• 101 results
#1 Edited by jasonefmonk (350 posts) -

I just decided to plop down the money on the pre-order. San Andreas was the series highpoint for me, so here's hoping.

The change to let players access the entire world from the beginning is something I'm excited about. With the world being so big, it will be road tripping my first time out.

#2 Posted by Yummylee (22041 posts) -

If it's structured like previous games (which is very likely), then I'll no doubt play through the tutorial story missions to unlock and learn the basics for so and so mechanics/features, and then I'll take to just exploring around, heading back to the story every so often. That's how I envision it anywhoo, as that's what I'm like with most open world games in general.

#3 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3065 posts) -

Missions, missions, missions, golf, missions, murder rampage, ad nauseum.

#4 Edited by Pr1mus (3951 posts) -

Drive around for 10h exploring and running over people.

I hope we can fly planes and choppers right from the start. If so, straight to the airport it is!

#5 Edited by HerpDerp (133 posts) -

#6 Posted by ShaggE (6548 posts) -

Hold the left stick forward and at a certain point press Y, most likely.

#7 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I just want to ride a bike, bruh.

#8 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2485 posts) -

I'll probably play like an hour of the story and then just fuck around.

#9 Posted by Ley_Lines (256 posts) -

@shagge said:

Dude, don't be crazy, you'll push X way before you'll press Y.

#10 Posted by MikkaQ (10317 posts) -

Steal a car and then reverse the car over it's previous owner. I play open world games like Vinny.

#11 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

@shagge said:

Dude, don't be crazy, you'll push X way before you'll press Y.

What if you are already in a car!?

#12 Edited by Szlifier (496 posts) -

Drive to the objective.

#13 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

As soon as the game puts me in the open world? Get into my car, turn on the radio, and cruise.

#14 Posted by awesomeusername (4208 posts) -

First I'll get on my friends account on my PS3 at 12:01 a.m. and download it. Then I'll go to sleep and play the game when I get back from class.

On a serious note, I'm going to do the missions until at least after the second bank heist. Then explore for a while. Then plow through the rest of the story.

#15 Edited by afabs515 (1176 posts) -

Become brainwashed by this murder simulator so that I think killing is a good fun time. Then, I'm gonna give copies of the game to small children, so they can do the same.

Oh Jack Thompson, I miss you so! We had so many laughs at your expense.

In all honesty though, I probably will wind up running a bunch of people the fuck down just cuz. lol.

#16 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Probably dive straight into the story. The washed-up criminal angle for Michael is really interesting to me so I want to see how that starts off.

#17 Edited by BigJeffrey (5074 posts) -

Turn the Camera towards me, start walking forward. Let that shit sink in

like so.

#18 Posted by TheNightWatch (36 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: That's a sick gif. And I don't often use the word "sick".

I'll probably just cruise around for the first few hours (after completing whatever amount of story there is in the beginning) and listen to the radio while admiring the scenery of Los Santos and carefully follow traffic laws.

#19 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

find that wooden ramp and base jump off it

#20 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

Go to Grove Street, if possible.

#21 Edited by gaminghooligan (1464 posts) -

Rampage. I gotta know if it's more fun than it was in GTA IV, because the cops/controls in that game were kinda bad. With this new Max Payne 3 style control system I feel like most of my minor complaints of GTA's past could be solved. Also I want to play as Trevor as soon as I can and drive around blasting rebel radio in the back country.

#22 Edited by TheHBK (5506 posts) -

Get a blow job from a hooker then get out and kill her to get my money back. What else can you do?

#23 Edited by RonGalaxy (3221 posts) -

Definitely main story missions.

#24 Posted by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

@thehbk said:

Get a blow job from a hooker then get out and kill her to get my money back. What else can you do?

Gotta get them blowjobs, but also gotta save up them dead presidents. I hear ya man.

#25 Posted by jimmy_p (278 posts) -

Go to grove street. Home.

#26 Posted by Nictel (2429 posts) -

Play through the story enough to unlock the freedom to go anywhere and then drive around doing random stuff. Unless the story is cool. I like to unlock all of it as it comes, in San Andreas I took over as much of the hoods as soon as possible.

#27 Posted by falserelic (5463 posts) -

Well play the tutorial as Micheal since you have to play him first. Then when I unlock Franklin I'll be playing as him. I find him more interesting then the other two characters. Afterwards I'm going to be playing some story missions and upgrade my character. If the side activities are fun then I'll put more time into them, but anyway as long it's not a repetitive as GTA 4 I'll be all good.

Now I'll probably play GTA online with some of my PSN homies aswell, and hit up them streets with my aswome character.

#28 Posted by HoM3R (207 posts) -

Just play the story until all three chars are unlocked and that might already the best part of the game, freaking love a good character introduction and you know R got that down. Loved the first GTA3 mission and the hole hustler beginning of San Andreas. Loved every hustle beginning of GTA more then the big shot missions, but with the later mission the gameplay picks up.

When I saw the question actually thought about alot of a holes going on a rampage, watch the fps drop, yelling CALLED IT!, now where is my pc version?

#29 Edited by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

Shoot a hooker.

Actually I'm going to dive deep into the story missions.

#30 Edited by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

Hope it was worth the wait for a PC release. In these kind of games I usually stick pretty straight to the main story line until I get the first side quest line or story unlocked and then I instantly stop the main story line until I complete all of the side quests. In GTA I mean specifically when you get a new guys symbol to appear on the map and not the random quest stuff scattered around the city. That stuff I pretty much never touch because I find it's always boring.

There's always some story mission that gets super hard and that I can never seem to get past. In San Andreas it was the mission where you have to drive the dirt bike next to the train. To this day I was never able to beat the game because I couldn't get past that mission due to not being able to drive the bike well enough. In GTA III/IV there was some rough missions where a bunch of guys just spawned on you all at once and you had to take a crap ton of them out. I could never beat it until I found cheat codes for the game. I'm sure this game will have a similar mission that I just can't seem to get past. There's always one in GTA.

#31 Posted by Digiwth (152 posts) -

I am going to do all the side missions/activities possible and collect all the collectibles if there are any because I am a sick person.

#32 Posted by 49th (2783 posts) -

Ride a bicycle off that mountain.

#33 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

@crusader8463: All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ!

The first thing im going to do is this..Underwater Shark....IM COMING FOR YOU!

#34 Edited by ShaggE (6548 posts) -

In San Andreas it was the mission where you have to drive the dirt bike next to the train. To this day I was never able to beat the game because I couldn't get past that mission due to not being able to drive the bike well enough.

Heh, I had the same problem, and always trainered my way past that mission. Then I replayed it a few weeks ago and just nailed it on my first try... go figure. Same with the toy helicopter mission in Vice City.

Now, the Zero missions... those are still bullshit.

#35 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

Install the game.

Then walk down the street, test how the controls and driving feel, and soak in all the atmosphere.

#36 Posted by TheFridge (94 posts) -

I'm going to probably spend 5 hours in story and then explore.

#37 Edited by cloudnineboya (829 posts) -

test out the motors, see how they handle.

#38 Edited by Nux (2381 posts) -

Try to see how long I can play the game as a law abiding citizen. No speeding or running red lights/stop signs for me.

#39 Posted by Yummylee (22041 posts) -
@shagge said:

@crusader8463 said:

In San Andreas it was the mission where you have to drive the dirt bike next to the train. To this day I was never able to beat the game because I couldn't get past that mission due to not being able to drive the bike well enough.

Heh, I had the same problem, and always trainered my way past that mission. Then I replayed it a few weeks ago and just nailed it on my first try... go figure. Same with the toy helicopter mission in Vice City.

Now, the Zero missions... those are still bullshit.

Some of those flying school missions in San Andreas were a bitch as well. Especially the one where you have to keep to a very specific altitude otherwise you'll get shot down.

#40 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2894 posts) -

Probably dive straight into the story, I actively want to avoid all the side story stuff. I want to play the narrative portions of the game without distractions.

#41 Posted by BaneFireLord (2949 posts) -

Play a round of golf and then beat someone to death with the club.

#42 Edited by Doskias (313 posts) -

I haven't been seeking a lot of information about this game, so I didn't know there were bicycles in it until reading this thread.

So I guess that's what I'll do. Ride a bicycle. For a while.

#43 Posted by Marcsman (3227 posts) -

Download it

#44 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4233 posts) -

Pay a hooker. Do it. Run her over slowly, and get a small percentage of my money back.

#45 Posted by Vanick (332 posts) -

Play through the tutorial and then just explore for awhile before jumping into some side missions. Maybe go hiking in the wilderness as Trevor and see if I can wrestle a bear in my underwear, because that will go well.

#46 Posted by sub_o (904 posts) -

Switch on subtitle, change the aim / fire buttons to L1 / R1.

Sit thru the tutorial ...

#47 Edited by NotSoAwesomeNation (2 posts) -
#48 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

1. Switch on subtitles.

2. Adjust gamma slider.

3. Play the missions.

I never had any sort of form roaming an open-world without a set goal. Never cloud play through AC just by engaging in random fights and jumping around rooftops. Never had fun just driving around or jumping around in SR 3 and 4. I highly doubt I'll have any fun driving in a straight line in GTA5 and murdering innocent NPC's for no reasons. I like structured goals. No more missions, no more side-objectives, then i'm out.

#49 Posted by TooWalrus (13235 posts) -

@herpderp said:

I was going to post exactly the same thing. We're so clever.

#50 Edited by leebmx (2247 posts) -

Masturbate furiously to the title screen music.