Will passage of time end a 5-star wanted level?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By rachelepithet

Using explosives on the fib trucks outside this 7/11 I was able to make the body of a destroyed vehicle barricade myself inside the store.

Now as long as I stay away from windows, no one is gonna come inside and kill me.

I'm essentially invincible but can't leave the store to try and beat the radar circle.

I'm wondering if I stay hidden and stop committing crimes long enough that the wanted level will go away or the three or four cops running around the outside of the store will ever drive away.

Is there a number I can call or website I can visit that will drop some of the heat?

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

nope

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Come out with your hands up- we know you're in there.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By OldGuy

Drop a grenade at your feet... when you leave the hospital, your wanted rating will be all gone...

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

From my experience on an airport run way..no. I got to the airport and wanted to see what would happen than BOOM! 3 stars. So I though okay let me find a spot they'll never look in, behind some sort of gas container. Sat there for 10-15 minutes with only the cops having their little vision triangles, not once did they spot me to figure out where I was. 15 minutes later they just kept coming and decided, just for the fun of it, too look where the gas container was. At this point I was spotted glitched into the side of the container and died. This was 3 stars....they will not stop at 5.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

From my experience on an airport run way..no. I got to the airport and wanted to see what would happen than BOOM! 3 stars. So I though okay let me find a spot they'll never look in, behind some sort of gas container. Sat there for 10-15 minutes with only the cops having their little vision triangles, not once did they spot me to figure out where I was. 15 minutes later they just kept coming and decided, just for the fun of it, too look where the gas container was. At this point I was spotted glitched into the side of the container and died. This was 3 stars....they will not stop at 5.

Unless you bought the airport, I think the wanted level will persist as long as you're on the runway.

I've escaped 3 star wanted levels plenty of times just from outrunning the cops and waiting it out. Although you can't really wait in one spot unless it's shielded from the helicopter's vision.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato: oh but it was shielded! I saw the light from the copter but it never caught onto me. This was one of the first things I did in the game so I was testing the waters of how long they'll look. The worst part was the getting stuck inside the container, I feel like I could have made it out.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@minipato: oh but it was shielded! I saw the light from the copter but it never caught onto me. This was one of the first things I did in the game so I was testing the waters of how long they'll look. The worst part was the getting stuck inside the container, I feel like I could have made it out.

Even if you had evaded them though you'd still be at the airport, which is an automatic 3 star rating until you buy a hangar there.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: You made sense the first time. I wasn't aware of this when it happened so I stuck around. But it was fun!