elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elyhaym

Finally!

Been following this game since back when Giantbomb showed an alpha gameplay trailer of the game.

Gameplay reminds me of XCOM crossed with the artstyle of something like Alien Breed. And the soundtrack, don't get me started! So great.

Any of you duders planning to get this?

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hrm, I honestly don't remember ever seeing this. Looks really interesting though. I may have to check this out once I'm done with Divinity.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you can find the alpha gameplay video on Giantbomb if you look on the game's page.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is it.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Graphically it reminds me a bit of the new Barkley game. I'll keep an eye on this.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely forgot about this, I might pick it up. A QL of this would be great.

Is there gonna be any multiplayer?

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging from their FAQ, it won't have multiplayer, which is fine. They're a small team and I'd honestly rather have a good singleplayer game than a one the does mediocre at both multi- and singleplayer.

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elyhaym I agree, though I would like to play such a game in hot seat against friends.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm getting it if not for the sprite work alone. THAT is how an indie sprite game should look, enough of this crappy stick figure sprites like the human from Crawl; its ugly and bad looking

Fun fact: This will be the 3rd turn based game I ever play

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

It's been on my radar for a while now. I really like the style. Reminds me of the old Bitmap Brothers games for the Amiga.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I'm getting it if not for the sprite work alone. THAT is how an indie sprite game should look, enough of this crappy stick figure sprites like the human from Crawl; its ugly and bad looking

There's definitely a lot of games with shitty pixel art that ends up giving pixel art a bad name :(

Anyway, this seems cool. I love me some turn-based tactics.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somedelicook said:

There's definitely a lot of games with shitty pixel art that ends up giving pixel art a bad name :(

Anyway, this seems cool. I love me some turn-based tactics.

I really enjoy good pixel art, its what makes games instantly timeless. However, its this specific pixel art I really enjoy; there is so much detail capture in such a small amount of dimensions that is really pleasing to look at because of how simple it is at the same time.

Its also why I prefer levels like the dev texture maps in Source games that are laid out and planned well or the lab maps from Uncharted 3.

Dredlockz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, artist is Johan Vinet, he's an incredibly talented pixel artist:

http://johanvinet.tumblr.com/

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By elyhaym

Honestly, while I'm super excited for the game itself, I'd consider getting it just for the music. It's that great. Reminds me of the late 90's/early 00's work from Alexander Brandon.