HaloFest Discussion

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By csl316

So this HaloFest thing is starting, and I'm watching it right over here.

They're talking about Halo so damn much, man.

As for Halo 5, they talked about new abilities that made mp seem far, far more mobile. Slides, charges, thrusting all over. Showed plenty of it, and apparently two maps will be debuted later.

They mentioned all the weapons having a zoom thing, but Frankie talked about firing from the hip. They specifically said if everyone relies on using the zoom, they've broken the game. I continue to think they know what they're doing.

Beta update: December 29th. Three weeks, three modes, seven maps.

So yeah, this is a thread to discuss this stream.

Edit: Here's the Halo 5 multiplayer video.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BabyChooChoo

I think they're trying to sell Nightfall a bit too much, but other than that, everything looks pretty kinda really fuckin awesome. I was kinda skeptical of the whole ADS thing when I first heard it, but I like how they specifically said 1. hip fire has not changed at all 2. you can be forcefully knocked out of ADS and 3. like you mentioned, if everyone is using it, that means they've broken the game. I personally feel that people give 'em a lot of unwarranted shit, but 343 seems like they've got their heads on straight and for that I'm grateful.

FajitaBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Halo 5 multiplayer looks pretty awesome, I like the changes they are making. Even footing, abilities with trade offs, faster paced but same tactical feel. Seems like they being smart about this, hopefully it turns out well.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By csl316

@babychoochoo: Right, 343 seems to be on the right track. I think Halo 4 was a great first effort, but they were still trying to find a balance between old and new (campaign and mp). I'm hoping the feedback from that and the upcoming beta nudges them even further towards the right direction. The campaign, as always with an upcoming Halo game, has my imagination running wild but that's a good way to give myself weird expectations.

And Nightfall's going right now. Everyone sure is frowny.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Steadying

Wow, Halo 5 looks extremely fun. I say that as someone who doesn't really care for any of the other Halo games, so take that as you will.