• 75 results
#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

New Guilty Gear game announced at the Arc System Works event on May 19th. It uses the Unreal Engine and is directed by Daisuke Ishiwatari.

I assume this is at least coming to the PS4 because of the end of the trailer, because of no platforms announced, the "new era for ASW" mentioned and because this is in line with what they hinted before concerning next gen development.

Nico Nico link showing video at 60 FPS.

#2 Posted by Yadilie (380 posts) -

Unreal Engine.. ugh. Unless it's UE4 and that UE4 is actually a good engine when used in an actual running game. Also surprised that they're finally done rehashing the same release and going to a brand new fighting engine. Finally.

#3 Edited by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

New Guilty Gear? Fuck yes. I have waited long for this day.

#4 Posted by GnomeonFire (696 posts) -

What a ridiculous name.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

What a ridiculous name.

You don't know Guilty Gear, apparently.

#6 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

Wow, didn't expect this. I started to wonder if Guilty Gear's time was done, but this is pretty exciting news to me!

#7 Posted by GnomeonFire (696 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@gnomeonfire said:

What a ridiculous name.

You don't know Guilty Gear, apparently.

I played one, once. So no I don't.

#8 Edited by 71Ranchero (2675 posts) -

I was not expecting this and I am pleased. Glad it still "looks" like Guilty Gear even if it is 3d. Makes me realize even more just how shite SF4 looks.

#9 Posted by audioBusting (1477 posts) -

Is that all really on Unreal Engine? Looks fantastic! I suck at Guilty Gear, but I love the series because of how ridiculous it plays.

#10 Edited by BoOzak (881 posts) -

Am I a bad person for hoping this was a spin-off? I like fighting games but this just looks like a slightly crisper version of the other games.

#11 Posted by Eirikr (1006 posts) -

My ears are ready for a new Guilty Gear soundtrack.

#12 Edited by Animasta (14648 posts) -

how do you say XRD

(more importantly, how would the japanese say XRD)

#13 Edited by Petiew (1331 posts) -

@animasta: They say it in the trailer. So I assume like that.

I wouldn't be able to repeat it though to be honest.

#14 Edited by C2C (855 posts) -

@animasta said:

how do you say XRD

They actually say it in the trailer; Xrd = icks-ard. The Japanese would probably pronounce it ikuso-arudo.

It's hard for me to get hyped up for this game just off the trailer. They took too long to bring a proper sequel out, and what they did put out (Isuka and Overture) squandered most of the good will they had from me. Though I will be looking forward to the OST.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

@animasta said:

how do you say XRD

Ecks-erd

e-ku-su, in Japanese.

#16 Edited by stonepawfox (236 posts) -

ekussuahhdo

#17 Edited by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

I saw Millia Rage

I am sold.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

@boozak said:

Am I a bad person for hoping this was a spin-off? I like fighting games but this just looks like a slightly crisper version of the other games.

Slightly crisper? You mean you didn't notice how it's using a completely different graphics engine?

#19 Posted by rachelepithet (1349 posts) -

Welcome to the Xrd dimension

#20 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Neat! Honestly thought this would never be made!

#21 Edited by thediabolicalbm (12 posts) -

i just shit my pants from this news

#22 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4286 posts) -
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

#23 Edited by RioStarwind (485 posts) -

I've never been very good at GG but I still enjoy the crazy fighting even if I suck at it. Still looks great even though it's not 2d art anymore.

#24 Posted by RecSpec (3763 posts) -

Wow that looks nice!

#25 Edited by IrrelevantJohn (1029 posts) -

Knew this was coming! Finally.

#26 Edited by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

A new announcement before Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R patch for consoles is a bit suspect. All I want is Potemkin and his Heat Knuckle Extend.

#27 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Guilty Gear Xrd Sign Revengeance.

#28 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

I'm not very familiar with Guilty Gear, all I know is that Zappa creeps me out more than any game character. I don't know if I want to see him in 3D. But, since GGX is already taken, what's the acronym going to be? GGXS? GGXrd?

edit: Also, this is the future I'm looking forwards to! Screw realism, I want 3D models that look indistinguishable from 2D sprites.

#29 Posted by DocHaus (1314 posts) -

Well there went all the hype for BBCP :(

#30 Posted by cmblasko (1122 posts) -

So the characters are modeled in 3d but look just like sprites from the 2d perspective? I really like that. Kind of wish this is how Street Fighter 4 looked.

#31 Posted by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

I'm Xcited, havent played a guilty gear game in a while, glad to see its return.

#32 Edited by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Rock you.

Also, hell yeah Millia Rage. Her face looks unfortunately generic though.

Shit, I'm so hype right now.

#33 Edited by ESREVER (2670 posts) -

@dochaus said:

Well there went all the hype for BBCP :(

I still got it! But holy shit that looks beautiful... I've never played a GG though.

#34 Edited by Daneian (1207 posts) -

Wasn't Masami Obari somehow connected to Guilty Gear?

#35 Posted by TheHT (10888 posts) -

Xrd is such a stupid name, but this looks fantastic.

#36 Edited by FLStyle (4579 posts) -

What? Didn't want to call it Guilty Gear XXX? Boooooooo!

I hope it does well.

#37 Edited by casper_ (901 posts) -

THANK GOD. i've been waiting for so long for a new GG and these other arc games never satisfied that urge.

BB and P4A fans i highly recommend you check out the XX series as its one of the most immaculately crafted fighters ever made.

#38 Posted by Barrabas (325 posts) -

That name is A) terrible and B) completely appropriate for Guilty Gear. Looking forward to it.

I loved the BB games I've played, but let's face it "Rebel 1, Action" is no substitute for "Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!"

#39 Posted by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

I have the biggest fucking hard on right now and the only cure is this game coming out.

#40 Edited by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

All in. Shown Ky and Millia so already insanely happy.

#41 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

I'm terrible at anime fighters, but I always respected Guilty Gear. Will check this game out for sure.

#42 Posted by Zeik (2223 posts) -

@barrabas said:

That name is A) terrible and B) completely appropriate for Guilty Gear. Looking forward to it.

I loved the BB games I've played, but let's face it "Rebel 1, Action" is no substitute for "Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!"

Yeah, it's worth bringing this back just to see the return of the best announcer intro ever. Hopefully they get a good voice for it. Nothing beats the original X2.

#44 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
#45 Edited by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

i want it. i want it bad. give it to me now. put it in my eyeballs.

#46 Posted by gokaired (485 posts) -

@c2c: It's not that they took too long but that they only had the rights back for the last couple of years

mind is blown, i'm one of the biggest GG fans and a follower of Arc System Works, I have so much GG stuff at home, I wonder what the new soundtrack will be like, a variation of the regular themes or completely new ones with the same style.

And i'm surprised none of you noticed Sol's weapon is a lighter ;)

Getting all that from the Unreal Engine is impressive all on it's own, and the change in perspective is goofy but i approve

I'm getting the edition with the most stuff in it :)

#47 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

HEAVEN OR HELL!?

I've never actually played one of these, aside from very briefly getting my ass kicked not knowing what I was doing at a friends house once, but I always wanted to jump in and try to learn it.

Because I always liked the characters I saw in Guilty Gear better than the Blaz Blue crowd I never got to the point where I bought one of those games either, but with GG returning I am running out of excuses. Sign me up for this party!

#48 Posted by kishinfoulux (2255 posts) -

Awful name and butt rock music. Never got the appeal of this series.

#49 Edited by Morbid_Coffee (954 posts) -

@kishinfoulux said:

Awful name and butt rock music. Never got the appeal of this series.

That's half the appeal right there. The other half is that it's insanely execution heavy and the skill ceiling is insanely high, so when you see a player pulling off some crazy stuff, you know they're fucking good.

I rewatched this trailer like 30 times now and I get stupid giddy every single time. One thing that stands out to me right now that I'm not too sure about is that cinematic launcher. Has way too much start up to be a regular launcher, so I'm now wondering if it's some sort of universal unblockable move that leads to a free air combo if it hits? High risk high reward?

#50 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I'm reading that title as eckserd dash sign dash. :D

Also, Ky's new ponytail is super effeminate. >_<