• 66 results
#1 Posted by Castiel (2560 posts) -

I don't think it's going to suck, but tomorrow is the day we will see the reviews, if I understand correctly, and what if the reviews are bad? I think the world might explode. All the angry letters to reviewers and shit... oh man it's gonna get ugly.

I don't want to be the guy that writes the first bad review of the game, personally I don't get angry over reviews but the peoples of the internet sure do seem to take this kind of stuff serious.

Btw. I don't hope for this game to be terrible, heck I even pre-ordered it, but what if the game fails to live up to expectations? World war 3 is what I'm saying.

#2 Posted by Clonedzero (4198 posts) -

If it sucks, then meh, it sucks.

Having seen a bunch of gameplay videos that were leaked i'm fairly confident i'm going to love it. Unless theres some horrible design choice or mechanic that i'm completely unaware of that ruins the game.

I don't think things will explode or anything if its bad, it'll just be a bunch of people being "MAN! this sucks!" then going off to play next-gen shit earlier than they planned.

#4 Edited by ionkinetic (122 posts) -

If it sucks... Well I already have the preorder and its in the mail so I will get the game no matter what. I will play as much I can before hating myself and then there are new consoles with Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

It's more like reviewers can't win, there will always be difference of opinions and noisy people will complain.

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Quiet, you!

#6 Edited by probablytuna (3603 posts) -

If it sucks then I guess I'll return it and play GTA IV again :/

I don't know, at this point hype has totally clouded my judgement so I cannot fathom a scenario where this game is not at least great.

#7 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

If it sucks, It will be the most expensive shitty game in videogame history. So there's that?

#8 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -
@canteu said:

If it sucks, It will be the most expensive shitty game in videogame history. So there's that?

It would truly have to be pretty goddamn dire to be able to take the title from RE6.

#9 Edited by jimmyfenix (3851 posts) -

@probablytuna: No female protags - 6/10...someones going to do it!!

#11 Edited by Humanity (9023 posts) -

I don't know, at this point hype has totally clouded my judgement so I cannot fathom a scenario where this game is not at least great.

But, but..why would you quit playing one (theoretically) bad game to go play another bad game?

#13 Edited by SunBroZak (1073 posts) -

My only real fear is that the game will run poorly, or be plagued with bugs. I don't imagine the game will be of poor quality in terms of the narrative, gameplay or what have you. Unless they pull a Colonial Marines and all that we've seen of the game has been lies.

#14 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1592 posts) -

@humanity said:

@probablytuna said:

But, but..why would you quit playing one (theoretically) bad game to go play another bad game?

Because GTA4 was not a bad game? Neither will GTA5 be, yet in 2 months 80% of the people that played it will somehow hate it as it happens with every popular game.

#15 Posted by probablytuna (3603 posts) -

@humanity: Eh, to each their own. I enjoyed my time with GTA IV.

#16 Posted by jimmyfenix (3851 posts) -

@sunbrozak: from what i have heard on Neogaf and people here about frame rate You can put your worries to rest.

#18 Posted by DazzHardy (702 posts) -

I don't think it sucking is a possibility. Rockstar has at least gotten to the point where there games are good, even if I don't like them much. My only concern is has Saints Row (4 specifically) ruined parts of the game that aren't what you really go to them for, but make up a chunk of the game, the big one being, will travelling between missions be kinda boring after having super powers to bound around a city.

#19 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

I seriously don't think it'll be bad, but well, even if it is the backlash can't be any worse than what happened with Mass Effect 3.

#21 Posted by falserelic (5395 posts) -

dought it.

it can't be any worse then GTA 4.

#22 Edited by BeachThunder (11802 posts) -

If it sucks then there will still be people that will say it's great.

#23 Edited by Baillie (4074 posts) -

@dazzhardy said:

I don't think it sucking is a possibility. Rockstar has at least gotten to the point where there games are good, even if I don't like them much. My only concern is has Saints Row (4 specifically) ruined parts of the game that aren't what you really go to them for, but make up a chunk of the game, the big one being, will travelling between missions be kinda boring after having super powers to bound around a city.

The difference between GTA and Saints Row is that the driving in Saints Row is pretty bland and pretty bad driving simulator. GTA looks to meld the realism from GTA IV and the more arcade-y fun driving from previous instalments.

#24 Posted by Kazona (3063 posts) -

@dazzhardy: While I haven't played SR4 (yet) I don't really see that being a problem. Sure, I'll probably make some comparisons between SR and GTA, but at this point in time they are so different--to me at least--that I doubt that anything in one game is really going to affect my opinion on the other.

#25 Posted by Humanity (9023 posts) -

@2headedninja: The people who do that are some of the worst on the internet. Like @probablytuna said it's a "to each his own" sort of situation although I think GTA4, unlike the previous installments in the series was somewhat polarizing. There are people like @baillie that really enjoyed the driving in that game, while in contrast I thought the driving in SR3 was great and GTA4's extremely clunky and not enjoyable. I'm really curious if GTA5 will bring the groups back together under a singular praise umbrella or if it's going to be GTA4 all over again where some people will really like it while others will be completely put off by it.

#26 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I hope it won't suck. I'm disappointed after Rome 2 and I need a pick-me-up.

#27 Posted by DazzHardy (702 posts) -

@baillie: See, I really liked the driving in Saints Row The Third, it felt more arcade-like to me, loose and kind of fast. GTA IV's more realistic driving was dull to me, mostly because I have no interest in realistic driving or actually driving.

@kazona: As I said above, the driving in previous GTA games hasn't appealed to me, and I really enjoyed how quickly SRIV let me get to the thing's I actually wanted to be doing.

Thinking about it, maybe I'm just not that big of a fan of the Open World part of Open World games, but they more often than not have parts that I also really enjoy, so I seem to keep playing them.

#28 Posted by Svenzon (718 posts) -

If it sucks, it sucks. Not the end of the world or anything. There are plenty of other games to play. I doubt it will be bad though.

#29 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

It's GTA, I highly doubt it. I'm not even big fan of the games but the amount of value Rockstar delivers with their games is something game devs should aim for.

#30 Edited by Marokai (2865 posts) -

I think if any bad outcome is likely, it's that it's "yet another gangster story" and some critics grow a little tired of it due to that, which could be perfectly understandable.

#31 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

There's going to a lot of unhappy people on the internet.

#32 Posted by leinad44 (506 posts) -

What I have seen from the leaked footage. We don't have anything to worry about.

#33 Posted by Hailinel (24284 posts) -

I seriously don't think it'll be bad, but well, even if it is the backlash can't be any worse than what happened with Mass Effect 3.

Do you really want to test the internet on that one?

#34 Posted by Chaser324 (6394 posts) -

@milkman said:

So, a typical Monday I guess.

#35 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Well if the game sucks I just have to retu-....Oh shit..I pre-ordered it digitally...No refunds.. Fug..

#36 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@milkman said:

Monday? There's no hate on a Monday. It's only love on Mondays.

#37 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

I think on its own terms it is going to be a success, if that makes any sense. What I mean is that Rockstar know how to make the game they envision and have the resources, talent and organisation to make it happen.

There well might be some people who don't like the games, as with IV. But even with IV I don't think anyone can say objectively that it was a bad game, just that they didn't like the direction and style R* chose.

If it was an objectively bad game, like RE6, then shit, I don't know. I have been so hyped for this game for months that if it was shit I think I would just walk, head bowed, towards the sea and let the waves swallow me.

Lets hope its good eh?

#38 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

@chaser324 said:

@milkman said:

Monday? There's no hate on a Monday. It's only love on Mondays.

Not anymore

#39 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

I think on its own terms it is going to be a success, if that makes any sense. What I mean is that Rockstar know how to make the game they envision and have the resources, talent and organisation to make it happen.

There well might be some people who don't like the games, as with IV. But even with IV I don't think anyone can say objectively that it was a bad game, just that they didn't like the direction and style R* chose.

If it was an objectively bad game, like RE6, then shit, I don't know. I have been so hyped for this game for months that if it was shit I think I would just walk, head bowed, towards the sea and let the waves swallow me.

Lets hope its good eh?

#40 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

Wouldn't be the first game to suck.

#41 Posted by SunBroZak (1073 posts) -

@sunbrozak: from what i have heard on Neogaf and people here about frame rate You can put your worries to rest.

Yeah, it seems like it'll be okay in that regard, which is a relief. Poor framerate has prevented me from enjoying decent games in the past. Looking at you, AC: Brotherhood.

#42 Edited by TowerSixteen (542 posts) -

While it probably won't suck by most reasonable standards, there is, on the other hand, no way in hell it'll live up to many people's monstrous expectation. It remains to be seen whether those guys will respond by covering their ears and going "LALALA THE GAME IS PERFECT OMG CITIZEN KANE OF VG'S!" or will do a 180 and demonize the shit out of it.

#43 Posted by BaneFireLord (2918 posts) -

I'll still be perfectly happy to get the game day one and play it, if only to see what the fuck went wrong first hand.

#44 Posted by GreggD (4486 posts) -

People made that comparison after Crackdown came out and GTAIV was announced. Lo and behold, I still loved IV to death.

#45 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Given that the majority of the people who have played previous GTAs don't think they suck, I doubt they will think this one sucks.

#46 Posted by MB (12206 posts) -

If you like GTA, then you will love this game. Trust me, I've been playing all weekend and can't put it down.

#48 Posted by TheLark (150 posts) -

It doesn't, i got it yesterday off amazon uk. The story has been pretty good so far but the game has had the occasional glitch such as pop in or paths removing themselves or certain parts of scripting not working. They have lightened the tone in certain sections of the game with certain missions being quite humorous. The map is ridiculously big but i've been mainly focusing on the missions to get through as much as possible before going back to work. If you like GTA then you will continue to like this name.

#49 Posted by Pr1mus (3857 posts) -

It's not going to. I watched a live stream for hours yesterday and already feel like i've got my money's worth.

#50 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1556 posts) -

@probablytuna: No female protags - 6/10...someones going to do it!!

Polygon is going to give it a way lower score than 6/10. No lead female and hookers. The two things they hate most.