Sin Kiske Confirmed for PS3 and PS4

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Flag combos anyone? According to Gematsu, Sin will be a playable character in Xrd on the PS3 and PS4.

"He has a parameter called “Full Stomach,” which decreases each time you use a special move. If you use up all of your Full Stomach by performing special moves, you’ll need to recharge it by eating during battle." Weird!

EDIT: Here's the first look at Sin Kiske from Famitsu.

No Caption Provided

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can't wait for Xrd it's cool Sin is in it.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Alright, I'm totally on board with the full stomach system.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

And apparently, Ky is his father and his mother is Dizzy.

The boy done grow up fast, yessiree.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Superkenon

@hailinel: Ky probably should have been expecting this when he boned that 3-year-old fully-grown lady.

DrifterInGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: I noticed you created a new page for Sin but there was already a page for Sin found here.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hailinel
@drifteringreen said:

@hailinel: I noticed you created a new page for Sin but there was already a page for Sin found here.

Ah, I see. Well, then that's something to bring up in the Delete/Combine Request forum.

EDIT: Weird. The old page doesn't show up in the search for me. I only see the new page.

DrifterInGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrifterInGreen

@hailinel said:

EDIT: Weird. The old page doesn't show up in the search for me. I only see the new page.

The old page doesn't have Kiske it's just Sin, I'm not sure if the old games ever gave his last name.

- - -

I'm interested in seeing more of how his relationship with Sol and Ky works, the idea that he kind of seems to dislike Ky while looking up to Sol seems like it could be pretty funny.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@drifteringreen: I played Overture and his deep hatred for his dad pretty much ended at the end of the game. He still likes traveling with Sol though so that will be fun to see.

DrifterInGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn: I guess "dislike" was kind of strong, I know he's got a stable/working relationship with Ky now, I meant more like Sin doesn't really seem to have a "warm and fuzzy" relationship with Ky, while at the same time he's tagging along with Sol.

I saw the one clip from E3 where Sol and Sin are traveling together and Sol uses the magic communicator to discuss (demand really) the price on Ramlethal's head and Sin seemed like he's going to be pretty likable, I think the whole "new kid" and the "old man" dynamic could be cool.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So why was Jeff going nuts about how this looked on the podcast? Am I missing something? Cause it looks just like previous GG games.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@demoskinos said:

So why was Jeff going nuts about how this looked on the podcast? Am I missing something? Cause it looks just like previous GG games.

You're... you're kidding, right?

No Caption Provided

This is one of the best looking fighting games ever made. There is no question about that.

Edit: I mean, seriously, like the previous GG games? Does Mortal Kombat X look like Mortal Kombat II?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: Not in the slightest. Nothing really jumps out to me about it at all. Not knocking it I just... don't see why people are freaking out.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea of Jeff going nuts over Guilty Gear just seems weird to me given his general aversion to ASW (that I've noticed) outside of P4A.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By musubi

@hailinel: Well I should specify he went nuts over how it looked not really how it plays or his interest in actually playing it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Well I should specify he went nuts over how it looked not really how it plays or his interest in actually playing it.

Ah. Well either way he's historically not had much kind to say about ASW.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zeik

@fluxwavez: Not in the slightest. Nothing really jumps out to me about it at all. Not knocking it I just... don't see why people are freaking out.

You have some very poor eyesight if you cannot tell the difference between these videos.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@demoskinos said:

He just doesn't like the way they play. That doesn't mean he's blind and can't tell the new one has pretty graphics.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By musubi

@zeik: Well, I do wear glasses so guilty as charged. Like I said not knocking it. It just doesn't wow me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@hailinel said:

@demoskinos said:

He just doesn't like the way they play. That doesn't mean he's blind and can't tell the new one has pretty graphics.

Fair enough. I actually haven't listened to that Bombcast discussion, so I don't know what was specifically said.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zeik

@zeik: Well, I do wear glasses so guilty as charged.

Might be time to look into replacing them I guess.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik: Well, I do wear glasses so guilty as charged. Like I said not knocking it. It just doesn't wow me.

I've literally never heard anyone say anything bad about how Xrd looks until now. It's especially crazy that you would compare how it looks to previous GG games so... I dunno, man.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@demoskinos: If I had to put it into words, I suppose I'd say that it has all the visual depth and fidelity of a really good 3D game without sacrificing any of the smoothness and "style" of a traditional sprite-based/hand-drawn game. It's something I don't believe many, if any, games have done in the past. Especially not fighting games. I completely understand if it doesn't wow you or anyone else though. Nothing wrong with that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

I've literally never heard anyone say anything bad about how Xrd looks until now. It's especially crazy that you would compare how it looks to previous GG games so... I dunno, man.

Please show me where I said it looked bad? Because I didn't. I simply said it didn't wow me. Those are two entirely different statements.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez said:

@demoskinos said:

Please show me where I said it looked bad? Because I didn't. I simply said it didn't wow me. Those are two entirely different statements.

Well you did say it looks like previous GG games, which by today's standards does not look so great.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@demoskinos said:

That's true, though I associated making it sound like it looks like previous GG games to making it sound bad because those games don't look the best these days.

DrifterInGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DrifterInGreen

@demoskinos:

You guys kind of successfully managed to derail the thread granted it's questionable how much discussion can happen related to Sin considering he's not exactly well known given his only appearances before this were in a Real Time Strategy game and a pachinko/slot machine game.

To answer your question though demoskinos The game's models are in full 3D and for all intensive purposes Xrd is Arc System Works first step into 3D modeled fighting games. The only other 3D Guilty Gear was Guilty Gear 2: Overture (2008) Which was the game Sin was introduced in, for context it was an Action Real Time Strategy game and it looked like this. Notice the player character that's Sin and now Sin looks like this in Xrd.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm putting this game next to my soundtracks and GG books, i'm soo siked! This game will rock!

!!!

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man what happened to this thread :(

I personally think this game looks good but I think the reason why I say that is because it's really colourful, didn't think it would work well with 3D models and the most important thing is that it's running on Unreal Engine 3 at a stable framerate of 60FPS. I didn't think unreal could look this good and stay stable lol.