Your Favorite Mission? (SPOILERS)

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Mine would have to be the one where you shoot down a plane with Mike and then chase it for miles down this massive hill on a dirtbike as Trevor. I don't remember the name of the mission but it was fucking rad. It really made the game feel gigantic for some reason.

The small bank robbery with juggernaut suits comes in at a close second.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Jewelry Heist, set the bar high for me early.

The Wrap Up was a pretty great moment too. The Mexican stand off with all the departments showing up guns drawn, really funny and was a memorable moment for me.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Wrap Up was a pretty great moment too. The Mexican stand off with all the departments showing up guns drawn, really funny and was a memorable moment for me.

You made me look that up on youtube because I couldn't remember what it was. That was pretty awesome.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That part was hilarious. I wasn't really expecting EVERYBODY to show up.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@buneroid: I think the plane sequence was my favorite mission as well! So unexpected when it happened, but so awesome.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buneroid said:

Mine would have to be the one where you shoot down a plane with Mike and then chase it for miles down this massive hill on a dirtbike as Trevor. I don't remember the name of the mission but it was fucking rad. It really made the game feel gigantic for some reason.

The small bank robbery with juggernaut suits comes in at a close second.

Definitely that mission as well. They just took great advantage of the huge world they crafted to set up an amazing cross country set piece.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

All the Kifflom missions. Having to run 5 miles in the desert in those stupid robes and a medal around your neck. When Michael starts using "Kifflom!" as a response to everything... holy shit. And the ending was exactly what I wanted.

The very end when all three of them are riding off to assassinate a different person was also pretty great.

Also that one dog.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I really enjoyed the mission where Michael gets his family back together and visits his therapist.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The bank heist was pretty great. All that ridiculous levels of resistance for a small time bank like that, and rolling around with Packie once again (lucky that I unlocked that "crazy Irishman").

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooseymcman said:

The bank heist was pretty great. All that ridiculous levels of resistance for a small time bank like that, and rolling around with Packie once again (lucky that I unlocked that "crazy Irishman").

Wait, how did you unlock Packie?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@mooseymcman said:

There's a store near Franklin's first house where he and some other guy were sticking up the place, but they didn't have a car to leave in. If you provide a car (may be only available to Franklin) and evade the cops, Packie says he'll help out if you need it.

If you watch the Vinny GTA V live stream archive, he encounters them at one point, but he decided to help the store owner by attacking the robbers, but Vinny died in the process.

As you might expect, Packie has really high stats, but he gets (I think) a 12% cut, so he's not cheap. Has a good bit of dialog in that bank heist mission about his heist on the Liberty City bank (same voice actor).

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nightriff

@nightriff said:

@mooseymcman said:

There's a store near Franklin's first house where he and some other guy were sticking up the place, but they didn't have a car to leave in. If you provide a car (may be only available to Franklin) and evade the cops, Packie says he'll help out if you need it.

If you watch the Vinny GTA V live stream archive, he encounters them at one point, but he decided to help the store owner by attacking the robbers, but Vinny died in the process.

As you might expect, Packie has really high stats, but he gets (I think) a 12% cut, so he's not cheap. Has a good bit of dialog in that bank heist mission about his heist on the Liberty City bank (same voice actor).

That sounds awesome, sad I missed that during my playthrough

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Nilazz

Minor Turbulence.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the one where Trevor has to return Patricia to her husband, and it plays "If you leave me now, you take away the greatest part of me!" I was Dying at that point it was so funny.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I think the game really peaked early with the jewel store heist. It was pretty disappointing that there ended up being only two "real" heists with a full team, especially since those two missions are probably far and away the best parts of the game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@milkman said:

I think the game really peaked early with the jewel store heist. It was pretty disappointing that there ended up being only two "real" heists with a full team, especially since those two missions are probably far and away the best parts of the game.

Yeah, of what I played so far, the jewelry store heist is easily the height when it comes to the missions. Though, of the non-heist missions, I did enjoy taking out the rival meth lab as Trevor. (But...who leaves a jerry can filled with gasoline just sitting in a meth lab? That seems like a very bad idea.)

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pr1mus
pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

(But...who leaves a jerry can filled with gasoline just sitting in a meth lab? That seems like a very bad idea.)

That lab is operated by about 12 inbred brothers!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@pr1mus said:

@hailinel said:

(But...who leaves a jerry can filled with gasoline just sitting in a meth lab? That seems like a very bad idea.)

That is a salient point!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Capum15
@pr1mus said:

@hailinel said:

And probably like 20 more just-as-inbred hillbillies too. I silently sniped like, 10 guys before they noticed me and I ended up dropping a good 6-8 more. Not counting the ones that drove off in both the cutscene and about a minute after.

As for me...option C was pretty great. As was the foursome at that plaza place. Had a big dumb grin when Trevor showed up.

The only thing I hated about the heists were that you never got paid for most of them. I loved the last one though, went the smart route.

There's too many moments that I loved to list them all.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manhattan_project: How do you start that stuff? I've seen their building but haven't done the missions.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mooseymcman said:

@nightriff said:

@mooseymcman said:

That sounds awesome, sad I missed that during my playthrough

Yeah I only saw him after my last heist was planned so I could never use him. It's the strip mall right around the corner from Franklin's house, and I've started a new game and have driven past there several times but have been unable to meet him. It's weird that they would make such a cool encounter seemingly so rare.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@e30bmw said:

@manhattan_project: How do you start that stuff? I've seen their building but haven't done the missions.

I guess this is extremely missable cause I haven't seen any of these missions at all, and I beat the game (or at least got the credits to roll). I'm guessing this refers to the cult, I've never actually driven anyone up there.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bigjeffrey

I died trying to escape the cops. :( w/ them

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@e30bmw said:

I guess this is extremely missable cause I haven't seen any of these missions at all, and I beat the game (or at least got the credits to roll). I'm guessing this refers to the cult, I've never actually driven anyone up there.

You need to go to epsilonprogram.com as Michael using the in-game internet.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By MEATBALL

I really enjoyed the Sawmill shoot-out. Loved how slick the subtle approach to the UD heist was. The Yoga mission was a massive highlight. Chasing Molly all over the airport was also awesome. Flying a plane into the back of that Merryweather cargo-plane was insane - the same goes for jumping a bike on top of that train.