Will you read the reviews?

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Poll Will you read the reviews? (89 votes)

Yes, I want to know! 56%
NO 10%
I'll just peek at the scores... 34%

So seeing as the reviews are now imminent, do you intend to read them? I was planning on ignoring them entirely until I had actually immersed myself in the game but now I'm not so certain. In my mind I had been expecting the game to land on my doorstep this afternoon after watching Breaking Bad.

Since everything hasn't come up Milhouse for me I'm getting antsy and thinking about at least having a look at the scores and maybe even reading the Jeff review. The thing is, I've avoided every leak up until now so surely I should tough it out until tomorrow and go in as fresh as possible as I had initially intended.

What about you guys, thoughts?

• 
leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm just going to have a look at the scores until I have played a few hours tonight and then I will come back to see exactly why Jeff decided to give it 5 stars.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By excast

I always check out reviews before making a purchase. I like to have some sort of idea what I am in for.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3 gamer_152  Moderator

I've been avoiding leaks as well, but obviously the reviews aren't going to spoil anywhere near as much as the leaks. I'm pretty excited to see what people think of it and I will be reading the reviews.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Maybe? I don't plan on buying the game any time soon, so it might be interesting to read the reviews.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

I'll steer clear of any video reviews, but I'll certainly be reading some.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I don't read reviews period.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope, I'll be avoiding them until I experience the game for myself.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'll take a peak at the score, maybe read a few paragraphs that aren't talking about the story.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

I will read reviews off and on as I play. I've always been a fan of video game reviews. Love seeing the differing opinions and than comparing them to how I feel while playing in real time.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By excast

I basically just want to know how it runs. As a PS3 owner who was burned by Skyrim, I like to know how a game is going to operate and if it is worth investing money into right now. We've seen issues with console releases of some fairly big titles, so I think a little caution makes sense.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'll probably skim some to see if there are any technical issues I should be aware of.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll look at the review score and that's about it. I want to be fucking surprise when I play the game.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By MrMuscle

Yes I am actually waiting for a review to see if i should get it for the 360 or wait and see if there is a PC port coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just the final thoughts of the game with the score, hopefully it will be focusing on how the game works and not the story.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Right, I peeked at the Giantbomb and Polygon reviews and I'm a happy man. Now only the agonising wait for tomorrows post remains.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I'll probably just read the Giant Bomb review and read the comment section of any 8.5 reviews because they'll be hilarious.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EVO

Nah. I usually read reviews after I finish the game.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I already bought it so I don't really need to. I did check Jeff's score and looked for the word 'frame' to see if, as I hoped, the frame rate was solid. But that's about as far as I'll go.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I heard there are spoilers on the IGN and Polygon reviews so I'm staying the hell away. I want to watch Sessler's review but again, I fear spoilers will be in it. So far I've only read Jeff's review.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By probablytuna

@jimmyfenix: I always hated the way they say that at the end of their X-Play reviews. So glad he stopped doing that at Rev3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been using ctrl+f to search for 'frame' to see what everyone has to say about performance, and with Polygon's review I wanted to see how much they were riding their feminist high horse. But I already know I'm getting the game tomorrow so I don't feel the need to actually read any of them.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I looked at Jeff's review but that's probably the only one I'll bother with. I already have the game fully paid off so it's already too late for me to make a buying decision based off a review.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I only go for 3 reviews these days. Giant Bomb of course, Polygon, and EDGE. Everything else I check out in passing although I was going to get this game no matter what.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read Jeffs first and I'll probably read Kezas tomorrow after I play a little bit tonight at midnight!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think im done reading polygons reviews and stuff from carolyn from gamespot, i just cant trust them to review a game without coloring it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I don't read reviews. I will watch the odd one if there is a video review, but I can't be arsed to read one. I don't trust any reviewer to have the same taste in games -or to enjoy the same aspects of games as myself- so I will watch a video review because they tend to have more ingame footage of what the game actually looks like to play that you don't get from watching the trailers. I watched Adams Review over at Rev3 on youtube and it was pretty good.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will read them just to see what others think of the game. It really won't impact my opinion as i knew i was getting the game anyway. RockStar aside from max pain has not really let me down so i know what i'm signing up for.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read jeffs cus i like jeff.

I watched the gamespot video review cus people were flipping out over it. Turns out it was a 9/10 and people are stupid.

Aside from that I'm not watching/reading anything else.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've watched Adam Sessler's, and I've read Jeff Gerstmann's and Jim Sterling's. That's probably all I need.

I read jeffs cus i like jeff.

I watched the gamespot video review cus people were flipping out over it. Turns out it was a 9/10 and people are stupid.

Aside from that I'm not watching/reading anything else.

Heh. Yeah. It's weird, so many people are getting mad about the game getting a 9/10 from some outlets, when it seemed like everyone was pissed when GTAIV got a 10/10 from IGN.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read Jeff's review and peeked at some scores. I don't really need it anyway. It would just lead to me reading comments and hating myself for it.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No just look at scores and bathe in the praise

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Justin258

I've seen IGN's and Gamespot's video reviews.

dobschutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dobschutz

Just the GB review and even then i skipped parts about story/mechanics, i like mah surprises in games.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do a quick scan of Metacritic, see if any of the reviewers I like have expressed views that differ from the mean -either much better or much worse impressions- and then I will read those specific reviews to see why they really loved or hated something. That's about it.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I trust Jeff with my purchasing decisions, but not with my life.