / how far you can see traffic. It does look pretty bad at times but nice lighting helps a lot.

Though having said that, the frame rate drops constantly and that's fucking annoying. It seems to hold up better than GTA IV though. (and at least it's technically far more impressive, which makes the framerate dips more tolerable)

That's funny. I actually haven't noticed too many heavy frame rate drops. But yeah, the draw distance is incredible for the hardware this game is running on. I'll take a few jaggies any day. Definitely not something to complain about when the game runs as well as it does, there's a wealth of things to do, the world is huge, and it looks otherwise really pretty.